Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers choosing between Lance and Jones

Who do you think the Niners *WILL* pick at #3?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think the Niners *WILL* pick at #3?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2021 at 07:00 PM

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Now Rodgers is upset with the Packers and doesn't want to come back... Does that mean he wanted to be traded and is mad the Packers turned down the Niners' offer? Could that offer be back on the table?

This is insanity.

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Apparently Rodgers has told the packers he wants out . Adam Schefter reported it so it has some truth to it.

It's been speculated ever since the loss to the Bucs in the playoffs-

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/01/coaches-execs-believe-aaron-rodgers-wants-out-of-green-bay

I think that Jordan Love thing widened the divide between Rodgers and LaFleur. Rodgers only leverage to force a trade is retirement, though.

OTOH, maybe the Pats not trading for J. Love like a picture suggested ticked Aaron off even more...  {wink wink} :sip:

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I was just thinking, what would they do with #3? I think they'd trade out and get a bunch of picks for it.

Depends on how much they believe in Jordan Love I guess and how much they like the QBs of this draft... although... it's kind of insane to all of a sudden be in position to draft one of the top 3 and I bet they haven't done nearly enough work on them to be sure in their choice.

Just now, stitches said:

Depends on how much they believe in Jordan Love I guess and how much they like the QBs of this draft... although... it's kind of insane to all of a sudden be in position to draft one of the top 3 and I bet they haven't done nearly enough work on them to be sure in their choice.

I don't think this is coming out of nowhere. I also don't know when that reported conversation with the Niners might have taken place. If it was a couple weeks ago, the Packers have had plenty of time to do their work on the top QBs. And they've known for a long time that Rodgers isn't gruntled. 

We'll see. Odds are nothing happens. But still, this is pretty crazy.

4 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

One report said that the 49ers were inquiring about Rodgers, that there was no formal offer. I'm not sure what to think about this. Maybe there will be a surprise tonight, as the 49ers are being secretive about everything. 

IMO what happened is - Rodgers told them he wants out and let them find a good trade partner trying to save his legacy with the team(not to be known as a malcontent who forced his way out). Then 49ers made the call, Packers refused the offer and didn't tell Rodgers... now Rodgers learns there was a real possibility for him to go play in San Francisco and is * off and going public with his trade request in order to try to force their hands knowing there is a realistic trade partner for him that he likes.

3 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

One report said that the 49ers were inquiring about Rodgers, that there was no formal offer. I'm not sure what to think about this. Maybe there will be a surprise tonight, as the 49ers are being secretive about everything. 

But then there's this:

1 minute ago, Superman said:

But then there's this:

I can certainly understand why they wouldn’t want to trade Rodgers — even at his age, even with Love there, and even for Jimmy G etal and #3.

But they could really end up snookering themselves here if their relationship with AR is so bad that he’d just as soon become a game show host as go back under center in Green Bay.

If nothing else, this certainly ratchets up the drama of tonight!

2 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I don’t understand that tweet.

He wanted an extension, they offered an extension....”No Deal” as in, he turned the extension down?

From Reddit:

Girl -- I want to break up.

Me -- Will you marry me?

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Apparently Rodgers has told the packers he wants out . Adam Schefter reported it so it has some truth to it.

Ya know, I often wondered about a guy who changes facial hair styles every month  (beard, half beard, no, a beard again, how about just a mustache for a while, and then there was the mutton chops for a brief time) and stays single for a long time.  The timing of this looks like he's deliberately trying to be a pain in the boot.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Btw, if I were the Packers I wouldn't trade Rodgers to the Niners. Same conference, a long time rival legacy team, SB ready... Basically, anywhere but the Niners.

Agreed.  You move him to the Raiders where he'll waste away slowly while they fumble around trying to put a team around him.  Gruden should also be good for a windfall of picks.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Successfully executed smoke screen. For a month.

What a wild wild month. So... now back to our previous discussion... is this eggs on the Schefters of the world's face? Or will they sell it as a last minute change of heart? 

Me on SF pick?

"What happens? My hypothetical scenario is BB and Patriots offer up a #3, the 49er's counter to get a 2. Pats accept, get Jimmy G. back to the Patriots for their second round pick to run the Weis/McDaniels offense he has already learned. San Fran takes either Fields, or Jones at slot #3."

I was wrong here. No question.

"If it's not Jones, I see the Pats furiously trying to reel him (Jones) in somehow. If it is Jones, I see the Pats making a play at Jimmy G."

Well, it didn't appear to have to be furiously, as he (Jones) fell right into their lap. BB and JMcD couldn't be more happy, me thinks.  Oh well, NE getting the train back on the tracks.

I will claim the W here. Just watched Shannahan's press-conference. He pretty much confirmed everything I assumed - he said there was no truth at all to the reports that they traded up for Mac Jones initially and Lance made a last minute push. Said process started in January and they were very high on Lance from the beginning He said nobody knew anything(friends, coaches) and everybody was just guessing(said it was just him and Lynch who knew). He said it was amusing to him watching the media present opinions and guesses as facts. Said they didn't correct them because they thought they can use those misconceptions to their advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIiZD4tG3Bc

Also interesting tidbit - they confirmed they made a call for Rodgers' availability because they heard he might be available, but that was quickly squashed and their interest was turned down immediately.

14 hours ago, stitches said:

What a wild wild month. So... now back to our previous discussion... is this eggs on the Schefters of the world's face? Or will they sell it as a last minute change of heart? 

"It's gonna be Mac Jones." 

I don't think you can walk away from that one. It's egg for sure. There was always the possibility that reporting was wrong, but I don't remember Schefter making such a definitive statement without it being really solid. Maybe he just got too comfortable on this one.

Archived