Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2022 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are in a rebuilding year and are spanking the Brewers butt. I love it! Cubs have now won 5 in row and 2 straight over the pesky Brewers. Like I said back in 2016 when Brewers fans were getting cocky, they would never win a WS, they just don't have it, and I think it is funny! Happy Homer Simpson GIF. Hell they can't even beat us in a down year. @Mylesyou can thank me later for us wiping these clowns out. Cards will win the division and I am ok with it.

Home of the 2016 World Champion Cubs, something Yelich and the Brewers will never be able to say. haha 

Cubs should finish 3rd this year and win around 75 games, not bad for scrapping a lot of our team from last year. We need to get a couple of young pitchers that can be Ace's. When we won it all in 2016, it was about pitching with Jake at his best in his career  (Jake was on Kershaw's level that season), 'The Professor' was lights out - he was Maddux like that season, and of course the sweet lefty = Lester. Then we had Chapman to close who could throw 103 MPH. Great memories! MVP Bryant and Rizzo just dominated offensively too. Of course El' Mago contributed as well with his offense and defense.

Moving forward we still have the 'The Professor' and Contreras who were on that 2016 team, and now Wisdom + Hoerner. We just need to keep building. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brewers beat us today, but we still won 2 of 3.

Cardinals and Cubs play 5 in the next 4 days.   Since they usually play .500 ball against each other, I would be happy to win 3 of the 5.  

Cardinals win first game against the Cubs 1-0.  

Montgomery pitched a 1 hit complete game for the Cardinals.  Struck out 7 and walked none.

Double header today.   I'll be home in time to watch the end of the 1st game and probably watch some of the second. 

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep 2-2, figures. No matter how bad the Cubs are or Cards are, this is usually the result. Usually in a 5 game series the better team wins 3-2 which the Cards are. We will see.

The Cubs pitching is pretty good and they have the better pitching matchup today.   I'd give it 50/50 for either team.  

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

The Cubs pitching is pretty good and they have the better pitching matchup today.   I'd give it 50/50 for either team.  

Congrats on winning the division as just doing that is never easy. Since 2013 the NL Central Division Champs have been: Last 10 seasons =

2013 - Cards

2014 - Cards

2015 - Cards

2016 - Cubs

2017 - Cubs

2018 - Brewers

2019 - Cards

2020 - Cubs (Covid year)

2021 - Brewers

2022 - I am already saying Cards

Cubs won a WS in 2016 so they took advantage of winning the division, maybe the Cards do it this season? In 2011 when the Cards won the WS but they finished 2nd in the Division behind the Brewers lol. Cards won it all as a WildCard! Brewers are just 1 team that nauseates me, it started back in 2016 because their fans make me want to puke. They talked so much smack but their team never delivers in the post-season, 0 Championships since their existence in 1969. Cards have at least won 2 WS in recent history = 2006, 2011, and the Cubs won one in 2016. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am rooting for Pujols to get too 700 HR's, it will be close. He has 693.

It would be nice to see.  He's really a good guy.  I liked when he pitched an inning this season.  

Personally, I don't think it will happen.   They do have 37 games left, but Pujols doesn't play in every game and is often time replaced with a pinch runner.  It could happen.  

I'll be at the September 3rd game against the Cubs.  It would be nice if Wainwright was pitching and Molina and Pujols played.  3 40+ year olds in their last season.  I think at least 2 of the 3 will be in the Hall of Fame with Wainwright having an outside chance.  193 wins, 2,130 strike outs, 2532 innings pitched and an ERA of 3.34 for his career.  

1 minute ago, Myles said:

It would be nice to see.  He's really a good guy.  I liked when he pitched an inning this season.  

Personally, I don't think it will happen.   They do have 37 games left, but Pujols doesn't play in every game and is often time replaced with a pinch runner.  It could happen.  

I'll be at the September 3rd game against the Cubs.  It would be nice if Wainwright was pitching and Molina and Pujols played.  3 40+ year olds in their last season.  I think at least 2 of the 3 will be in the Hall of Fame with Wainwright having an outside chance.  193 wins, 2,130 strike outs, 2532 innings pitched and an ERA of 3.34 for his career.  

Man if all 3 played and Wainwright got the win and Pujols homered that would be a hell of day for you. I think Molina will make the Hall of Fame, Pujols is obvious as IMO he is one of the best players I have ever seen. Wainwright probably doesn't have enough wins to get in but has been very good for a long time. Yeah Pujols at 693 means he would need 7 in 37 games, tough to get. He said he is retiring after the season but that 700 would put him in the class of only Barry Bonds, Babe Ruth, and Hank Aaron = 700 club. + Bonds cheated but still included.

44 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah, no matter what: the Cubs always play the Cards tough. It's like their mini world-series. Makes for good baseball and interesting outcomes. 

