Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rick Reilly Interviews Luck

he didn't seem confident that him and peyton would get along

I don't think that it had anything to do with Peyton personally, as he's confided in Peyton, requested advice from him and worked with him at the Manning passing academy. It's more that Luck would like to play and start. So would Manning. Both are extremely competitive, and Luck knows the history of back-ups behind Peyton. They do a great deal of film study to get Peyton ready and don't get much of an opportunity to take snaps during practice. This doesn't work for a guy like Luck who knows that the key to his success is also to take snaps at practice, in preparation to win.

Well if they are releasing team jersey's next week, I figure you can just "Custom" make one with Luck on the back. It'll just be like customizing one now, just with Nike instead.

Oh, yeah I didn't think about that, Ive had a few custom jereseys and the numbers seem to wear easier than the other jerseys i own.

Oh, yeah I didn't think about that, Ive had a few custom jereseys and the numbers seem to wear easier than the other jerseys i own.

Do you have the ones with the stiched numbers or the painted ones? The painted ones always peel off from what I've seen (have a 04' Manning one and its on its last leg)

i have the painted ones. well did haha. it found its way to the trash a couple weeks ago actually

Lol yeah my Manning one is on it's way there. I might just keep it though to show my kids one day. Honestly though, if you can get a stiched Luck one, do it. If you ever happen to get it autographed one day it could be worth a lot. Heck even without the autograph it'll be worth something since its a rookie one.

Lol yeah my Manning one is on it's way there. I might just keep it though to show my kids one day. Honestly though, if you can get a stiched Luck one, do it. If you ever happen to get it autographed one day it could be worth a lot. Heck even without the autograph it'll be worth something since its a rookie one.

How much more do stiched ones cost aposed to the painted or whatever they do?

How much more do stiched ones cost aposed to the painted or whatever they do?

According to nflshop dot com, which is still showing discounted Reebok products, adult replica jerseys run $50 to $90 (but you can get even cheaper versions at Target or Walmart), and authentic ones run in the neighborhood of $120 to $135. Expect new, probably higher, pricing when the new Nike jerseys hit the shelves.

According to nflshop dot com, which is still showing discounted Reebok products, adult replica jerseys run $50 to $90 (but you can get even cheaper versions at Target or Walmart), and authentic ones run in the neighborhood of $120 to $135. Expect new, probably higher, pricing when the new Nike jerseys hit the shelves.

Looks like I'll have to be digging through the pigg bank eh?

Don't be surprised if the Nike Authentic jerseys exceed 200.

I doubt they'd reach that high. Reebok was never that high were they? Even when they first came out?

I agree that that would be high. I think the NFL will force Nike to keep the prices reasonable (Ha! under $150 is reasonable to me), in order to maintain decent sales.

I doubt they'd reach that high. Reebok was never that high were they? Even when they first came out?

Some still exceed it.. Clark & Collie have a discounted authentic in the Colts.com pro shop on sale, but regular price was listed as 200.00.

Chris Cooley has a Redskins authentic on sale at redskins.com but had a regular price of 289.00 http://store.redskins.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=429&catID=57

Dallas has a Romo on sale for 199.99

http://www.shopcowboys.com/product/dallas-cowboys-reebok-tony-romo-authentic-jersey,199,17.htm

The "legal" authentic ones aren't cheap.

Some still exceed it.. Clark & Collie have a discounted authentic in the Colts.com pro shop on sale, but regular price was listed as 200.00.

Chris Cooley has a Redskins authentic on sale at redskins.com but had a regular price of 289.00 http://store.redskin...&p=429&catID=57

Dallas has a Romo on sale for 199.99

http://www.shopcowbo...rsey,199,17.htm

The "legal" authentic ones aren't cheap.

Yeah, I own 2 customized authentic ("Schwamm", #1, home and away) jerseys that I bought several years ago, and they were over 2 bills apiece. The worst part is that I've lost a ton of weight, and now look like I'm a kid wearing his dad's jersey. It might be time to look into new ones...

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7754663/andrew-luck-plays-cool

It seems to me that Andrew Luck can also play Irsay's "up in the air" game.

Nice article. Hopefully we pick this kid. It sounds like RGiii has got in good with Washington already and it would definitely be a shocker if we picked him. Luck sounds like a real stand up guy and has somewhat of that humbleness about him.

I also love this quote:

"This is my day off," says 49ers QB coach Geep Chryst, who is standing next to me with his mouth open. "I'm just here because I love to watch him throw. I've never seen anything like it. The ball comes out of his hand like a helicopter blade. It's like watching Tiger Woods hit balls."

Nice article. Hopefully we pick this kid. It sounds like RGiii has got in good with Washington already and it would definitely be a shocker if we picked him. Luck sounds like a real stand up guy and has somewhat of that humbleness about him.

I also love this quote:

"This is my day off," says 49ers QB coach Geep Chryst, who is standing next to me with his mouth open. "I'm just here because I love to watch him throw. I've never seen anything like it. The ball comes out of his hand like a helicopter blade. It's like watching Tiger Woods hit balls."

I too hope that the Colts choose Luck. I think Griffin may find the Shanahans in Washington an interesting experience per Donovan McNabb's comments (see thread in NFL general section).

IMO, Luck is clearly the better QB prospect, both right now (NFL-ready) and for the long term.

Was this interview real or made up? Cant see Luck giving such a boring interview

It may have been made up, but I doubt it. It is in line with Luck's personality.

I think part of the attractiveness of Luck is that he is so boring, he lulls the defense to sleep, and then scores at will. ;)

I don't think that it had anything to do with Peyton personally, as he's confided in Peyton, requested advice from him and worked with him at the Manning passing academy. It's more that Luck would like to play and start. So would Manning. Both are extremely competitive, and Luck knows the history of back-ups behind Peyton. They do a great deal of film study to get Peyton ready and don't get much of an opportunity to take snaps during practice. This doesn't work for a guy like Luck who knows that the key to his success is also to take snaps at practice, in preparation to win.

Personally, I think Luck's comment on practice snaps speaks volumes as to how unwilliing Peyton was to remain with the organization. If there was ever anyone who was insistant upon having it his way it was Peyton. Well, we don't need that right now. Don't get me wrong, I love 18.....but we need 53 players all moving in the same direction for this thing to work. That includes starters, reserves, and Hall of Famers.