Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is your trust level with everyone in the Colts FO?

Yoshinator

What is your trust level with the Colts FO  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Your level of trust with Irsay

2. 2. Your level of trust with Ballard

3. 3. Your level of trust with Reich

This is a little thread and three question poll for fun and discussion to see where everyone's trust level is with the Colts FO as of today is. Vote on Irsay, Ballard, and Reich individually and we'll see where the consencus is on all three of them is on this forum. Also comment below if you have any additional thoughts to share on any of the three of them.

I personally am in the middle on Irsay and Ballard. Irsay is a good owner, but he needs to apply some pressure to Ballard and Reich to be more aggressive with this team IMO. Ballard I will trust on the draft until proven otherwise (or until Dodds and Brown leave and it affects our scouting negatively where we are drafting poorly). However, he needs to be more aggressive in FA and also be willing to draft a QB instead of band-aiding the position. Reich I want fired at this point. He has caused more harm than good to this organization IMO. He has cost us picks with Wentz, he hires his friends to work with him, whether it be players or coaching staff members. He named Wentz a captain when he wasn't voted captain, in clear defiance of the Colts players vote. He has also had some input on the draft, wanting offensive players that haven't worked out (and I believe hurting Ballards track record in the draft at WR). We hit on Pittman, but that's it. That's not even mentioning his horrible playcalling in games which has been discussed enough in these forums.

These are my opinions on the matter, let me know what you think through voting on the poll, and discussion in the thread!

58 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is a little thread and three question poll for fun and discussion to see where everyone's trust level is with the Colts FO as of today is. Vote on Irsay, Ballard, and Reich individually and we'll see where the consencus is on all three of them is on this forum. Also comment below if you have any additional thoughts to share on any of the three of them.

I personally am in the middle on Irsay and Ballard. Irsay is a good owner, but he needs to apply some pressure to Ballard and Reich to be more aggressive with this team IMO. Ballard I will trust on the draft until proven otherwise (or until Dodds and Brown leave and it affects our scouting negatively where we are drafting poorly). However, he needs to be more aggressive in FA and also be willing to draft a QB instead of band-aiding the position. Reich I want fired at this point. He has caused more harm than good to this organization IMO. He has cost us picks with Wentz, he hires his friends to work with him, whether it be players or coaching staff members. He named Wentz a captain when he wasn't voted captain, in clear defiance of the Colts players vote. He has also had some input on the draft, wanting offensive players that haven't worked out (and I believe hurting Ballards track record in the draft at WR). We hit on Pittman, but that's it. That's not even mentioning his horrible playcalling in games which has been discussed enough in these forums.

These are my opinions on the matter, let me know what you think through voting on the poll, and discussion in the thread!

Um.    Nope

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/5772958001

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That is incorrect. Jason Spears has reported that Wentz was named a captain by Reich. Jim Ayello reported that before it was known what Reich did and the Colts FO made it out that Wentz was voted a captain when it wasn't true. Your using that article as misinformation to defend Reich when Ayello was mislead by the Colts FO. and got wrong information so the fanbase wouldn't know what Reich did.

Jason Spears has said numerous times that Wentz was given the captainship. He mentioned it when he said he wasn't a fan of some of the stuff Reich did to talking about Wentz in this podcast. He has proven he has inside sources, and this is from two days ago, and previous talk was from a week ago, so this is updated information from when Jim Ayello falsely reported Wentz was voted a captain because the Colts didn't tell him that Reich named him a captain. He says it talking about Wentz here from 11:00-12:00, and he also said it numerous times that have been posted on this forum if you search it.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That is incorrect. Jason Spears has reported that Wentz was named a captain by Reich. Jim Ayello reported that before it was known what Reich did and the Colts FO made it out that Wentz was voted a captain when it wasn't true. Your using that article as misinformation to defend Reich when Ayello was mislead by the Colts FO. and got wrong information so the fanbase wouldn't know what Reich did.

