Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2022 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man my Cubs stink, no way to sugarcoat it. :thmdown:

You have to hope they don't finish last in the division.  Seems a small thing to root for but it is something.   Only the Mariners, the Padres and the Pirates have finished last in their division more times.  The Reds have only done it 2 times so they have something to fight for as well.  The Dodgers, Yankees and Cardinals are the only teams to finish last 1 time.  

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

You have to hope they don't finish last in the division.  Seems a small thing to root for but it is something.   Only the Mariners, the Padres and the Pirates have finished last in their division more times.  The Reds have only done it 2 times so they have something to fight for as well.  The Dodgers, Yankees and Cardinals are the only teams to finish last 1 time.  

In my early days I am used to us usually stinking, the year Andre Dawson won MVP in 1987 we finished last lmao . I am used to it. I was just spoiled from 2015-2021.

The Cardinals and Brewers have split the 2 games that they have played in their 4 games series.   They are tied for the division lead.  Neither has a wild card spot at this time.  

Reds are 1.5 games behind the Cubs.  

On 6/16/2022 at 1:12 PM, Myles said:

Cardinals are 1.5 games up on the Brewers.   The Brewers are 1 game out of the wild card race.   Cincy is .5 game behind the Cubs.  

Interesting NL Central.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

The Cardinals and Brewers have split the 2 games that they have played in their 4 games series.   They are tied for the division lead.  Neither has a wild card spot at this time.  

Reds are 1.5 games behind the Cubs.  

What happened to the Pirates? Any updates on how they are playing?

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

What happened to the Pirates? Any updates on how they are playing?

They have won 3 in a row, but are still 9.5 games out of the division lead and 10 games out of a wild card spot.   They just called up their top prospects (Cruz and Madris) they were both called up from Indianapolis yesterday and Cruz had 4 RBI's and Madris had 3 hits in a 12-1 win over the Cubs.

Cardinals up 2-1 in the 4 game series with the Brewers.   Huge opportunity starting in a couple minutes.   To go 3-1 in the series and take a 2 game lead would be huge for the Cardinals.   My guess is that the Brew Crew win this one but it might be close.  The pitching matchup is a wash on paper.   

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Cardinals up 2-1 in the 4 game series with the Brewers.   Huge opportunity starting in a couple minutes.   To go 3-1 in the series and take a 2 game lead would be huge for the Cardinals.   My guess is that the Brew Crew win this one but it might be close.  The pitching matchup is a wash on paper.   

Brewers 4, Cardinals 3 in the 5th inning.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Brewers 4, Cardinals 3 in the 5th inning.

Brewers won, both teams are 40-32 = tied for 1st in the NL Central. It is a 2 team race at this point. Then we have our craptastic 3 team race for the cellar = Cubs, Reds, and Pirates. The Cubs management has me so pee'd off that it has me shaking my head. Trading guys in their prime like Bryant and Baez is so ridiculous, you build around players like that. Rizzo is killing it in NY, Yankees are on pace to win 120 games homer simpson love GIF

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brewers won, both teams are 40-32 = tied for 1st in the NL Central. It is a 2 team race at this point. Then we have our craptastic 3 team race for the cellar = Cubs, Reds, and Pirates. The Cubs management has me so pee'd off that it has me shaking my head. Trading guys in their prime like Bryant and Baez is so ridiculous, you build around players like that. Rizzo is killing it in NY, Yankees are on pace to win 120 games homer simpson love GIF

Hard to believe the Cubs were 103-58 in 2016 (top 10 team ever according to MLB.com) and won a World Series, now we are this toilet GIF

8 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Cubs and Cards start up tomorrow, will be there for Game 1, as the only night game so the least amount of heat

Have a good time.   Big series for the Cardinals to try to stay with the Brewers.  

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cubs are so Bi-polar that they will probably win 2 games in this series just to irk you a little lmao but will turn around and get swept by a team that stinks.

I hope we see the bi-polar side of the Cubs that is not playing well.  

The Brew Crew has 7 games against the Pirates in the first 2 weeks of July.  They are currently 6-0 against the Pirates this season.  

57 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am also going to the game tomorrow too now, via work. Sitting in the Green Seats right behind home plate

You are a lucky man.   It's too bad Molina won't be playing, it'd be nice to see him in his last season.   I guess you do get to see Pujos in his last season.  Goldschimdt has been on a tear this season, I hope it continues.  He may get the NL MVP if he keeps it up.  He is leading the NL in hits (87), batting average (.339), on-base percentage (.418), slugging percentage (.623) and OPS (1.041).

