Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict the 2022 NFL Draft - With a Twist - Part 2

sb41champs

What I would like CB to do is trade up to about 34 or so and take Jahan Dotson if he falls out of the 1st round.  It may cost us at best our second 2nd round pick (from Washington) in 2023.  Otherwise, it would cost picks from this year.

That would give us maybe 5 total picks this year.

However, CB has already talked about trading down.  He probably expects Dotson to be gone by the time we pick.  And picking up more picks.  Giving us 7 or 8.

1 hour ago, cbear said:

4. I know it will never be, but that would mean players he really liked maybe slipped a bit and he was aggressive enough to go get them. Three Jonathan Taylor types. Yes I'm dreaming again.... 

I think the player they may trade up for would be a wr into the 1st. They have Ryan for 2 years. Ryan came here to win. No doubt in those 3 hour conversations  with the Colts they laid out their plans for the draft. They have continued to build the defence and still may not be done. People are disappointed that they have not acquired a wr and te yet. I think based on market value and value to the  team, their team approach had been excellent. Wrs  are just so expensive in free agency.  Some people have Colts taking a qb with their 1st pick. I don't see it at all. Ryan knows he is a short term solution, however he wants to win now and drafting a qb with a high pick goes against adding talent to win now.  I would even bet against adding a qb next year. Go all in the next 2 years plus there r teams with 2 #1s next year.  A lot will depend on how Ryan plays this year that will determine how they draft going forward. He could give us 3 good years or more. Plus, the way thr Colts r built, you need more of a cerebral qb than a gun slinger,《Wentz)

I think two things are likely: 

1. The Colts do NOT draft a QB this year. 
2. The Colts trade down deeper into the second round from pick 42, even though I’d like them to take the best available WR, TE, CB or LT with that pick. By trading down, Ballard may be able to nab an additional late 3rd or early 4th, giving the Colts 8 picks overall. 

2 hours ago, Hoose said:

I think two things are likely: 

1. The Colts do NOT draft a QB this year. 
2. The Colts trade down deeper into the second round from pick 42, even though I’d like them to take the best available WR, TE, CB or LT with that pick. By trading down, Ballard may be able to nab an additional late 3rd or early 4th, giving the Colts 8 picks overall. 

The only thing about trading down is it takes the Colts father away from getting a player that can help this year and more of a project. Need a player who can play now. Ryan is here for 2 years under contract. 

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

My prediction is 6 quality players.

A potential draft pick for 2023.

NO QUARTERBACK DRAFTED.

I know its not going to be a popular take but the more I listen to Desmond Ridder the more I like him.  He's gonna need to eat some sandwiches or GroversBBQ to put on some weight though. Or he'll get killed like Mariota did 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived