Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Todd McShay's 2 Round Mock

Peytonparker

Has us selecting Fleener in the 2nd over players such as Ta'Amu, Reuben Randle, Alshon Jeffrey and Janoris Jenkins. Personally I would rather have any of these players I just mentioned over Fleener. Not a knock on Fleener, I just think the other players I listed would be better

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7745867/2012-nfl-mock-draft-projecting-first-two-rounds

Round 2

Pick Team Player Position School 33 Rams Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State 34 Colts Coby Fleener TE Stanford 35 Vikings Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina 36 Buccaneers Zach Brown OLB North Carolina 37 Browns Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State 38 Jaguars Nick Perry DE USC 39 Rams (from Was.) Rueben Randle WR LSU 40 Panthers Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama 41 Bills Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State 42 Dolphins Bobby Massie OT Mississippi 43 Seahawks Mychal Kendricks ILB Cal 44 Chiefs Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin 45 Cowboys Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State 46 Eagles Devon Still DT Penn State 47 Jets Brandon Thompson DT/DE Clemson 48 Patriots (from Oak.) Peter Konz C Wisconsin 49 Chargers Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington 50 Bears Dwayne Allen TE Clemson 51 Eagles (from Ari.) Ronnell Lewis OLB Oklahoma 52 Titans Orson Charles TE Georgia 53 Bengals Lamar Miller RB Miami (Fla.) 54 Lions Josh Robinson CB UCF 55 Falcons Vinny Curry DE Marshall 56 Steelers Doug Martin RB Boise State 57 Broncos David Wilson RB Virginia Tech 58 Texans Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State 59 Packers Trumaine Johnson CB Montana 60 Ravens Jeff Allen OG Illinois 61 49ers Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa State 62 Patriots Brandon Taylor S LSU 63 Giants Mitchell Schwartz OT Cal

This is his 2nd rd

It's Todd McShay, not Mayock.

This is probably one of the most ideal drafts. We get Luck and Fleener and take off our 2 biggest needs while getting the 2 best players available (at the certain point in the draft). I'd love to have Fleener.

Sorry. It is McShay, LOL I was reading something by Mayock right before I posted this. I am not knocking Fleener, just saying that if the draft did fall this way I would rather have one of the players I listed earlier than Fleener, IMO they are all better talents who fill a more pressing need

Sorry. It is McShay, LOL I was reading something by Mayock right before I posted this. I am not knocking Fleener, just saying that if the draft did fall this way I would rather have one of the players I listed earlier than Fleener, IMO they are all better talents who fill a more pressing need

What's a more pressing need than TE. Our current starter at TE is Brody Eldridge. I think it's out biggest need. There is no better player available (basing it off his projections) than Fleener. He's the best TE in the draft and he has a great bond with Luck. Also, his athleticism is one of the best I've ever seen from a TE.

It would be really tough to pass on Janoris Jenkins. I wouldn't even mind trading back into the 2nd to get him. He's the 2nd best CB in this draft by far! TE is a bigger need though so we should pick Coby Fleener at 34 if he's there.

What's a more pressing need than TE. Our current starter at TE is Brody Eldridge. I think it's out biggest need. There is no better player available (basing it off his projections) than Fleener. He's the best TE in the draft and he has a great bond with Luck. Also, his athleticism is one of the best I've ever seen from a TE.

Barring a FA signing, our biggest need is NT. Our defense will fail without one, and we don't have one.

A fullback that can catch. The TE isn't even the first option in the Spider 3 Y banana (sarcasm). TE is a definite need, I just don't necessary think so in the 2nd round (and I still don't believe Fleener will be there when we pick). I give McShay less credit than anyone when it comes to mocks.

nevis could play NT. TE is our biggest need

Nevis can not play 3-4 NT

Like Peytonparker said, there is no way Nevis can play NT in a 2-gap 3-4 scheme. 1-gap, yeah maybe. Nevis is now a DE, and will be more of a rotational guy. I wish we had gotten him 3 or 4 years ago, he would've been a beast in our schemes under Polian. Now, I am not sure what to expect out of him, especially after being on IR last year.

I would rather see Drake playing DE in the 3-4.

if i can take the words of our GM you dont put a round peg in a square hole. moloa would be better off playing DE opposite redding. moloa played 3-4 DE in college

if i can take the words of our GM you dont put a round peg in a square hole. moloa would be better off playing DE opposite redding. moloa played 3-4 DE in college

I understand that, but aren't you doing the same thing with Nevis? He is a prototypical 4-3 DT and played a 4-3 in college

I understand that, but aren't you doing the same thing with Nevis? He is a prototypical 4-3 DT and played a 4-3 in college

this is a smaller hole then what you wanna do. he can work and obviously the coaches think so too or else we would have picked someone up.

Drafting Talent is always preferred, and with all the needs we have, we are lucky to be able to do both. Fleener was listed in the first round on most mocks until recently and only because teams have other bigger needs than TE. We would be lucky if he is there for us. Look at what a draft TE did for NE in Rob Gronkowski who happens to be 6'6" 265 and Fleener is 6'6" 244. Give Luck someone to throw to besides old man Reggie.

some good points you made but "hes the best tight end in the draft isnt saying alot this isnt a great draft for that position, as for more pressing need, Corner or Defensive Tackle thats simple, witht hat said I know we need a tight end that cant be overlooked but Id rather have one in the late rounds

this is a smaller hole then what you wanna do. he can work and obviously the coaches think so too or else we would have picked someone up.