1 hour ago, Myles said:

You are a lucky man.   It's too bad Molina won't be playing, it'd be nice to see him in his last season.   I guess you do get to see Pujos in his last season.  Goldschimdt has been on a tear this season, I hope it continues.  He may get the NL MVP if he keeps it up.  He is leading the NL in hits (87), batting average (.339), on-base percentage (.418), slugging percentage (.623) and OPS (1.041).

Well dont forget, I am a Cubs fan. 

I have actually seen Molina and Wainwright and Pujols in a game this season, against the Giants when Pujols pitched (I actually know his cousin). 

But I am going tonight with a friend, my parents and nephews. Tomorrow I get to use the work tickets (green seats) which are like 288 for that game. It should be fun since there is the club underneath, and unlimited food. It will be hot though, but such a close up of the players and may try to get some autographs before the game

My Yankees are slowing down a bit lately.  They'll cruise to the playoffs but wont be surprised if the Sox make a run at them for the division. 

I'll be disappointed if dont get a bye but will still need to advance in playoffs for a world series appearance.  

It was much easier in the old days, just win the most regular season games and off to the World Series you go. It's harder now with all the playoff rounds. But of course much easier to get one of those playoff spots.

Judge got $19 million today as they went to arbitration but I think agreed outside of it?. If the Yankees aren't careful their going to lose him. He didn't seem happy with management today. Give him his Big contract like he deserves.  If you don't pay judge who you gonna pay?

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

My Yankees are slowing down a bit lately.  They'll cruise to the playoffs but wont be surprised if the Sox make a run at them for the division. 

I'll be disappointed if dont get a bye but will still need to advance in playoffs for a world series appearance.  

It was much easier in the old days, just win the most regular season games and off to the World Series you go. It's harder now with all the playoff rounds. But of course much easier to get one of those playoff spots.

Judge got $19 million today as they went to arbitration but I think agreed outside of it?. If the Yankees aren't careful their going to lose him. He didn't seem happy with management today. Give him his Big contract like he deserves.  If you don't pay judge who you gonna pay?

I think they are paying allot of players.   They have a team payroll of over $250 million and the MLB average team payroll is $147 million.

7 hours ago, Myles said:

I think they are paying allot of players.   They have a team payroll of over $250 million and the MLB average team payroll is $147 million.

Yeah and so are other teams like the dodgers and there's nothing wrong with that. Look how excited the colts fanbase is because they traded for a pass rusher and signed a Top FA CB!!! That's what teams do when they want to win.

But Judge is one they should absolutely pay and not quibble over money like they are the Rays or Marlins. 

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yeah and so are other teams like the dodgers and there's nothing wrong with that. Look how excited the colts fanbase is because they traded for a pass rusher and signed a Top FA CB!!! That's what teams do when they want to win.

That is all true, it's how MLB operates.   Personally I'm not a fan of it.   I would love to see a salary min/max.    Maybe a max of $200 million and a min of $100 million.  The Dodgers, Yankees and Red Sox would still be at the top but it would force the Marlins, Pirates and others to spend some money.   

On 6/25/2022 at 1:11 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yankees have nothing to worry about. They are clearly the best team in baseball. They should win around 105 games at worse. Best all-around team I have seen since the 2016 Cubs actually and we went 103-58 and won it all. Red Sox cheated in 2018 and it's funny how only the 2017 Astros are looked at in that way but the Red Sox did the same thing in 2018 lmao .

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Myles, I told you Bi-Polar The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO). We took 2 of 3 from you. Now watch we will probably get swept by the Reds. Hell @HOZERshould break the W Flag after winning 2 of 3 in St Louis. Baseball, what a weird game. Proud of the guys though beating an old rival.

Yeah, these 2 always play close.  

Last 5 years

Cardinals 10-9

Cardinals 10-9

Tied 5-5

Cardinals 10-9

Tied 4-4 this season.

So in 5 years the Cardinals have won 39 and the Cubs have won 36.   Super close. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yankees have nothing to worry about. They are clearly the best team in baseball. They should win around 105 games at worse. Best all-around team I have seen since the 2016 Cubs actually and we went 103-58 and won it all. Red Sox cheated in 2018 and it's funny how only the 2017 Astros are looked at in that way but the Red Sox did the same thing in 2018 lmao .

Thanks but the pessimism in me still is afraid were similar to  teams in recent years.......Built for the regular season. We're still very reliant on HR's and our Big Money Ace, Cole, concerns me in big games. 

And yes the red sox are guilty as well and Cora cheated with both organizations lol.

