Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 2.0 mock off-season

According to Spotrac, the colts have 68 mil in cap space.

Cut

Jack Doyle - Saves 4.5 mil

Cap space 72.5 mil

Re-Sign

Houston - 2 year 21 mil 10g - While Houston's QB hits has gone down, his pressure and sacks are still there along with his play in the run game.

Rhodes - 2 year 17 mil 8g - Rhodes more then proven he can still play as a top corner and is a must re-sign.

Hilton - 2 year 18 mil 9g - it's a low ball offer, but I really hope Hilton is open to taking a hometown discount. I still think Hilton can play and be productive.

Carrie - 2 year 5 mil 3g - Carrie provided key depth and was able to come in right away and start inside and outside.

Mohammed - 2 year 4 mil 2g - Mohammed would be cheaper to keep then Autry and provides good depth and pressure.

Cap Space 50 mil

Trade

Carson Wentz and Zach Ertz - a 2nd and 4th this year and next year. A little more then what the colts are offering, but I think that will be enough to get both players.

Cap space 20 mil

Free Agency

JJ Watt - 2 year 24 mil 10g - I really hope we can get Watt as I feel Buckner and Watt inside together will give us a lot of single matchups outside which we can take advantage of also our run defense would be next level.

Cap Space 8 mil

Draft

Colts trade down with the Bucs from 21 to 32 for their second round pick.

1. Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame

Notre Dame continues to produce linemen and now we have our future LT with Nelson too on the left for a long time.

2. Patrick Jones Edge Pittsburgh

Jones is a fast pass rusher with length and size who is very good at setting the edge and improved his pass rush skills this year.

3. Chuba Hubbard RB Oklahoma State

Chuba opted out for the 2020 season, but 2019 he lead the country in rushing yards and would be a great one two punch with Taylor.

5. Larnel Coleman T U Mass

Hidden gem imo as he was productive the past few years and this year before the pandemic.

6. Trae Barry TE Jacksonville State

Raw receiver with an incredible mismatch in size at 6 7 240 pounds and 4.7 speed. 

7. Buddy Johnson ILB Texas A&M

Tackling machine to add depth with Walker most likely leaving for free agency

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

According to Spotrac, the colts have 68 mil in cap space.

Cut

Jack Doyle - Saves 4.5 mil

Cap space 72.5 mil

Re-Sign

Houston - 2 year 21 mil 10g - While Houston's QB hits has gone down, his pressure and sacks are still there along with his play in the run game.

Rhodes - 2 year 17 mil 8g - Rhodes more then proven he can still play as a top corner and is a must re-sign.

Hilton - 2 year 18 mil 9g - it's a low ball offer, but I really hope Hilton is open to taking a hometown discount. I still think Hilton can play and be productive.

Carrie - 2 year 5 mil 3g - Carrie provided key depth and was able to come in right away and start inside and outside.

Mohammed - 2 year 4 mil 2g - Mohammed would be cheaper to keep then Autry and provides good depth and pressure.

Cap Space 50 mil

Trade

Carson Wentz and Zach Ertz - a 2nd and 4th this year and next year. A little more then what the colts are offering, but I think that will be enough to get both players.

Cap space 20 mil

Free Agency

JJ Watt - 2 year 24 mil 10g - I really hope we can get Watt as I feel Buckner and Watt inside together will give us a lot of single matchups outside which we can take advantage of also our run defense would be next level.

Cap Space 8 mil

Draft

Colts trade down with the Bucs from 21 to 32 for their second round pick.

1. Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame

Notre Dame continues to produce linemen and now we have our future LT with Nelson too on the left for a long time.

2. Patrick Jones Edge Pittsburgh

Jones is a fast pass rusher with length and size who is very good at setting the edge and improved his pass rush skills this year.

3. Chuba Hubbard RB Oklahoma State

Chuba opted out for the 2020 season, but 2019 he lead the country in rushing yards and would be a great one two punch with Taylor.

5. Larnel Coleman T U Mass

Hidden gem imo as he was productive the past few years and this year before the pandemic.

6. Trae Barry TE Jacksonville State

Raw receiver with an incredible mismatch in size at 6 7 240 pounds and 4.7 speed. 

7. Buddy Johnson ILB Texas A&M

Tackling machine to add depth with Walker most likely leaving for free agency

Why is Tampa trading up?

40 minutes ago, Hoose said:

You need to upgrade the WR corps. You can’t count on Campbell to have a healthy year nor TY to bounce back to his old self. Because he’s getting old! 
Fix that problem and I like your approach. 

It's not that simple. We have other needs to take care of and It would take somewhere around 16-17 mil to get Allen Robinson, Golladay, or Juju.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

It's not that simple. We have other needs to take care of and It would take somewhere around 16-17 mil to get Allen Robinson, Golladay, or Juju.

Not with the squeeze on the cap this year. I doubt any non QB gets that kind of a deal. Of course, if TY is gone, under your scenario, it’s only a $3m increase to get a player like Robinson. Worth it even if it costs that much. But I doubt it will. 

54 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Not with the squeeze on the cap this year. I doubt any non QB gets that kind of a deal. Of course, if TY is gone, under your scenario, it’s only a $3m increase to get a player like Robinson. Worth it even if it costs that much. But I doubt it will. 

Players don't care about that. They want to get paid and not a single one of those guys will come here for 12 mil. I guarantee that.

26 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So if Taylor gets hurt, what do you suggest we do?

A non-third rounder.  Rather take an FA or a later pick though don’t have a problem with the player just not sure best pick up for the Colts considering needs.

3 minutes ago, Nate! said:

A non-third rounder.  Rather take an FA or a later pick though don’t have a problem with the player just not sure best pick up for the Colts considering needs.

We're too much of a running team to not take precaution for our run game.

38 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

You aren’t expecting any one player to carry to load here. We use multiples. 

Of course, but I'm saying we rely do much on our run game and we've seen the difference of Taylor running the ball compared to Hines who is more of a change of pace back. We need a similar workhorse especially if one gets hurt.

28 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Of course, but I'm saying we rely do much on our run game and we've seen the difference of Taylor running the ball compared to Hines who is more of a change of pace back. We need a similar workhorse especially if one gets hurt.

I get what you are saying but I’m not wasting an early pick for a player, just in case a starter goes down. 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

It's more about sharing the workload then insurance. 

You are already sharing the workload with what you have in the roster. Plus you can easily grab a free agent for cheap if need be. Regardless it doesn’t make sense to draft a RB in the 3rd the year after drafting one in the 2nd. WR’s yes but RB no. 

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

You are already sharing the workload with what you have in the roster. Plus you can easily grab a free agent for cheap if need be. Regardless it doesn’t make sense to draft a RB in the 3rd the year after drafting one in the 2nd. WR’s yes but RB no. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

CR 91, you can occasionally accept that you're not always right. Every comment to your proposed approach here generates a fierce defense from you, when maybe reality suggests somebody else actually has a good idea that may disagree with your overall premise but also complements what you're proposing. Just saying. 

1 minute ago, Hoose said:

CR 91, you can occasionally accept that you're not always right. Every comment to your proposed approach here generates a fierce defense from you, when maybe reality suggests somebody else actually has a good idea that may disagree with your overall premise but also complements what you're proposing. Just saying. 

I'm allowed to defend my point. I actually have a reason behind my decision. If you don't agree fine, but I want you to know my thinking behind my post.

20 hours ago, CR91 said:

Perhaps, but I'm telling you Hubbard is worth the pick. Look at his tape.

Oh I’ve known about Hubbard since last season. If not for Covid, most people thought he was going to be a Heisman candidate this past season. I know how good he is. But RBs don’t win championships, especially when you already have a good one. 3rd round is too high to spend a pick on a depth player at a non-premium position.

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Oh I’ve known about Hubbard since last season. If not for Covid, most people thought he was going to be a Heisman candidate this past season. I know how good he is. But RBs don’t win championships, especially when you already have a good one. 3rd round is too high to spend a pick on a depth player at a non-premium position.

To each his own I guess. I just don't wanna put too much pressure on Taylor to carry the offense by himself.

23 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'm allowed to defend my point. I actually have a reason behind my decision. If you don't agree fine, but I want you to know my thinking behind my post.

That's fair. Of course you can defend your reasoning. I was just noting that you fought back against every suggested alternative given by the Board. Sometimes, we can accept that every idea we have might not be the best idea. But that said, I'm glad we have passionate, engaged, thinking members on this Board like you. It makes the experience on here much better. I may not always agree with you, but I'm glad you're involved. 

40 minutes ago, Hoose said:

That's fair. Of course you can defend your reasoning. I was just noting that you fought back against every suggested alternative given by the Board. Sometimes, we can accept that every idea we have might not be the best idea. But that said, I'm glad we have passionate, engaged, thinking members on this Board like you. It makes the experience on here much better. I may not always agree with you, but I'm glad you're involved. 

I appreciate that. I'm not trying to argue, but it does make things more interesting

Archived