Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Want to post something positive

Restinpeacesweetchloe

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

A well made play over the top of Pittman close 

Assuming the best on that play, which I’m not sure would have resulted in a completion had it not been intercepted, but for arguments sake let’s assume he scored on it and the PAT was good.

31+7= 40-45 that’s what you’re saying? Interesting math

9 hours ago, JediXMan said:

I was watching a bit of Carson Wentz IG live with AO1 foundation. It was nothing but Eagles fans missing and begging Wentz to come back. Funny how they went from trashing him all season to praising him now. I guess most are starting to realize 1) He wasn’t close to being that bad of a player. 2) Hurts isn’t the guy they thought he would be. It was funny and kinda sad lol.

Yeah, Jalen Hurts is getting exposed. He's not a very good passing QB at all. The best thing I can say about him is he's a poor man's Lamar Jackson. We are definitely getting the better end of that deal. With 3 first round picks, I think they draft a QB next year honestly.

14 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Whose looks will he take ? If Pascal I'm all for it more 2 TE sets, if Doyle could be a push as Jack is looking very good right now.  If Pittman not sure I like it.  I would like to see Patmon take Pascal's throws, I think he can be something if given the shot but we dont know exactly what we have just yet and its deep in season 2. We know he and Carson spent a lot of off season working out together.

If it means less runs and more passes overall again not sure I like it.

Peyton, during the Marcus Pollard / Trent Dilger days, used a lot of 2 TE formations (ACE) because the OL movement started off the same way and it gave them an advantage, whether it was a run or pass play. I am all for 2 TE formations since you can also go max. protect with it if you need or based on defensive alignment, split out the TE as a flanker. The only time we would not do it is for 3 WR formations (POSSE) which includes or excludes Hines, who should be used like a slot wideout, IMO.

Typically, if teams are against the clock, they go POSSE but if they have the luxury of time or are going against a stout D-line or need extra chipping from TEs, they go ACE. I would like the Colts to go more ACE, given their strength running the ball and given that our WRs, beyond MPJ and TY aren't that capable consistently. 

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, Jalen Hurts is getting exposed. He's not a very good passing QB at all. The best thing I can say about him is he's a poor man's Lamar Jackson. We are definitely getting the better end of that deal. With 3 first round picks, I think they draft a QB next year honestly.

It is not a great QB class, I feel they will go all in for DeShaun Watson with clauses in there for his legal issue repercussions. It will make them a division contender instantly.

Just now, chad72 said:

It is not a great QB class, I feel they will go all in for DeShaun Watson with clauses in there for his legal issue repercussions. It will make them a division contender instantly.

Maybe, it'll depend on if he gets cleared of his charges, and of course, the price if it happens. Could cost the Eagles three first round picks.

A lot of people are saying it's not a great QB class. However, they also said that about the 2017 class and we got Watson and Mahomes from it. I think the class will ultimately end up being better than everyone thinks, with a QB or two becoming a franchise QB.

Great thread

I'm optimistic for the future

I have followed the Colts for 50 plus years

There were years where we had 5-6 true "holes" on BOTH sides of the ball

If HALF of your team is a "hole" you just cant compete for a SB. You EXPECT to win 2-3 games in those years

We drafted poorly year after year in some time eras

We go into next year, and barring injuries, we are truly only 2-3 players away from beating anyone

I think we can cover these spots with 1-2 FA (2nd tier PR, 2nd tier separation WR) and the draft (FS, CB)

We ARENT that far from having a team that can beat anyone 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

This makes the most sense actually

1 hour ago, Btown_Colt said:

Assuming the best on that play, which I’m not sure would have resulted in a completion had it not been intercepted, but for arguments sake let’s assume he scored on it and the PAT was good.

31+7= 40-45 that’s what you’re saying? Interesting math

Ssshhh pesky math facts

We have a good team in reality. Good QB, great RB in Taylor, very good O.Line, 1 good WR in Pittman, our TE play is above average with Mo and Doyle. Our D has 2 standout players in Defo and Leonard. I think Paye will be good in year 2, he has already showed signs of being good. Eventhough some don't like Frank, he isn't very good or great but he is good, JMO. We are are basically 3 players away from being SB contender = a shutdown CB, a pass rusher that is consistently good, and a speedy WR #2 to go along with Pitt. We are not that far off folks. We are in every game and could be 9-3 if some breaks went our way.

I still think we squeak into the playoffs this year at 10-7. We need to go 4-1 to finish the season. Once you get in anything can happen, we had Buffalo on the ropes last season in the playoffs.

There’s no doubt we can get better with a CB, WR, DE (or Paye and Dayo having another year under their belts).

But we just went toe to toe with the champs and could have won the game, sans the turnovers and penalties. 
     I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that the Colts can win it all THIS year, if they stay healthy and play their best football, going forward.

All of the griping about Reich is unwarranted. He’s doing a good job and is getting better. I’m believing that this team will get hot at just the right time. They can make some noise in the playoffs. Willis and Campbell coming back will help. Looking forward to seeing this year play out.

There is a good chance that Irsay and Ballard agree that Flus deserves

the opportunity to improve another teams defense.

We add a surprising FA Safety and CB.

And it will prove to be a very solid year of development for a number of players that have gotten considerable playing time, and even for a few that had to do it off the field. 

We win 12 - 13 games in 2022.

Archived