And I think Stanton is the strongest hitter I've ever seen. I've never seen someone swing "Flat Footed" and hit the ball so hard!

Rizzo is a great acquisition from your Cubs, the way he adjusts to the situation.  Why did the cubs let him go? 

I'm interested where Chapman fits in if he comes back healthy/effective? He's one of my favorites, and was so sad the Reds got him first but I never gave up on the Yankees getting him lol.

I hope we get to the WS this year but there are so many rounds it can actually get mentally exhausting. 

If we play the Rays in playoffs I might try and catch a game, but I don't know if they'll make it. 

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Thanks but the pessimism in me still is afraid were similar to  teams in recent years.......Built for the regular season. We're still very reliant on HR's and our Big Money Ace, Cole, concerns me in big games. 

And yes the red sox are guilty as well and Cora cheated with both organizations lol.

And I think Stanton is the strongest hitter I've ever seen. I've never seen someone swing "Flat Footed" and hit the ball so hard!

Rizzo is a great acquisition from your Cubs, the way he adjusts to the situation.  Why did the cubs let him go? 

I'm interested where Chapman fits in if he comes back healthy/effective? He's one of my favorites, and was so sad the Reds got him first but I never gave up on the Yankees getting him lol.

I hope we get to the WS this year but there are so many rounds it can actually get mentally exhausting. 

If we play the Rays in playoffs I might try and catch a game, but I don't know if they'll make it. 

I have Yankees winning it all at this point. It will be them vs either the Mets or Dodgers in the WS IMO.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Yeah, these 2 always play close.  

Last 5 years

Cardinals 10-9

Cardinals 10-9

Tied 5-5

Cardinals 10-9

Tied 4-4 this season.

So in 5 years the Cardinals have won 39 and the Cubs have won 36.   Super close. 

I still hope you win the division because I can't stand Brewers fans. My Cubs are in rebuild mode. 

Upcoming is the stretch where I think the Cardinals lose the chance to win the division.  Their next 14 games are against the Phillies, Braves and Dodgers.   The Brewers have the Pirates, Cubs and Twins.   They are currently 1 game back of the Brewers.  1 games up for the last WC spot.  Should be a close second half of the season.   The Reds are 1.5 games back of the Cubs.  

My 3 Month assessment:

I think it is a forgone conclusion that the Yankees will win the WS. One they are over due - haven't won since 2009, #2 - they are loaded and just nearly unbeatable.

The NL is up in the air, between the Mets and Dodgers it will be interesting. 

Cubs management can go suck a big egg. Trading Bryant and Baez while in their primes makes 0 sense. In 2016 we win the WS led by these guys and then management becomes manglementhappy homer simpson GIF, Rizzo is a little older but he is playing like he is 25 years old again on the Yankees lmao .

On 6/30/2022 at 9:52 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My 3 Month assessment:

I think it is a forgone conclusion that the Yankees will win the WS. One they are over due - haven't won since 2009, #2 - they are loaded and just nearly unbeatable.

The NL is up in the air, between the Mets and Dodgers it will be interesting. 

Cubs management can go suck a big egg. Trading Bryant and Baez while in their primes makes 0 sense. In 2016 we win the 

I root against the Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox each year.   I never had the Mets in that group because they aren't usually very good. 

NL Central is tight at the top and bottom.   The Cards are 1 game behind the Brewers and 1 game ahead of the Giants for the last WC spot.   The Cubs are now 3.5 games ahead of the Reds.  The Cubs have a gruesome schedule starting today.  3 games vs Red Sox, 3 games at Brewers and 4 games at Dodgers.  The Reds start an 11 game home stand against the Braves, Mets, Pirates and Rays.  My guess is that the Cubs lead over the Reds shrinks to 1-2 games in the next week or so. 

On 6/26/2022 at 6:23 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Myles, I told you Bi-Polar The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO). We took 2 of 3 from you. Now watch we will probably get swept by the Reds. Hell @HOZERshould break the W Flag after winning 2 of 3 in St Louis. Baseball, what a weird game. Proud of the guys though beating an old rival.

Sorry so late buddy……

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

This lady announcer for the Cubs sucks = Beth Mowins - she is awful. She seems to love the other team, she was like that last year too. She gets way too excited when the Cubs fail. Cubs had bases loaded against the Brewers in the 10th at 2-2 and failed to score. I smell a loss now. Hey we had a chance to get back in 3rd place today. I miss Len Kasper. When it was Len and Big D that was like having @hozer and I here from 2015-2020. 

Archived