OK.....so obviously they also think our CBs and TEs can work or else they would have picked someone up. You are now working on assumptions.

Don't agree at all Andy. TE's are easy to get in the 4th or 5th rd. and they can still be very good. NT is without doubt the biggest need (besides QB) on the roster. Without a good 3-4 NT the defense will not work no matter how good the players we have at other positions.

OK.....so obviously they also think our CBs and TEs can work or else they would have picked someone up. You are now working on assumptions.

cb isnt as bad as some people make it out to be imo. we have three young cbs in powers,thomas,and ruckers that we can develop. TE hasnt been addressed because the colts will make a play to get coby fleener or another TE in the draft.

We would be so fortunate to have Fleener available at 34. Slim chance that will happen. If he is, I hope the Colt rep is standing there with the selection already in his hand, shaking like a leaf in a windstorm with giddy excitement.

We would be so fortunate to have Fleener available at 34. Slim chance that will happen. If he is, I hope the Colt rep is standing there with the selection already in his hand, shaking like a leaf in a windstorm with giddy excitement.

i cant really see any team wanting fleener in the first. theres too much first round talent plus the only team i can really see making a play on fleener is either the 49ers or giants, but both have another glaring needs like wr for the 49ers and safety for the giants.

I have Hill falling to the 49ers and Giants taking Doug Martin from Boise State. Travis Beckum is now expected to be fit for the Giants, which means they don't need a TE high.

I'm still hopeful Fleener will fall to us. Remember last year, Tight End Kyle Rudolph was marked as a lock to the Falcons in the first round? He ended up at pick #43.

Wow..there is so much DL talent on that board right there. And 3 fabulous backs. I've got to see who he had in round 1. To me Fleener is not what we need. We will be a run first team...meaning we need a starting TE that is a great BLOCKER...not receiver...who have Pitts typically had at TE....hmm not super athletic skilled slot type TEs...I seem to remember big wide bodied block 1st TEs with good hands. That can be filled in round 4 or 5 in the draft. Look what happened to Dallas when we tried using him as a blocker. It just didn't work..and it won't with Fleener. Fleener has been said to be one of the worst blocking TEs out of the top 5 TEs in the draft. Pass on that dude and get more value at another need position. DL or CB.

Ta'amu is more of a 3rd round prospect. With our need at NT and virtualy nothing happening in FA, I wouldnt be surprised if we get him in the 3rd, provided hes still there. I do not want Jeffry's lazy butt and Jenkins personality on this team imo. Id be glad with randle or fleener in the 2nd.

I have seen some draft boards where Ta'amu is listed in first round.

I watched him a lot. Hes great!

Wow..there is so much DL talent on that board right there. And 3 fabulous backs. I've got to see who he had in round 1. To me Fleener is not what we need. We will be a run first team...meaning we need a starting TE that is a great BLOCKER...not receiver...who have Pitts typically had at TE....hmm not super athletic skilled slot type TEs...I seem to remember big wide bodied block 1st TEs with good hands. That can be filled in round 4 or 5 in the draft. Look what happened to Dallas when we tried using him as a blocker. It just didn't work..and it won't with Fleener. Fleener has been said to be one of the worst blocking TEs out of the top 5 TEs in the draft. Pass on that dude and get more value at another need position. DL or CB.

Heath Miller is 6'5 250 Fleener is 6'6 250.. Miller was also a first round pick

i don't believe for a seconnd that the colts will be a run first team...unless luck is a disappointment.

I have seen some draft boards where Ta'amu is listed in first round.

I watched him a lot. Hes great!

Not for sure if we're watching the same player. Against the good teams he seemed to not perform very well at all. Against Baylor (Who honestly didn't have that great of an O-line) he was non-existent in that game. Against USC he wasn't really amazing either and against Stanford got beat up (But Stanford did have an amazing O-line) like everyone else. While he did have a pretty good senior bowl, he's still had a pretty inconsistent season. That game against Baylor just seemed to be a bad sign cause he seemed invisible the entire time. 482 rushing yards against Washington that game sums up how he played that game. He's likely to get picked near the middle or end of the 2nd round, but is more of a 3rd round pick or even a 4th round pick.

Don't agree at all Andy. TE's are easy to get in the 4th or 5th rd. and they can still be very good. NT is without doubt the biggest need (besides QB) on the roster. Without a good 3-4 NT the defense will not work no matter how good the players we have at other positions.

The Steelers defense was arguably the best this year and they had a declining Hampton. The Texans defense was one of the best and they had Shaun Cody, who isn't that great at all. The 49ers had another great defense, arguably the best, and they didn't have a very good defense. You can do very well without a good NT, especially with a genius like Pagano.

In this year's draft, the TE class is absolutely horrible. We're looking at, besides Fleener, Allen, Charles, Green and Egnew, there are no real starters. Maybe Ellison could be a starter. This is one of the worst classes I've seen in years. There is no depth in the class, so you either have to make it a priority or just take a guy in the middle rounds that would become a mediocre starter. I'm looking for a great starter. If Fleener is not there at 34, then it's just better to take out our other needs and wait until the middle rounds. It's hard to find a good starter in the middle rounds, and nearly impossible in this draft.