Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Deadline

Moosejawcolt

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yeah sad.  Starting to come on.  He could be urged to stay for the next uour buck. I would almost gamble and trade Pittman. Make him a focal point. 

Pittman and Buckner are going to get you the most value as far as picks. With pierce playing like he has it’s almost worth it to look at reading Pittman if your serious about a QB. But like I said would not do that until after the season to see where you land in the draft order.

10 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

How much cap space will the Colts save trading him?

Hines:

2022 Dead Cap: $1.5m

2023 Dead Cap: $3m

2022 Cap Savings: $3.64m

2023 Cap Savings: $3.29m

2024 Cap Savings: $6.9m

Save $13.8m over life of contract.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Reminder the nfl trade deadline hardly materializes from rumors. It’s usually a wimper.

Not sure his compensation is worth much 

Ok could maybe see a  3rd and 5th or 6th

Maybe just a 4th? That's all browns.are.asking for Hunt.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

How much does that really help for a trade up for a QB? With Campbell playing well in slot makes Hines expendable.

Not really much. Main thing is saving that money in the future getting out of a bad contract.

Could just be a player for player trade?

Doing this also allows us to quit trying to force plays to him. 

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

First Breer’s rumor today about Okereke and tonight we have the Hines rumor.  Tomorrow could be an interesting day.

Didn't see the Oke rumor.   Oke and Hines.  I'd be happy, I wanted them traded two years ago.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Didn't see the Oke rumor.   Oke and Hines.  I'd be happy, I wanted them traded two years ago.

Oke definitely makes sense. I like him over Franklin, but Franklin is signed fairly cheaply for couple more years and Oke is going to want a pretty good deal I think.

Seems staff prefers Franklin as well. Need to sign Speed to extension though, hopefully in that Zaire range 

Hines, yeah he needs to go. We can get his production for league minimum.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I actually like Okereke quite a bit.  If we do move him I hope it’s for a player who can help us.  I could live with Wynn.  I read today where he was described as a serviceable tackle.  That’s certainly better than Pryor.

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

With Sam on the field, you started to see some things work with Hines.  Doubt he is traded.

I could see them trying to put Deon in Hines position thereby making Hines expendable 

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Makes sense and I think Philly is looking for a RB. Perfect for hurts game.

Far be it from me to second guess anyone’s gut feeling in the NFL haha 

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

I could see them trying to put Deon in Hines position thereby making Hines expendable 

They're a little different.  I'd rather see the between the tackles runs go to Jackson, but Hines adds some versatility.

9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Wow. Stephen wouldn’t say this if it wasn’t happening 

Please let it be true!!! That way no more Hines up the middle!!! But im sure he would average 5ypc on any other team up the middle! What would Reich do then? Paris Campbell run up the middle probably!

Archived