I am off today so, I will watch this game. Cubs have been playing better lately and have a stranglehold on 3rd place at least. Cards have usually always been the cream of the crop in the division since their 2011 WS win. We finally got huge respect from their fans and the league by being good-great through 2015-2018 and 2020 and of course it took winning a WS in 2016 to get everyone's attention lol. I would love to see my Cubs take Game 5 against a very good Cards team. At least we don't have much at stake, so it will be easy to watch. Cook me up a couple of HotDogs and drink a couple of strong beers and enjoy. The 2016 Playoff run the Cubs had ruined my stomach, since then I have been trying to be more stress free but the Colts now are my worry. I expect big things from my Colts, I hope they do well. I think they will. 

Overall as a fan, I am pretty content with the 2006 Colts SB win and 2016 Cubs WS win. I wish the Pacers with Reggie would have got a ring, they had some very good teams but never got it. 1998 and 2000 were special teams though. I am all in 2022 = one last time for the Colts. We now have Matt Ryan and a solid good roster, if the Colts can get 1 more SB win here in Indy I will never ask the sports Gods for another thing. I know the Pacers will never win it all GIF by The Simpsons

I feel like Pete Sampras = I won Wimbledon when the Colts won it all in 2006, won the US Open when the Cubs won it all in 2016, but can never complete the trificta by winning the French Open because the Pacers have never given me an NBA Title. Close in 1998 and 2000 but no cigar. Pete never won the French Open which amazes me because I think he is a top 5 Tennis player of all-time. IU basketball team winning it all in 1981 and 1987 was my Australian open wins since I have been watching, that is also a grand slam but not like the 3 I named above The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO) 

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am off today so, I will watch this game. Cubs have been playing better lately and have a stranglehold on 3rd place at least. Cards have usually always been the cream of the crop in the division since their 2011 WS win. We finally got huge respect from their fans and the league by being good-great through 2015-2018 and 2020 and of course it took winning a WS in 2016 to get everyone's attention lol. I would love to see my Cubs take Game 5 against a very good Cards team. At least we don't have much at stake, so it will be easy to watch. Cook me up a couple of HotDogs and drink a couple of strong beers and enjoy.

Have a great day.   It sounds like you will.  I should get home in time to watch the last few innings.  

With a 6 game lead over the Brewers, I am feeling a bit confident that the Cardinals will win the division.  Whew!

Seems Goldscmidt had a great day.  3 for 4 with 2 HR's and 5RBI.  He is having a great year:

BA - .339

HR - 33

RBI - 105

Doubles - 34

58 minutes ago, Myles said:

With a 6 game lead over the Brewers, I am feeling a bit confident that the Cardinals will win the division.  Whew!

Seems Goldscmidt had a great day.  3 for 4 with 2 HR's and 5RBI.  He is having a great year:

BA - .339

HR - 33

RBI - 105

Doubles - 34

On the Cubs network, one of the announcers said Goldscmidt might win NL MVP.  He was unreal yesterday. Cards have the division won IMO.

At this point I feel like anyone but the Dodgers. I don't hate the Dodgers but they bought a team and are so dominant. It would be neat if they got upset in the playoffs. Their only WS Title came in the Covid year. Many question how legit was that? I think it is a legit Championship so I am not a hater but it isn't like playing 160 games and winning it all. I do feel bad in a way for the Dodgers because of 2017 because I believe the Astros cheated, evidence is pretty overwhelming they did cheat.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At this point I feel like anyone but the Dodgers. I don't hate the Dodgers but they bought a team and are so dominant. It would be neat if they got upset in the playoffs. Their only WS Title came in the Covid year. Many question how legit was that? I think it is a legit Championship so I am not a hater but it isn't like playing 160 games and winning it all. I do feel bad in a way for the Dodgers because of 2017 because I believe the Astros cheated, evidence is pretty overwhelming they did cheat.

I'll be rooting against the Dodgers as well.  They are good, no doubt, but I've never been a fan of buying a good team.  They have the highest payroll in the league, they should be the best team.  

Dodgers - $265 million

Mets - $262 million

Yankees - $253 million

Phillies - $243 million

Padres - $219 million

Top 5 teams in payroll are all pretty much locked into the playoffs.  

12 Cardinals - $162 million

14 Cubs - $151 million

19 Brewers - $130 million

21 Reds - $114 million

28 Pirates $66 million

I so wish that MLB would have a salary min and max.  Currently it could be a $100 million minimum and a $200 million cap.  

22 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'll be rooting against the Dodgers as well.  They are good, no doubt, but I've never been a fan of buying a good team.  They have the highest payroll in the league, they should be the best team.  

Dodgers - $265 million

Mets - $262 million

Yankees - $253 million

Phillies - $243 million

Padres - $219 million

Top 5 teams in payroll are all pretty much locked into the playoffs.  

