Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Reuter goes 7 rounds on his last mock....


Recommended Posts

 

Thought I'd post his latest and last mock.    His mocks always seem to get a lot of reaction one way or the other.

 

For the record,  I'm not a big fan of this one for reasons that I think you'll see.    Reuter is the analyst who think we'll trade down with Green Bay and only get the Packers two LATE 4th round picks.    I don't see Ballard doing that deal...    it's roughly 65 cents on the dollar.    Way too big a gap.

 

https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft-round-1-broncos-bears-trade-up-for-qbs

 

Here are the Colts picks:

 

1/29    Eichenberg       LT    Notre Dame

2/54    Bolton              LB    Missouri

 

4/127  Rochelle           CB   Central Ark

4/135  Roche              DE    Miami

4/142  Harris               TE    UCF     (Note:  some teams have him at WR, but at 6'5" and 220, other teams see a move-TE)

5/165  Darby               WR   ASU

6/206  Tonga               DT    BYU

7/248  Phillips             CB   Ball St.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

LB second round? Yeah I can’t see it.

 

Me neither....

 

And, I confess,  there are a number of 2nd round LBers that I like and think would be good players for the Colts,  except, I think we're looking to play less and less 3 linebacker sets...   more 4-2-5 or 4-1-6....    so, if there are going to be fewer snaps available,  do we really want to use a premium pick on that spot?     

 

Honestly, I hope EJ Speed gets the first look at the SAM.   And then maybe Adams.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Me neither....

 

And, I confess,  there are a number of 2nd round LBers that I like and think would be good players for the Colts,  except, I think we're looking to play less and less 3 linebacker sets...   more 4-2-5 or 4-1-6....    so, if there are going to be fewer snaps available,  do we really want to use a premium pick on that spot?     

 

Honestly, I hope EJ Speed gets the first look at the SAM.   And then maybe Adams.

 

How does a 4-1-6 truly work? Is that like a Dime package with 4 corners and 2 safeties or could it be 3 and 3? If it were 3 and 3, then my goodness we could get JOK and it be ridiculous

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

 

How does a 4-1-6 truly work? Is that like a Dime package with 4 corners and 2 safeties or could it be 3 and 3? If it were 3 and 3, then my goodness we could get JOK and it be ridiculous

 

I think it works either way, with 4 corners and 2 safeties, or 3 corners and 3 safeties.    I think more teams are doing 3 and 3.

 

And when we're in that scheme,  the one LB on the field is Leonard.   He's right in the middle.    

 

But yes,  if JOK fell to us,  I think Ballard might very well pluck him.    I think he might be too good,  too scheme versatile, that we'd take him despite our other pressing needs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I think it works either way, with 4 corners and 2 safeties, or 3 corners and 3 safeties.    I think more teams are doing 3 and 3.

 

And when we're in that scheme,  the one LB on the field is Leonard.   He's right in the middle.    

 

But yes,  if JOK fell to us,  I think Ballard might very well pluck him.    I think he might be too good,  too scheme versatile, that we'd take him despite our other pressing needs.

 

 

I agree. I think you can line JOK at LB, S, pure rusher. I honestly think he's one of the 5-6 "difference makers" he mentioned today.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The more I sit here and think about it, the more and more I'm starting to talk myself into it. I personally would love someone like Darrisaw at 21 (I think he solves the biggest missing piece for a decade+). But if not there, then you can obviously take JOK who is a pure definition of a deference maker on defense to go along with Buckner and Leonard, and rising star Blackman.

 

And then at pick 54, maybe that's where you trade back and hope to get a very late 3rd or early 4th. And with trading back, maybe someone like Walker Little will be there to solve the OT problem. And then with the 3rd/4th picks get someone like Tremble and Shaka Toney

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

The more I sit here and think about it, the more and more I'm starting to talk myself into it. I personally would love someone like Darrisaw at 21 (I think he solves the biggest missing piece for a decade+). But if not there, then you can obviously take JOK who is a pure definition of a deference maker on defense to go along with Buckner and Leonard, and rising star Blackman.

 

And then at pick 54, maybe that's where you trade back and hope to get a very late 3rd or early 4th. And with trading back, maybe someone like Walker Little will be there to solve the OT problem. And then with the 3rd/4th picks get someone like Tremble and Shaka Toney

If Darrisaw makes it to 16 at the Cardinals pick, what would you think about offering pick 21 and Marvell Tell for pick 16 to grab him? I think that could benefit both teams, and I'd sacrifice Tell in that case to get Darrisaw.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If Darrisaw makes it to 16 at the Cardinals pick, what would you think about offering pick 21 and Marvell Tell for pick 16 to grab him? I think that could benefit both teams, and I'd sacrifice Tell in that case to get Darrisaw.

