Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Want to post something positive

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Please if you have nothing nice to say just stay out. 

This season I have actually handled losses very well. In the past it would take me a week until the next game to get over it. I have let things go pretty well emotionally right away after a loss. Now on to the reason I think I have been like this.

Does anyone else feel at ease with this team now that we have a QB for a few years. I feel like the future is so bright now. In the past since luck retired it’s been very murky and not much to look forward too. The QB was a huge missing piece. Now that’s out of the way with Wentz playing well I actually feel really good about this team and the future. We got a lot of answers this season. 

People can either keep griping after a loss or turn their attention the the future and offseason. I am so excited to see how Ballard upgrades in the offseason. 

It’s funny you brought this up and your feeling about Wentz.  I talk every week on the phone with a good friend and longtime Colts fan about Sunday’s game.  He said the same thing about Wentz.  He feels we have finally found our QB and the trade was well worth the picks we gave up.  He feels we are very close now and is hoping Ballard makes a significant move or two this off-season.  He and I along with yourself are all on the same page with the QB and a bright future ahead.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It’s funny you brought this up and your feeling about Wentz.  I talk every week on the phone with a good friend and longtime Colts fan about Sunday’s game.  He said the same thing about Wentz.  He feels we have finally found our QB and the trade was well worth the picks we gave up.  He feels we are very close now and is hoping Ballard makes a significant move or two this off-season.  He and I along with yourself are all on the same page with the QB and a bright future ahead.

The really nice thing is next season we won’t have a new QB with no TC under their belt who gets injured. . We can hit the ground running. We should not have a slow start unless a bunch of odd things happen. It’s the colts so let’s hope not. Lol

We have the best player at a few positions not sure many other clubs can say that. Taylor is the best rb hands down, Henry does not have the explosive plays time after time, their yards per carry arent even close. Q is the best Guard when healthy, he has not been healthy this year for a single game. Leonard is the best Linebacker, his forced fumbles this year despite being hobbled is amazing and its the technique he uses. So we have 3 who are the best, we also have Defo who is top 3 his stats suffer because always double teamed but is top 3. Now we also have holes but easier to fix those then have players pop into #1 spot at position.  I'd be surprised if we were not playoff bound next several seasons and a run at Super Bowl can happen at anytime with top end talent.

Despite the ups and downs there’s been some positive developments. Isaiah Rodgers is getting better as the year goes on. Had a great game and even almost tied it with his KR at the end. Paye now has 3 sacks in 3 games. Seems like he’s finally over those nagging hamstring injuries. Granson is getting more snaps and getting more comfortable with Wentz. Rock is having a solid year and that PI was nonsense.

I could name the obvious players but the players I mentioned are contributing more then I thought they would aside from Paye.

Good topic, we need a breather from the persistently different ways to bash Frank at every opportunity that has actually made the forum boring.

Whether we win all remaining games or lose them all, there has been great progress made this season.  Last year, we knew Rivers was short term, AC, and TY.  We knew JT and Pitt were decent.  Then had questions about Wentz.

I think its safe to say that Wentz, JT, and Pitt have all surpassed our expectations of what we thought they were going to be this year.  And there is no reason to think that they cant get a better as they settle in more.

It may be a biased eye, but it seems to me that the offense recovers from negative plays a lot better than I can remember.

And it doesn't have as many three and outs....even fewer than in the Luck years. 

Since this is a positive thread, I won't talk about the defense, other than to say that Paye and Dayo seem to be the young players possibly on the same level as JT and Pitt were their rookie years.

Edit: someone mentioned Isiah Rodgers.  He belongs.

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

I could see being above average the next few years, 10-15 range in the league

a playoff run will probably require some moves, time will tell if we have the picks or money to pull it off

That’s my fear, they’ll be like the Pacers stuck in limbo for the 4-5 years lol.  NBA is a completely different animal though. All about overloading elite Superstars.

Not since the Manning and Luck days have I felt like we have had an offense that can go toe-to-toe with the best even if we have fallen short at times. Looking at the overall picture, the future is definitely bright on the offensive side. NFL teams don't stagnate, they constantly evolve and hopefully we can evolve with a few key pieces on offense and defense that will keep us knocking on the SB contender door. Right now, we are a division contender at best based on the talent level. 

The Wentz trade, not many franchise QBs (till Mac Jones came around) have been obtained around the mid-teens, which would be the worst of where we could possibly pick, IMO. Heck of a trade overall for the Colts for stability for a decade, hopefully. Keep him protected and he will last, Wentz that is.

Actually a good thread.

I feel better about this offense than I did with Luck.  Luck was amazing but I never really felt comfortable.  Wentz I feel comfortable with when he isn't panicking and playing "hero ball," and having JT/Pittman (and even TY while healthy) means we can stay in any game from an offense standpoint.

