Sam Poll (Patriots Game)  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Sam's total TDs (pass and rush)

2. 2. Sam's INTs

3. 3. Passing yards

4. 4. Rushing total

5. 5. Sam's fumbles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/06/2022 at 06:00 PM

3 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

He probably already knows the Colts offense. 

Frank handed him the play call sheet with all the plays saying "RUN IT UP THE MIDDLE" 

We will hand it off to you... slowly... from the shot gun... then run it up the middle.. And by the time you have the ball, the DL have abused our OL, so make sure you have updated your insurance...

Kidding.. but seriously, doubt we see much of him this week. Perhaps on short yardage situations. 

No more rose colored glasses for me after last game. Like what lve seen from Sam. But something tells me they could put Manning back there and still have the same results we've seen all year. The only saving grace is Sam can extend plays (alot like Harbaugh).

All 1's, TD, Fumble, Int, or second from the bottom for all answers.  Overall a bad day, but not awful  (better than Wentz against JAX, lol).  What we'd expect from a QB getting his second NFL start against BB in NE.

Still most interested in seeing zip on his passes in the outdoors.  That's still the biggest unknown for me, because the rest of his game seems good enough, and maybe even better than good enough.

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

All 1's, TD, Fumble, Int, or second from the bottom for all answers.  Overall a bad day, but not awful  (better than Wentz against JAX, lol).  What we'd expect from a QB getting his second NFL start against BB in NE.

Still most interested in seeing zip on his passes in the outdoors.  That's still the biggest unknown for me, because the rest of his game seems good enough, and maybe even better than good enough.

He was 300+, 4 TDs, and 100+ PR vs Jax this year... and a W... 

12 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

Who will fumble the ball with 4 minutes left in the game or within the opponents 30 yard line? So far there has been someone doing it once in the last 3 games? 

They get the call down from the booth in the ear piece, fumble it now so we can tank, you can't win. Hey Pittman, can you hear me - hey, drop a perfect pass that could help put us in FG range if you get a chance to win the game haha  (sarcasm).

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He was 300+, 4 TDs, and 100+ PR vs Jax this year... and a W... 

Playing for a different team.  I meant that I expect Sam to do better with NE than Wentz did with Jax as a Colt. 

It wouldn't be hard to have a QBR higher than 6.   it was a joke.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Playing for a different team.  I meant that I expect Sam to do better with NE than Wentz did with Jax as a Colt. 

It wouldn't be hard to have a QBR higher than 6.   it was a joke.

Welp... WA has a horrible pass-pro/OL, just like Indy last year... 

Perhaps WA has better coaching / play calling... LMAO... 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Welp... WA has a horrible pass-pro/OL, just like Indy last year... 

Perhaps WA has better coaching / play calling... LMAO... 

You're kinda chippy this morning! 

I agree with your context.  But, if the QBR stat is highly dependent upon the quality of the pass pro and the play calling in any given game, then that stat is nearly worthless to use as a QB evaluation tool....but people seem to pull it out when needed...and others make a TON OF MONEY producing and selling it, lol. 

I didn't mean to invite Wentz/Frank discussions.  Just saying that I think Sam will do not great and maybe even not good at NE, but that's an okay performance under the circumstances. 

Have a wonderful day!

Just now, DougDew said:

You're kinda chippy this morning! 

I agree with your context.  But, if the QBR stat is highly dependent upon the quality of the pass pro and the play calling in any given game, then that stat is nearly worthless to use as a QB evaluation tool....but people seem to pull it out when needed...and others make a TON OF MONEY producing and selling it, lol. 

I didn't mean to invite Wentz/Frank discussions.  Just saying that I think Sam will do not great and maybe even not good at NE, but that's an okay performance under the circumstances. 

Have a wonderful day!

I'd argue stats are even more valid when an QB has an horrible OL.

It's much much easier to succeed with a top 10 OL.... Rivers and JB both had top 10 OLs... 

But if you have better stats, with a bottom 3 OL.. well... it's simple logic... 

Our last two QBs would have looked better with top 10 OL... simple logic... 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's much much easier to succeed with a top 10 OL.... Rivers and JB both had top 10 OLs... 

Did you take in affect that our O.Line looked good because of Rivers getting rid of the ball fast and reading defenses quickly?

28 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Again, I agree with your context.  But some just compare QBR to QBR statically to emphasize their opinion that one QB is better than the other.

Its just best to watch every play of every game...but both us fans and people who get paid to analyze stuff for us can't do that...so companies develop a stat system that can make games and players more easily comparable...which by its nature strips away the idiosyncratic contexts that's needed to properly understand what's going on.  IOW, very inferior to just watching the games, which most people can't do if they want to have an opinion on the other 31 teams and their players.

Since I don't have the time or interest to watch all 15 games each weekend, I don't form opinions on other teams or players as much as others.

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Again, I agree with your context.  But some just compare QBR to QBR statically to emphasize their opinion that one QB is better than the other.

Its just best to watch every play of every game...but both us fans and people who get paid to analyze stuff for us can't do that...so companies develop a stat system that can make games and players more easily comparable...which by its nature strips away the idiosyncratic contexts that's needed to properly understand what's going on.  IOW, very inferior to just watching the games, which most people can't do if they want to have an opinion on the other 31 teams and their players.

Since I don't have the time or interest to watch all 15 games each weekend, I don't form opinions on other teams or players very much.  I don't have good material by which to form an opinion.

I am actually a stats guy in a lot of ways but over the years I have learned to use eye test and a players intangible's as another factor. Clutch factor is huge as well. Stats can be misleading as in, a player can have 20 carries for 40 yards in a game but then bust a run for 60 yards and a TD, so he ends up with 100 Yards and a TD and it looks like he had a great game. I have seen QB's have great QBR's in games and throw for 300 yards but still lose because they screw up and make a bad play at the end. I would rather win and have good stats, then lose and have great stats. Look at Tom Brady's stats in 2003 and 2004 compared to Peyton's, Peyton would easily be considered the better QB if that is all people went by. Tom was good enough though and made the clutch plays to win, when it counted. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

If I'm Sam... I would move in with Gilmore this week... 

If anyone would know BB's tendencies on D, Gilmore would. 

Holder posted on twitter Sam is sitting down with Gilmore this morning. Gilmore knows how BB works and Sam’s a smart kid. I hope they find some weakspots. 

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Holder posted on twitter Sam is sitting down with Gilmore this morning. Gilmore knows how BB works and Sam’s a smart kid. I hope they find some weakspots. 

Yup. BB seems to have a new twist though. 

And BB is a chess player... So I expect he knows Sam will be getting info for Gilmore. 

I'm most concerned with Dugger in that hybrid/star position. But he's been LP all week. Maybe we catch a break. 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Did you take in affect that our O.Line looked good because of Rivers getting rid of the ball fast and reading defenses quickly?

Smith was a one year wonder as a pass blocker... for Rivers. 0 sacks. Hahahaha! You couldn't de-pants him quicker with that pov.

He got a Plethora of statsfreakonomics.

And i have enjoyed stats but i don't let it obscure the more obvious. Rivers clearly covered up a bevy of Warts.

Archived