Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How to beat the Steelers

Bert Johns

On 12/23/2020 at 12:46 AM, IinD said:

They have to stop those brain dead quarters and/or halves where they do nothing and go ice cold.

You know in the playoffs that type of stuff gets you bounced quick if you get in.

Side note I found a little blurb from 11/2018 about Rivers against Pitt

'Overall, in six career games against Pittsburgh, Rivers has thrown for 1,533 yards, completed 61.4 percent of his passes and tossed 13 touchdowns for a 92.0 career passer rating.'

Averages out to about 250 yds and 2TD's.

I think that gets us a win if the defense doesn't go full stupid for a while, but he'll need more if it's a shootout.

Colts need to get an A/V guy like the Chargers had:

https://www.chargers.com/video/chargers-vs-steelers-are-you-ready

I have been happily wrong the last 5 or six weeks. However, with the offensive line missing two or three pieces, Rivers  will not have much time to throw and the running game may be a disappointment. The steelers have a stout defense. Every year the steelers use the Colts as a battering ram entering the playoff stretch. The Colts defense always makes the steelers receivers look like all pro athletes.

1 hour ago, MCurtis32 said:

I have been happily wrong the last 5 or six weeks. However, with the offensive line missing two or three pieces, Rivers  will not have much time to throw and the running game may be a disappointment. The steelers have a stout defense. Every year the steelers use the Colts as a battering ram entering the playoff stretch. The Colts defense always makes the steelers receivers look like all pro athletes.

Yeah, I had my hopes up till I saw both Braden Smith and AC out vs the Steelers. Going to have to rely on our D to grind out a close game.

Archived