Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Its a long shot, but i want to know what others think??

Believe blue1306

Long time reader, but never made a thread. 

Nick cross a defensive rookie of the year? What do you think? 

1) from what I've seen and read he's a stud, kinda get that Bob sanders vibe. All preseason he played well. 

2) he's got JB across from him and I honestly think they could have great potential together. On paper we have an all pro defense. I just think that opens the door for him. 

Obviously this is just my opinion but I think he's going to sneak up to be a phenomenal player for us and I'm excited to see what he can do! 

Just want to hear what you guys think of him and go colts! 

I think he has a ton of potential. If he satays healthy I think DROY is possible. It will take some big highlights in order to get on the radar. Some big hits/FF and INTs probably. Even if he is awesome in his role but without the big splash plays to get media attention I don’t think he has much of a chance 

Last S to win was Mark Carrier in 1990. Only 2 of the last 20 DROY winners were picked outside of the 1st round.

Much easier for one of the early ERs to win it this year.

I wouldn’t say impossible, but it’s highly improbable. Which is why his odds are currently 100-1.

9 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Last S to win was Mark Carrier in 1990. Only 2 of the last 20 DROY winners were picked outside of the 1st round.

Much easier for one of the early ERs to win it this year.

I wouldn’t say impossible, but it’s highly improbable. Which is why his odds are currently 100-1.

Since you did the homework….  A name popped into my head….    Troy Polomanu?

He’d have to be Bob Sanders like in my opinion to pull it off and that’s a pretty high bar to ask anyone to clear.  Personally I’d be happy if he had a rookie season like Bethea where you knew he was going to be a long term player who made a major positive impact on your team even if the rest of the league didn’t realize it yet.

He would need to cause a lot of turn overs to be in the conversation.  If an edge player hits double digit sacks there is virtually no chance. I am pumped to see how this defense uses two SS type players. I have a feeling Blackmon and Cross will be interchangeable and used as such. We may have a sneaky good secondary and if our pass rush improves they may look even better. 

Archived