Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 more on the covid list/ Wentz and others will play if their symptoms are improving

bleed blue4life

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I won't pretend to know how all this works.   I don't even know when Wentz's 5 days would start.   Would Today count as day 1 making Saturday day 5?   So Wentz could potentially be OK to start on Sunday?

I know as much/little as you do, but that would be my assumption, yep.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Players just have to have symptoms gone. Cdc said symptoms must be going away not even completly gone.

Yes, but most people aren't getting tested until the symptoms show up.  In the NFL, Wentz was probably tested before he saw any symptoms, so it's likely a different timeline.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Which is why they need to shut this week down. Omicron is too contagious, at this point nearly everyone is going to get it. Just found out today I am positive and so is my entire family extended included. It’s not going to spare anyone.

Hope you and your family are doing well. I'm reading Omicron is more contagious but less dangerous, but still... 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Runny nose, sore throat. No fever at least…

My daughter has been crying a lot today complaining of feeling weird…

@Wentzszn glad you find my family’s misfortune funny. I see what kind of person you really are.

Hopefully it passes quickly.  

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Phillip is not coming here with  6 days before a game and beating an NFL team

I want to say first of all I agree with you I don’t think Rivers is coming at all but for sake of argument say he did.  I think he would be used in a package situation and not a whole game.  Anyone remember a few years ago when going into the last week of the season the Colts had lost Luck, Hasselbeck, and clip board Jesus all to injury and had their ps QB picked up?  They brought in two QBs and had different packages for both and played both.  If the Colts brought in Rivers I think you would see something similar with Rivers and Sam.  Still judging by how the Brady was talking today when he had to know Wentz was going on the Covid list they have faith in Sam.  If Wentz can’t go I expect they will go with Sam MAYBE Hundley.

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

@Wentzszn glad you find my family’s misfortune funny. I see what kind of person you really are.

I hope you all feel better soon!

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Need a heavy dose of JT against the Raiders. 

That’s the problem though. It’s easier for us to win without Taylor than it is to win without Wentz. Without Taylor we have a lot of guys who can step up and help fill that void. Who fills the void left by Wentz? Not Ehlinger or Hundley. Certainly not Rivers on 4 days of practice in the last 9 or so months. 

Defenses will zero in on shutting Taylor down first and foremost as long as Wentz is out. So we need Pittman, Hilton, Pascal, Dulin, the TEs to step up and make some plays. This would be a great time to remind everyone that Hines isn’t just some decoy you only get 3 touches a game to. 

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I hope you and yours get through this well and soon

32 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t.  That’s why I was saying it’s unknown right now and until the changes are announced I am going off the current rules.  I am just referring to people Mort who keep saying change is coming very soon.  With that said, as I said yesterday, since they have to agree to a language change with the NFLPA that means lawyers to make sure the new language is in their sides best interest and that doesn’t just happen at the drop of a hat.  

Then again, maybe they will. It's seeming like that's the push right now.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

As long as they have Taylor and they get some line and defensive guys back I’d still feel pretty good vs the Raiders.

Let’s also remember that the raiders D is nearly decimated with this Covid stuff as well. The entire starting LB Corp,  most of their DBs. And they just lost their stud safety to a season ending injury. 

Just now, Superman said:

Then again, maybe they will. It's seeming like that's the push right now.

Well I think both sides wants the same thing here.  That helps in a huge way.  I would have been shocked if it happened yesterday but happening today or early tomorrow is very possible if both sides agree on the core point.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Let’s also remember that the raiders D is nearly decimated with this Covid stuff as well. The entire starting LB Corp,  most of their DBs. And they just lost their stud safety to a season ending injury. 

And the Colts ran wild on them last year.  Remember Frank running the two minute drill at the end of the half with running plays?  That was crazy.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

What scenario has to happen for the NFL to push the game back a day or two?

I don’t know but we aren’t far off from the same situation as far as combined number of players on the list that  the browns had and got their game moved. 

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Ok.  I agree.    The NFL can't mandate something that needs to be collectively bargained.

I'm not sure vaccine mandates are covered in the CBA. Could be, but that seems questionable. 

In practice, though, even if it's NOT covered in the CBA, if the NFL tried to mandate a vaccine, the NFLPA would fight it through every legal means possible. Which is reasonable. Vaccine mandates are on tricky legal ground, even though there's plenty of legal precedent for them.

Ultiimately, a mandate would be a really bad look for the NFL, so they won't go near it.

Just now, Superman said:

I'm not sure vaccine mandates are covered in the CBA. Could be, but that seems questionable. 

In practice, though, even if it's NOT covered in the CBA, if the NFL tried to mandate a vaccine, the NFLPA would fight it through every legal means possible. Which is reasonable. Vaccine mandates are on tricky legal ground, even though there's plenty of legal precedent for them.

Ultiimately, a mandate would be a really bad look for the NFL, so they won't go near it.

I am actually in a union and my company had to bargain with us over our Covid policy.

2 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Dont read the Titans fans replies. Lol Colts live in their head rent free.

Kinda like the Pats do with Colts fans.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What scenario has to happen for the NFL to push the game back a day or two?

The stated protocol is they'll move a game for health and safety reasons, not for competitive reasons. Especially not to help a team with a breakout among a bunch of unvaccinated players.

I felt that they should have delayed the season for a week after Thanksgiving. Then the last two weeks have been brutal, and it seems like they should delay the season for a couple weeks now. Same for the other pro sports.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well the Saints had 20 some players on the Covid list last night and their game didn’t get moved but others did so I don’t know if there is a set guideline.

My guess or rather theory is it comes down to are all of them close contacts or actually positive with symptoms, only thing that makes sense 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am actually in a union and my company had to bargain with us over our Covid policy.

I'm in a union as well.   Unfortunately the company I work for is considered a federal contractor.    The government mandate forced us to be vaccinated.    I know it's on hold now.  But our union can't do much if the government forces our employer to have a 100% vaccinated work force

Archived