I think we're a few pieces on defense, and another year of experience for our young pass rushers, away from making a playoff run.  IF we can get another good CB and healthy safeties (or an upgrade) I feel we'll be in a much better place.  Not having the 1st round pick will suck but Wentz at this point is worth it, there's only a handful of QB's I'd rather have right now, and they'd go for way more draft capital than Wentz did.

Some people have already mentioned it, but I think the best surprise player this year has to be Isaiah Rodgers. I thought he was drafted to be a special teams guy and always low on the depth chart but he has really improved his game this year and could end up being a good starter for us next year.

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Some people have already mentioned it, but I think the best surprise player this year has to be Isaiah Rodgers. I thought he was drafted to be a special teams guy and always low on the depth chart but he has really improved his game this year and could end up being a good starter for us next year.

You acquire players for their potential. Actual performance is gained through discovery.

I agree Wentszn, I do genuinely feel we've improved a huge amount this season, and were really only a couple of pieces away from being a SB contender imo. Hell, if we made the playoffs this season, I think we can win games.

What been really cool to see is seeing so many players raise their game to a new level, Taylor, MJP, Rock, Rodgers, Paye, etc. along with Wentz playing well. Those are our foundational pieces for the future.

Here’s the thing. While we have had heart breaking loss after heartbreaking loss, So far we haven’t gotten “blown out”. Matter of fact, against the toughest schedule in the league, we’ve only had one double digit loss and that was week one.

we have the talent to beat and go toe to toe with anyone in this league. We just have to find the coaching to get us thru all 4 quarters and even OT. I think Frank tries to get too cute and abandons/switches game plans in a bad way far too often. That said, I still think he will learn from this year. 

An Eagles fan I know has always supported Wentz, and thinks that Indy is the right environment for him to succeed. The fan never believed criticisms of Wentz's leadership. I liked the Wentz trade from the start, and he's working well with the other players.

There are times I get frustrated with the team, but overall, I believe in the Colts and how supportive they are of the organization. 

9 hours ago, csmopar said:

Here’s the thing. While we have had heart breaking loss after heartbreaking loss, So far we haven’t gotten “blown out”. Matter of fact, against the toughest schedule in the league, we’ve only had one double digit loss and that was week one.

we have the talent to beat and go toe to toe with anyone in this league. We just have to find the coaching to get us thru all 4 quarters and even OT. I think Frank tries to get too cute and abandons/switches game plans in a bad way far too often. That said, I still think he will learn from this year. 

Our SoS so far is 22nd.

Our Remaining SoS is 23rd

Agreed - the hardest part for me is watching games and believing they can win and then they don't.  I get over it pretty quickly. But the fact that they are in the games, competing for a win, is great.  I do think this team is getting better and I do think we might be just a few pieces away from being really scary.  

A little off topic but:

I know there will be more "let's get this guy in FA" threads coming up.  If someone has some time to kill I would like to see who the top 5 FAs each year for the last 5 years that moved to a new team.  What was that team's previous record and what was it with the new FA?  I do feel like we need to pick up some talent in FA.  Not sure if we need or if Ballard will be spending for top 5 FAs but I would like to see what the overall impact of high FAs has been.

I think we keep Fisher.  Maybe we draft someone to replace him in the future?  No idea.  We need a WR to produce right away.  The d-line might be about there.  Give our edge guys a little more time to grow. Not sure what we would do to improve that if they are all improving as a unit.  We probably need a CB that can produce right away.  

If we got a solid (not top 5 type guys) CB and WR in FA and supplement with the draft are we good enough to be contenders?

24 minutes ago, Stephen said:

He got a case of the drops versus Titans and has been invisible ever since

Per most sites, he's only got one drop on the year, and that was vs Houston. One service has him with two.... 

Even early in the year, he was getting only like 2 targets a game. 

He's been underutilized going back to last year. He'll have a game with several targets, then go back to not being used.

I remember last year when he a monster game vs MN with like 5 catches. Then he had only like 6 targets total the next 3 games.

50 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

on positive...

about time... 

Whose looks will he take ? If Pascal I'm all for it more 2 TE sets, if Doyle could be a push as Jack is looking very good right now.  If Pittman not sure I like it.  I would like to see Patmon take Pascal's throws, I think he can be something if given the shot but we dont know exactly what we have just yet and its deep in season 2. We know he and Carson spent a lot of off season working out together.

If it means less runs and more passes overall again not sure I like it.

5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Whose looks will he take ? If Pascal I'm all for it more 2 TE sets, if Doyle could be a push as Jack is looking very good right now.  If Pittman not sure I like it.  I would like to see Patmon take Pascal's throws, I think he can be something if given the shot but we dont know exactly what we have just yet and its deep in season 2. We know he and Carson spent a lot of off season working out together.

