Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ehlinger heading to IR?

CR91

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He needs a year of study, so not the worst thing. He'll bounce back.

Still hate to see anyone get hurt and knocked out for the season.

Hope it's not as serious as thought, and if it is, hope he comes back quick.

While I don't think he has a high ceiling, I love a lot of things about the kid.

18 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yikes.  Tevi got carted off too but I know that ones isn’t as important.  I wonder if the Colts still keep three QBs if they have to IR Sam.

I would say no. Hundly didn’t look bad and has nfl experience. I say just keep him on the PS. If they are satisfied with eason being the backup Hundly will work on the PS.

14 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

More than likely 

The only way they keep 3 now on the active roster is if there is a upgrade to Eason as backup. At least that is what it feels like. Not sure there would be anyone out there worth putting on the 53 unless it’s someone else to backup Wentz. They will keep someone on the PS though. 

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

The way he was running around That was almost inevitable. He will bounce back though.

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Mike Chappell has video up where he got injured. He walked off limping but doesn’t scream to me that it’s serious. We will see.

The weird thing was he wasn't like scrambling much but got crunched. 

I remember when Reggie tore his ACL and walked off, I didnt think he was hurt badly, but after that,I now knkw it doesn't matter how they walk off

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Ehlinger going to the pup list likely.

Does he have to be on the 53 before they can put him on regular season pup.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t believe he can be placed on PUP because he’s played in the pre-season and practiced.  I say there is a better chance he gets IRed with designation to return.

Bur then he takes a roster spot and we would have to release someone else and resign them. Taking a chance they will get claimed.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Does he have to be on the 53 before they can put him on regular season pup.

Bur then he takes a roster spot and we would have to release someone else and resign them. Taking a chance they will get claimed.

Putting him on IR would free up the roster spot until he returns.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I think yes

Looked up they can’t put him on PUP

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/8/20/20730201/pup-ir-and-nfi-exploring-the-different-designations

11 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He has to be on the 53 first then IR. Which means you have to release someone else and take a chance they won’t be claimed so you can resign them to take his place.

You get around that by releasing the 53rd guy on the team and brining him back once he clears waivers and you move him to IR to return or they might just IR him and end his season to stash him.  

Archived