Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens vs Steelers


Recommended Posts

Just watched the end of the Ravens game...even with several key players missing, the Ravens made it interesting against the Steelers. This game helps us for two reasons: 

1. It prevents the Ravens from leaping us for the seventh spot

2. If shows that Pittsburgh can be beaten, especially if you have a tough D

I’m feeling a lot better about our chances after that one

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Just watched the end of the Ravens game...even with several key players missing, the Ravens made it interesting against the Steelers. This game helps us for two reasons: 

1. It prevents the Ravens from leaping us for the seventh spot

2. If shows that Pittsburgh can be beaten, especially if you have a tough D

I’m feeling a lot better about our chances after that one

Not without  castanzo

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

The Steelers do not look like s 11-0 team. They have to be the quietest 11-0 team ever. 

They have yet to face many elite opponents. They beat the Browns once and Ravens twice, both Ravens games being very close games. They also beat the Titans in a close game, but the Titans are certainly not invincible. They haven’t played anybody like KC, Buffalo, New Orleans, Green Bay, Seattle, etc.

I don’t think they’re a bad team by any stretch, but I don’t think they’re as good as their record, either

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The Steelers do not look like s 11-0 team. They have to be the quietest 11-0 team ever. 

 

I love how I said the same thing two weeks ago and I got crucified

Ravens losing actually helps. It keeps us in the last playoff spot.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Steelers match up badly vs the Chiefs looking at strength vs strength, IMO. It could be 2004 AFCCG deja vu for Big Ben when he lost the 2004 AFCCG at home vs Brady, this time could be vs Mahomes. Long way to go though. Sammy Watkins coming back for Mahomes just before playoff time always gives that offense a huge boost, not that they need it much. 

 

After Covid, I have to wait and see how Lamar comes out of it passing the ball. If his passing improves, the Ravens with a healthy D always have a puncher's chance on the road.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Came home from tennis and caught the last quarter and a half. The Ravens did not look good, their D seemed uninspired.  I think I heard they were missing some players. 

I think we definitely have a shot at holding our wild card spot.

The ravens I believe had 3 players out injured. Plus like 12 or 13 still on the covid list out. Yeah they were short handed. I thought Harbaugh coached a heck of s game. To me it was the Steelers who played uninspired. Steelers also had 3 players out on the covid list.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I love how I said the same thing two weeks ago and I got crucified

Ravens losing actually helps. It keeps us in the last playoff spot.

I said in the other thread the Steelers offense looks a lot like the colts. A old QB with limited mobility if you pressure him it throws off the quick timing offense. Like the colts they don’t throw downfield much they just mix in some chunk plays and run game.  Their defense is probably a little better then the colts and been Moore consistent. The int Ben threw today looked like something rivers would of done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Stephen said:

They may hold him out til first playoff game

There won’t be a playoff game if he missed to much time. Reich said today he isn’t putting a timetable on it. It’s up to AC when he practiced or if he think he can play. Leaving it up to him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chickenMan said:

They have yet to face many elite opponents. They beat the Browns once and Ravens twice, both Ravens games being very close games. They also beat the Titans in a close game, but the Titans are certainly not invincible. They haven’t played anybody like KC, Buffalo, New Orleans, Green Bay, Seattle, etc.

I don’t think they’re a bad team by any stretch, but I don’t think they’re as good as their record, either

I agree that they are not as good as their record suggests.

I think their biggest strength is that they do not have any glaring weaknesses.   Sure their offense isn't top 5 in the league, but it's not bottom 5 either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The ravens I believe had 3 players out injured. Plus like 12 or 13 still on the covid list out. Yeah they were short handed. I thought Harbaugh coached a heck of s game. To me it was the Steelers who played uninspired. Steelers also had 3 players out on the covid list.

Wow they were short handed. At least they didn't have practice squad receiver at qb. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Yup, basically a nit. A nit that should be easy to look at and fix, but not something I'll ever point to.  I disagree. It can be balanced. I would agree if this was 20 years ago. Shared arenas is a small thing IMO. Other events could actually be managed easier if there was a systemic logic and expectation. TV obligations to the networks would be stable.    Off topic, but I've flown a decent amount to away games, and also to concerts at arenas or other events at NFL stadiums. If you're going to allow flex games (getting more and more the norm after week 4), you're not really worried about all that. Not looking for a deep dive. I thought you were out in AZ and might have a surface opinion on adding Green, Watt, Collins, Moore, Butler, etc. 
    • Discussed a lot in many other threads already...    But, IMO, worth discussing if the topic if it's about Indy's willingness to roll the dice on injuries in general.   Fisher - big gamble on a huge position of need. Early schedule could be ugly if Tevi has to start the first month. Huge gamble.   Dayo - good value in the 2nd. Young and should heal. It's a long term play, one that I'm not sure we should have taken given other needs. Good gamble.   Mack - pretty easy decision IMO. Cheap, and short term. Any production will be great. Good loyalty sign to set him with another team in 2022. If he heals well, he'll be a fantastic RB2. Almost zero risk and lots of upside. No risk gamble. 
    • The bolded is basically my opinion. Good way of putting it.    Edit: Structured scheduling is gonna be really hard. Shared arenas, other events scheduled, TV obligations, etc.    I'll get back to you on AZ.
    • I think what it boils down to, is that there is a significant number of teams that get to enjoy that advantage of being rested over a team that is not. While the Colts have not enjoyed that benefit.    Essentially, the other teams in our division and conference could get +1 for a better % chance of winning their game off a bye.   That probably reads even more confusing, and if so I apologize. It's May, which in teaching terms means my mind is quite nearly a puddle on the floor. 
    • Pro days replaced the combine. NFL established guidelines and some funding I believe. Combine was limited to medicals. Measurables are easy for most players, but Dayo's injury prohibited him from the team's pro day.   BTW, Dayo's pre injury 40 was 4.7. Not great, but he's bigger, and he's more about power than KP.   Here's KP's RAS  
  • Members

    • Tsarquise

      Tsarquise 454

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JediXMan

      JediXMan 654

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jmac_48

      jmac_48 377

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Black0ut117

      Black0ut117 20

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Franklin County

      Franklin County 80

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 7,246

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tate

      tate 2

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 9,800

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsBlueFL

      ColtsBlueFL 4,639

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • AustinnKaine

      AustinnKaine 366

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...