Jason Spears has said numerous times that Wentz was given the captainship. He mentioned it when he said he wasn't a fan of some of the stuff Reich did to talking about Wentz in this podcast. He has proven he has inside sources, and this is from two days ago, and previous talk was from a week ago, so this is updated information from when Jim Ayello falsely reported Wentz was voted a captain because the Colts didn't tell him that Reich named him a captain. He says it talking about Wentz here from 11:00-12:00, and he also said it numerous times that have been posted on this forum if you search it.

Other than Spears,   who else said that?

I have the highest trust in Ballard just because he keeps emotions out of his decisions and is good at following his plan. 

Middle trust in Irsay because he makes to many attachments to players which leads him to overpaying likeable players. He is also a lot more prone to making emotional decisions. Although he is good about trusting his Front Office Personnel.  

I don't think this poll, as constructed, is particularly useful, since people who have relatively low confidence (a '4') are lumped in with people with relatively high confidence (a '7). All this really tells us is that most people fall under the meaty part of the bell curve, which is exactly what you'd expect.

It's kind of weird to say that but I trust Irsay most of all of them. 

I'd put my trust in Ballard at about 6-7. I like some of his philosophy, but I absolutely think he's on the wrong path with some of the most important things in roster construction.

For Reich... I hesitate a lot on this one... I'd probably go with around 6-7 with him too. 

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'd put my trust in Ballard at about 6-7. I like some of his philosophy, but I absolutely think he's on the wrong path with some of the most important things in roster construction.

For Reich... I hesitate a lot on this one... I'd probably go with around 6-7 with him too. 

We are on the same page...

Trust in Irsay: 7

Too often when I hear him speak it's a slurred rambling version of "Hey, man, we're really pumped to have you."  I think he's becoming a beloved grandfather who is a couple eggs short of a dozen.  Not a popular opinion, I know.

Trust in Ballard:  8

He's decisive and truthful.  Has an engaging rapport with the media, and attracts good front office people.  However, some of his decisions have blown up in his face.  Needs a few more bullseyes to to be worth the money they gave him.

Trust in Reich: 7

He's an upright honorable man, who is a leader and molder of upright honorable men.  Not the greatest game manager, though.  Devin Funchess, Phillip Rivers, and Carson Wentz were his personal choices.  Not necessarily batting a thousand in that department.

Overall, I'm still in their combined corner.  But I'm also not blind, either.  They still have things to prove.

16 hours ago, stitches said:

Same, but a bit lower on Reich.

20 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Before last season, you announced that you no longer were a Colts fan and you could care less about the team. You said you were going to focus on fantasy football.......now you're conducting Colts management popularity polls????????

I trust Irsay the most...7. He genuinely wants to bring another Lombardi to Indy and has a heart for  fan base. He lets Ballard do his thing for the most part...for better and worse.  He has no problem putting his money where his mouth is but restrains from doing so for the most part because Ballard is a scrupulous shopper.  

My trust of Ballard has fallen to a 6.  He hits big on a few players in the draft but also can't seem to hit on pass rushers or receivers which is what holds this team back. He is too stubborn on his stance on free agency and in his over prioritization of the trenches.  Too much money invested in O-line.  Not enough in actual weapons and pass rushers.  Plus he almost hired Josh McDaniels...thank God he was left at the alter on that one.

My trust of Reich is lowest of all at a 5.  He is a mediocre head coach.  Needs to give up play calling.  Has little feel for game tempo and momentum building.  Gets too cute for his own good at times.  Will make a senseless gamble at some point to hurt his team.  

18 hours ago, rayski said:

“Needs to be more aggressive in fa” 

still not sure who we actually missed out on that was definitely worth the price tag  and seemed sensible ( don’t tell me hendrickson)

Ngakoue and Hassan Reddick signed for reasonable amounts and would have significantly improved the Colts pass rush.  Both had productive seasons for their respective teams. Instead...Ballard put all his eggs in the home grown youth movement basket and ended up with egg on his face. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2022 at 4:17 AM, Coltsman1788 said:

Ngakoue and Hassan Reddick signed for reasonable amounts and would have significantly improved the Colts pass rush.  Both had productive seasons for their respective teams. Instead...Ballard put all his eggs in the home grown youth movement basket and ended up with egg on his face. 

I’d disagree but see your point. 

Archived