Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens vs Steelers

Just watched the end of the Ravens game...even with several key players missing, the Ravens made it interesting against the Steelers. This game helps us for two reasons: 

1. It prevents the Ravens from leaping us for the seventh spot

2. If shows that Pittsburgh can be beaten, especially if you have a tough D

I’m feeling a lot better about our chances after that one

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Just watched the end of the Ravens game...even with several key players missing, the Ravens made it interesting against the Steelers. This game helps us for two reasons: 

1. It prevents the Ravens from leaping us for the seventh spot

2. If shows that Pittsburgh can be beaten, especially if you have a tough D

I’m feeling a lot better about our chances after that one

Not without  castanzo

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

The Steelers do not look like s 11-0 team. They have to be the quietest 11-0 team ever. 

They have yet to face many elite opponents. They beat the Browns once and Ravens twice, both Ravens games being very close games. They also beat the Titans in a close game, but the Titans are certainly not invincible. They haven’t played anybody like KC, Buffalo, New Orleans, Green Bay, Seattle, etc.

I don’t think they’re a bad team by any stretch, but I don’t think they’re as good as their record, either

24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The Steelers do not look like s 11-0 team. They have to be the quietest 11-0 team ever. 

I love how I said the same thing two weeks ago and I got crucified

Ravens losing actually helps. It keeps us in the last playoff spot.

• Like 2

Steelers match up badly vs the Chiefs looking at strength vs strength, IMO. It could be 2004 AFCCG deja vu for Big Ben when he lost the 2004 AFCCG at home vs Brady, this time could be vs Mahomes. Long way to go though. Sammy Watkins coming back for Mahomes just before playoff time always gives that offense a huge boost, not that they need it much. 

After Covid, I have to wait and see how Lamar comes out of it passing the ball. If his passing improves, the Ravens with a healthy D always have a puncher's chance on the road.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Came home from tennis and caught the last quarter and a half. The Ravens did not look good, their D seemed uninspired.  I think I heard they were missing some players. 

I think we definitely have a shot at holding our wild card spot.

The ravens I believe had 3 players out injured. Plus like 12 or 13 still on the covid list out. Yeah they were short handed. I thought Harbaugh coached a heck of s game. To me it was the Steelers who played uninspired. Steelers also had 3 players out on the covid list.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I love how I said the same thing two weeks ago and I got crucified

Ravens losing actually helps. It keeps us in the last playoff spot.

I said in the other thread the Steelers offense looks a lot like the colts. A old QB with limited mobility if you pressure him it throws off the quick timing offense. Like the colts they don’t throw downfield much they just mix in some chunk plays and run game.  Their defense is probably a little better then the colts and been Moore consistent. The int Ben threw today looked like something rivers would of done.

59 minutes ago, Stephen said:

They may hold him out til first playoff game

There won’t be a playoff game if he missed to much time. Reich said today he isn’t putting a timetable on it. It’s up to AC when he practiced or if he think he can play. Leaving it up to him.

13 hours ago, chickenMan said:

They have yet to face many elite opponents. They beat the Browns once and Ravens twice, both Ravens games being very close games. They also beat the Titans in a close game, but the Titans are certainly not invincible. They haven’t played anybody like KC, Buffalo, New Orleans, Green Bay, Seattle, etc.

I don’t think they’re a bad team by any stretch, but I don’t think they’re as good as their record, either

I agree that they are not as good as their record suggests.

I think their biggest strength is that they do not have any glaring weaknesses.   Sure their offense isn't top 5 in the league, but it's not bottom 5 either. 

16 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The ravens I believe had 3 players out injured. Plus like 12 or 13 still on the covid list out. Yeah they were short handed. I thought Harbaugh coached a heck of s game. To me it was the Steelers who played uninspired. Steelers also had 3 players out on the covid list.

Wow they were short handed. At least they didn't have practice squad receiver at qb. Lol