 

I mean I think the Colts would do it in a heartbeat but I don't the Cardinals would. In this scenario we are basically saying Tell is worth a very early 3rd round pick. And most teams are looking for a little extra, so we would be looking at Tell as worth a very late 2nd which they surely aren't going to think that Tell is worth that much.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This draft, outside of round 2 is really not that bad, but that LB IS really good in round 2

 

Replace that pick with a Ronnie Perkins or Ossai, and I am very happy with this draft

 

 

Leatherwood is a stud run blocker with great run blocking skills, and is athletic 

 

He need some work, but he will be fine at LT IMHO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@NewColtsFan You know me - any mock that starts with Liam Eichenberg is a good mock in my books!  Not a big fan of taking a LB in the 2nd round.  Miami's Roche may lack a few things, but a choice between him and Jones II or Weaver is mostly semantics.  Athleticism vs Production.  It would still be a value pick that far down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

 

I agree. I think you can line JOK at LB, S, pure rusher. I honestly think he's one of the 5-6 "difference makers" he mentioned today.

What's a JOK?  I admittedly haven't kept up on the draft and prospects this year like I usually do....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

What's a JOK?  I admittedly haven't kept up on the draft and prospects this year like I usually do....


Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.  
 

Linebacker, ND.

 

His name often gets shortened to JOK....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Doing a 7-round mock for one team is hard enough, but doing a 7-round mock for all 32 teams is quite a different thing

altogether.     Saying it's hard doesn't begin to cover it.    So, if I'm going to give praise to Reuter for doing this year after year,  which I am....   then, at least for the record,  I'd like to say that I saw more head scratching picks this year than I can remember in any other year.

 

By the way,  I think Reuter, while not a scout-level person like Lance Zierlein or Daniel Jeremiah or Bucky Brooks, I think Chad is a pretty dialed-in guy.   He's got sources and connections.    So, when I see something that raises my eyebrows in a bad way,  I wonder what he knows?   Does he have info on medicals that he's been fed by someone on the inside?

 

I have found more than a dozen players who I think are roughly at least two rounds off, maybe more.

 

So....    I'm just going to list them and we'll see how close to being right he is.

 

Starting in R4...

 

Kyle Trask,  QB      Florida

Jamar Johnson   Saf    Indiana

 

R5

 

Jay Tufele   DT     USC

Taj Gowan  CB     UCF

 

R6

 

Jamar Jefferson    RB   Ore St.

Jordan Smith       Edge    UAB

Cade Johnson      WR     S. Dakota St.

James Hudson     OT      Cincy

Payton Turner      Edge    Houston      (Does THIS get anyone's attention?!?)

 

R7

 

Rashad Weaver     DE     Pitts

Marlon Tuipulotu    DT    USC

Jaelon Darden       WR    N. Texas

Israel Mukuamu     CB    S. Carolina

Marquez Stevenson   WR    Hous

 

 

Do these names in these rounds look right to you?    It's one thing to be one round off,  but don't a number of these names feel more off than just one round?    They do to me.     So, perhaps after the draft,  we can take a look and see how close Reuter comes on these players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I would be extremely,  but  of course pleasantly surprised if the colts win just one of those two games. That's Belichek & Brady lol.   The colts path to a wild card, imo, is to win the other 4 games for a 10-7 record.
    • Brady will have his more likely than not. Ala Manning, he knows how to pinpoint any given defense and exploit its weaknesses, and he has all the weapons to do so. Way different kind of player than Josh Allen. I think that the only thing that really works well against him is a great pass rush.   Huge test for the secondary to handle Godwin and Evans. Hopefully the Cover 2 D does well enough against the big plays that Brady settles for dinking and dunking for the most part.   If the Colts play as well as they have been playing as of late though, they definitely have a solid shot. I just really hope the secondary holds up.
    • Colts have not beaten the pats or Brady since 09. Completely different teams though.
    • The colts have lost like 8 or so straight games to brady & Belichek and now have to face them both in separate games.....when was the last time the colts defeated them??? And the cardinals, though talented, are not a team historically there at crunch time. I would have to think the cards would be the most likely of the three to fall against the colts.....of course it's possible the colts could win all three or lose all three.
    • We HAVE to get pressure on Brady. If he has anytime at all to throw, we’re gonna get carved. Evans, Godwin and Gronk are all healthy. 
  • Members

    • CR91

      CR91 8,230

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • colts89

      colts89 190

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • throwing BBZ

      throwing BBZ 1,677

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colt.45

      Colt.45 1,101

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • runthepost

      runthepost 1,077

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dunk

      Dunk 377

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • LJpalmbeacher2

      LJpalmbeacher2 2,806

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Zoltan

      Zoltan 1,394

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PeterBowman

      PeterBowman 1,534

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MB-ColtsFan

      MB-ColtsFan 1,487

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...