Brady also said Dulin will be getting more snaps. I expect pascals snaps to go down.

9 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Hell, when we throw it 35+ times, there's plenty of targets to go around for everyone lol... 

But I agree, he can have some of Pascal's targets.

Overall though, Mo is great intermediate and in the seam. Jack on the short and perimeter stuff. You can use both TEs. I want to see Mo get more sail routes which he nails almost every time.

Also, Hines has not been near as productive in the passing game. 

I do hope we continue to see Dulin get one or two go routes per game. It's a good route for him. Better than the possession type stuff he's mostly got.

45 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Per most sites, he's only got one drop on the year, and that was vs Houston. One service has him with two.... 

Even early in the year, he was getting only like 2 targets a game. 

He's been underutilized going back to last year. He'll have a game with several targets, then go back to not being used.

I remember last year when he a monster game vs MN with like 5 catches. Then he had only like 6 targets total the next 3 games.

Yeah, I was surprised to see they only gave him 1 drop, because he had multiple bounce off both his hands and it wasn't like he had to be super acrobatic to have a chance at the ball.

6 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah, I was surprised to see they only gave him 1 drop, because he had multiple bounce off both his hands and it wasn't like he had to be super acrobatic to have a chance at the ball.

I recall drops. I recall the one in the Houston game. I recall a very iffy one vs TN. I don't recall multiple drops any games.

I do know Doyle and Pascal have the biggest drop %, and both JT and Hines have not been near as sure handed as they were last year. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I recall drops. I recall the one in the Houston game. I recall a very iffy one vs TN. I don't recall multiple drops any games.

I do know Doyle and Pascal have the biggest drop %, and both JT and Hines have not been near as sure handed as they were last year. 

I believe it was the TN game because that was when I asked you where to look up drops. Feels like forever ago, but it was driving me crazy all game because it wasn't just MAC Doyle and Pascal were dropping them to which led to that forced pass to Pittman ugh

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I believe it was the TN game because that was when I asked you where to look up drops. Feels like forever ago, but it was driving me crazy all game because it wasn't just MAC Doyle and Pascal were dropping them to which led to that forced pass to Pittman ugh

I rewatched both TN games. Like I said, I only saw one. And even that was iffy. 

Regardless, even if he had 2, that's not an issue, or a high %. The other guys would still have a higher %.

We all want to win but only one team can win it all. We'd love to compete like  we did in the Manning days (remember how many fans smirked at that team because they were not winning multiple SBs?). 

The thing is, we watch this team and sport for relief and fun and escaping the bullturd of the world, and many times in past years i'd stress over every loss, even in the 14-2/12-4 seasons (then it was squabbling over whether a loss would mean losing home advantage and therefore having to go to Foxboro....fans still b!4ched about those losses as fierily. Or a loss meant no chance at the 72 Phins. Remember fans throwing the bus at Polian for sitting his stars? Ahhh the good times. The point is those losses stung too and fans got irrational even then too.

This season is the first in a long time when the losses have been okay. I'm excited seeing a team bursting with potential. Cant wait to see how Ballard upgrades. I'm excited about the coach. The guy whose team might be 6-6 but has stomped every single defense he has faced this year.

So thanks for the thread @Wentzszn, i agree 100% with you.

Smashing the Bills then going toe to toe with the defending SB champs is nothing short of amazing!  Although I’ve shared my concerns with some of the play calling, our offense has really turned it around since the first three games of the year.  I’m definitely looking for to the rest of the year no matter what the outcome is, as this offense is fun to watch.  Also, watching Rodgers come along, as previously stated, is fun, along with the improvement of Paye.  The better he gets, the more sacks Defo will get.  And of course, the play making ability of Leonard is always amazing!

25 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Smashing the Bills then going toe to toe with the defending SB champs is nothing short of amazing!  Although I’ve shared my concerns with some of the play calling, our offense has really turned it around since the first three games of the year.  I’m definitely looking for to the rest of the year no matter what the outcome is, as this offense is fun to watch.  Also, watching Rodgers come along, as previously stated, is fun, along with the improvement of Paye.  The better he gets, the more sacks Defo will get.  And of course, the play making ability of Leonard is always amazing!

Think about how close they were to scoring 40 or 45 against Tampa too. 

I was watching a bit of Carson Wentz IG live with AO1 foundation. It was nothing but Eagles fans missing and begging Wentz to come back. Funny how they went from trashing him all season to praising him now. I guess most are starting to realize 1) He wasn’t close to being that bad of a player. 2) Hurts isn’t the guy they thought he would be. It was funny and kinda sad lol.

Archived