Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

John Ross wants a trade

Green, Higgins, Boyd - Ross doesn't even see playing time, so apparently he wants a trade from the Bengals.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/18/john-ross-billy-price-bengals-trade-candidates-espn/

Please, say no to the Chiefs!!! But given the team make up, more speed is just what the Chiefs need. :(

The Patriots may be interested too - https://www.radio.com/weei/sports/patriots/nfl-rumors-patriots-target-wr-john-ross-wants-trade

As the Colts, I would definitely trade for Carlos Dunlap though. :) 

Thoughts???

I mean...I would take him for free...and see what he could for a game. It's not like the Colts couldn't use WR depth. But it seems like Marcus Johnson is occupying that deep threat right now...so not sure how Ross would get on the field...except maybe in the Campbell gadget role until he comes back.

He has done nothing since he got into the league. The Bengals have a new QB and could use all the WR help they can get. He got on the field for 1 play last week. Trade? No, he's basically asking to be cut. The Raiders like speed, even if they can't catch a cold..

On 10/20/2020 at 3:13 PM, ColtJax said:

He has done nothing since he got into the league. The Bengals have a new QB and could use all the WR help they can get. He got on the field for 1 play last week. Trade? No, he's basically asking to be cut. The Raiders like speed, even if they can't catch a cold..

He had a good start to the season last year. Back to back 100 yard games iirc. He’s also had some injuries here and there. He was just drafted by the wrong team. The Bengals have a long history of drafting highly rated players in the early rounds that never amount to anything. 

22 hours ago, csmopar said:

This is a guy I’d be okay with trading a mid round pick for, if he agrees to a two year deal with heavy incentives. I’m thinking a 5th could get it

Oh my..:

1) Ross will not command anywhere close to 5th in a trade. 

2) There will be no new contract for him. If you trade for him you do it with the contract he current my has. Why would they give him additional years / money until they see for themselves if can actually play?

Archived