Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kadarious Toney

It looks like the Giants want to trade last years 1st round pick, wide receiver, Kadarious Toney.  I'm seeing he should be available for a 3rd or 4th round pick.  I'd be ecstatic if the Colts added him to the team for a 4th round pick.  Being picked in the 1st round and then having a decent rookie season on a bad Giants offense and now being available for a 3 or 4, there is obviously something up behind the scenes.... I say it's worth taking a chance on and bring him to indy for a 4th.

Side topic: Then package 2 and 3 together and move up and get LT Trevor Penning

I’m sure Ballard will do his best to find out what is going on here.  What we know is last year’s regime drafted him and the new regime wants to move on.  Is he no longer a fit for what they want to do offensively or is something else going on?  If he checks out he would be a great addition.  So we will just have to see where this goes.  

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Explain? To my knowledge he has never been a bad teammate.

My understanding is….

No Covid shots.   And now with a new front office and coaches, he’s a no show for the off-season program.    I don’t think he’s even close to a Ballard-type player. 

On 4/25/2022 at 2:28 AM, NewColtsFan said:

My understanding is….

No Covid shots.   And now with a new front office and coaches, he’s a no show for the off-season program.    I don’t think he’s even close to a Ballard-type player. 

He did end up reporting yesterday. 

As for Ballard-type...I don't blame a player for being dysfunctional on a team that is highly dysfunctional. There was nothing in the '21 reporting that indicated he was a concern off the field. I think he got overdrafted but would be worth a 4th certainly.  

Heck yeah, already shown he can produce at the NFL level as a rookie (39-420-0-10.8) on a team with Kenny Galloday, Evan Engram, Saquon Barkley, Darius Slayton and Sterling Shephard all pulling targets away from him and Daniel Jones and Mike Glennon throwing the rock.....that is decent production.

In comparison, Reggie Wayne had a rookie line of 27-345-0-12.8

For a good price I would hope Ballard is willing to pull the trigger!

On 4/26/2022 at 8:37 PM, ColtV said:

He did end up reporting yesterday. 

As for Ballard-type...I don't blame a player for being dysfunctional on a team that is highly dysfunctional. There was nothing in the '21 reporting that indicated he was a concern off the field. I think he got overdrafted but would be worth a 4th certainly.  

For a 4th, a definite yes. A vet like Ryan would hit him in stride and in space where he’s more deadly.

Archived