Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New nickname - Rodrigo Clankenship

PrideOfAthens17

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Clankenship is an hilarious nickname but he is 8-10 this year in FG's and hasn't missed an extra point all year either = good. When he misses he clanks I guess lol.

And when you clank it like that, it means he is just missing his time or angle. It is easily correctable. He is kicking a lot down the middle too

4 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

He's days maybe numbered if he keeps missing those kicks under 40 yds.  You have Matt Gay on the PS in waiting.

Matt was a very good college kicker as well won the Groza 2 years before Rodrigo (Not Rigoberto...) but the wheels came off for him last season in Tampa , missed 8 fg's isnt terrible for a rookie BUT 8 PATS isnt a good sign. I would be surprised if some club claimed him from our P.S. at some time though.

4 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And when you clank it like that, it means he is just missing his time or angle. It is easily correctable. He is kicking a lot down the middle too

Yes, he’s also a rookie.  He’s not going to be perfect right now.  I am pleasantly surprised with how well he’s done so far to be honest.  Most rookie kickers struggle a lot their rookie years.  Adam even said he was one more miss away from getting cut his rookie year.  Like any other rookie you have to live with the growing pains for what he can be in a year or two and frankly what he is so far isn’t bad.

21 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes, he’s also a rookie.  He’s not going to be perfect right now.  I am pleasantly surprised with how well he’s done so far to be honest.  Most rookie kickers struggle a lot their rookie years.  Adam even said he was one more miss away from getting cut his rookie year.  Like any other rookie you have to live with the growing pains for what he can be in a year or two and frankly what he is so far isn’t bad.

Very much so, and even sometimes the a clank is cuz of a snap or hold timing too. If he was pulling or slicing everything and missing, then be more a worried

On 9/29/2020 at 11:27 AM, EastStreet said:

At UGA, he's well know around these parts for losing that game.

He's had some ups and downs in big moments. 

Still a fan fav by most due to glasses/personality.

Wait a minute "these parts" ?

Are you from Georgia?

Fromm threw a pick six in that game so he was as much to blame as Rodrigo.  I should know i was at the game.

Every time Rodrigo comes out to kick, we should play the "Wild Thing" song just like the Major League movie.

charlie-sheen-maj-leaguejpg.jpg

7 minutes ago, PrNum1 said:

Wait a minute "these parts" ?

Are you from Georgia?

Fromm threw a pick six in that game so he was as much to blame as Rodrigo.  I should know i was at the game.

Every time Rodrigo comes out to kick, we should play the "Wild Thing" song just like the Major League movie.

charlie-sheen-maj-leaguejpg.jpg

From Indy, in ATL now. I've been between the hedges plenty.

Here's some love for The Clankster:

In what might go down as the greatest kicking stat of all-time, Rodrigo Blankenship has single-handedly outscored Indy's opponent in every game the Colts have won this year, which doesn't even seem possible, but in fact, has actually happened. 

Single-footedly?

Week 2: Rodrigo 14-11 over Vikings (28-11 final score)

Week 3: Rodrigo 10-7 over Jets (36-7)

Week 4: Rodrigo 13-11 over Bears (19-11)

12 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Here's some love for The Clankster:

In what might go down as the greatest kicking stat of all-time, Rodrigo Blankenship has single-handedly outscored Indy's opponent in every game the Colts have won this year, which doesn't even seem possible, but in fact, has actually happened. 

Single-footedly?

Week 2: Rodrigo 14-11 over Vikings (28-11 final score)

Week 3: Rodrigo 10-7 over Jets (36-7)

Week 4: Rodrigo 13-11 over Bears (19-11)

GREAT observation there. He's officially back to Hot Rod again for me :D. Hopefully his Mr. Clankenship persona never returns again.

Archived