12 Cardinals - $162 million

14 Cubs - $151 million

19 Brewers - $130 million

21 Reds - $114 million

28 Pirates $66 million

I so wish that MLB would have a salary min and max.  Currently it could be a $100 million minimum and a $200 million cap.  

With me I would like to see a WS of Cleveland vs the Padres lmao . I know boring for most and bad for ratings. Having said that I would watch every game hoping it goes 7 because it would be a fun series between 2 teams, one in the Padres who have never won a WS and the other in Cleveland who hasn't won a WS since 1948.

I just watched the highlights on youtube, didn't watch the game due to sleep and working. Cubs only had 2 hits, both 2 run homers by Happ. Brewers had a no hitter with Peralta going and their manager took him out, lmao . Brewers then had bases loaded in the 10th down 4-3 and hit into a game ending double play. Typical Brewers, hell we own them even when we have an off year. Half the fans at their stadium were Cubs fans, that even makes that more comical homer simpson laughing GIF- Yelich's big head.

Cardinals managed to win the last 2 games of the series with the Braves.   taking 2/3 from them was a bit surprising, but very nice to see.  I was hoping the Cubs would take 2/3 from the Brewers, but it didn't happen.

The Cardinals start a 3 games series at the Reds before going home for 3 against the Cubs.   

Central Standings:

Cardinals

Brewers - 6 back

Cubs - 19 back

Reds - 23 back

Pirates - 25.5 back

14 hours ago, Myles said:

Cardinals managed to win the last 2 games of the series with the Braves.   taking 2/3 from them was a bit surprising, but very nice to see.  I was hoping the Cubs would take 2/3 from the Brewers, but it didn't happen.

The Cardinals start a 3 games series at the Reds before going home for 3 against the Cubs.   

Central Standings:

Cardinals

Brewers - 6 back

Cubs - 19 back

Reds - 23 back

Pirates - 25.5 back

Cubs will finish 3rd more than likely in the NL Central, Cards will win the division. Dodgers being 88-38 is comical.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs will finish 3rd more than likely in the NL Central, Cards will win the division. Dodgers being 88-38 is comical.

The division is looking like it is where it will end.  I suppose if the Pirates get hot, they could take 4th place from Cincy.  

Cardinals

Brewers - 6 back

Cubs - 20 back

Reds - 24 back

Pirates - 26.5 back

cardinals took 2/3 from the Reds thanks to a 13 inning win last night.  They get the day off today and start a series with the Cubs on Friday.

I will be at the game on Saturday.  I was thrilled to see that Wainwright will be the starting pitcher.  Getting to see Wainwright, Molina and Pujols play in their last seasons will be cool.   The Cubs will have Smyly on the mound and he is pitching great.  3.24 era for the season and .90 over his last 5 starts.     

The Cardinals/Cubs game was a good one on Saturday.  

Started out rough with Wainwright giving up 3 runs in the first.   He got it together and pitched well after that.  

Bottom of the 3rd, Molina comes to the plate with the bases loaded and 1 out.   I told my daughter that he is the slowest player on the team and if he hits it on the ground, it is a likely double play.  Well, he hit a bases clearing double.  Then Molina stole 3rd base with DeJong batting.   Then he scored on a sac fly a couple minutes later.  The crowd was pretty crazy at that point.   Yadi, Yadi, Yadi.  He was responsible for the 4 runs that the Cardinals won by.    Good weekend.  

I went to bed last night when the Cardinals were losing to the Nats 1-5 in the end of the 8th.   Woke up to find they had won the game 6-5.  Woo Hoo!

Cardinals

Brewers - 9.5 back

Cubs - 23.5 back

Reds - 25.5 back

Pirates - 30.5 back

Reds and Cubs battling for the 3rd spot in the division.  

Judge making a historic run at the most hallowed, prestigious record in all of sports. He's at 55, just 5 away from the Babe in 154 and 7 to go past Maris in 162. 

As a life long Yankee fan this will be exciting to watch. I of course will be nervously rooting for him. But it won't be easy, pitchers will walk and pitch around him more and more. And he'll see fewer pitches to hit and probably start.chasing bad pitches. 

He's undoubtedly the best player in the game and the 2022 MVP but the season HR mark would be Truly Historic!!!

The Brewers beat the Cardinals last night to pull within 7.   They have an outside shot of catching the Cardinals.  They face each other 3 more times.  The Cardinals also play 3 at San Diego and 3 at LA.   

Cardinals

Brewers - 7 back

Cubs - 23 back

Reds - 26.5 back

Pirates - 29 back

Wainwright and Molina will set the record for most starts as a battery in MLB history.  They already have most wins.  

https://fox2now.com/sports/st-louis-cardinals/adam-wainwright-yadier-molina-the-journey-to-mlbs-battery-record/

Archived