Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mannings Last Game As A Colt

turner46992

Im pretty sure Peytons last game as a colt, went down as a loss in the playoffs against the Jets, during the wildcard round. Right? If this is true I was actually fortunate enough to be at the game and see the last of Mannings colt career. This is the same game that caldwell made the bizarre timeout with so many odd seconds left on the clock.

Sucks, Because I was hoping Manning would leave The colts with at least a good win, but didnt happen!

Is this True?

Yup, it is true.

He went 18 for 26 with 225 yards and 1 touchdown.

Sucks his last game had to be a loss due to a horrible coaching descion. :(

I blame special teams more for that debacle. Don't forget the 'running into the kicker' penalty and the big return that set them up.

Just for posterity I've been searching youtube for his last pass as a Colt and I can't find it. Was hoping someone would have it?

Im pretty sure Peytons last game as a colt, went down as a loss in the playoffs against the Jets, during the wildcard round. Right? If this is true I was actually fortunate enough to be at the game and see the last of Mannings colt career. This is the same game that caldwell made the bizarre timeout with so many odd seconds left on the clock.

Sucks, Because I was hoping Manning would leave The colts with at least a good win, but didnt happen!

Is this True?

Yes, sadly true. My last mental picture of Manning in a game will be the "wth?!?!" glare he shot at Caldwell.

For a QB who made the playoffs essentially every year, the only way to go out with a win is in the Super Bowl. Aside from John Elway, I don't know of any off the top of my head that have pulled that off. I'd rather that he went out with that loss to the Jets - with an injury ravaged team that he dragged into the playoffs on his back - than with a regular season victory for a team going nowhere.

On even terms with the Jets they would have very likely won just as convincingly as the prior year (or even more-so, the Jets were a fundamentally flawed team), and perhaps made another SB run.

I blame special teams more for that debacle. Don't forget the 'running into the kicker' penalty and the big return that set them up.

Just for posterity I've been searching youtube for his last pass as a Colt and I can't find it. Was hoping someone would have it?

3rd down, incomplete to Blair White, followed by AV's field goal--it's not worth looking for, think of better memories.

Just don't understand the logic in bringing up ancient history.

For me it's good therapy in a time of uncertainty with the Colts. Someone will usually put a comical spin on it. The one who starts the topic is usually reaching out. Why not support him/ her with a post that they can relate to. Thats all.

Com'on, not even a light scab? What I do is think about SB 41 and how long it took to get there from SB 5 and all the hardship in betw....... God I'm depressed

It can't scab when it is free flowing. I think about a lot of things over the past 28 years and how the 13 years before 2011 were by far the best the franchise has had, and how I don't see the next 13 being as positive. Just call it a hunch.

So like you said, you have to look at it from a comical point of view because it's become one big joke.

Can't help but be critical.

this is weird timing on this thread. i was cleaning out my car2 days ago and found the Scout magazine handout from this game. Reggie was on the cover. I do not know how i would have acted differntly if i knew it was 18s last one but im sure i would have savored it more.

this is weird timing on this thread. i was cleaning out my car2 days ago and found the Scout magazine handout from this game. Reggie was on the cover. I do not know how i would have acted differntly if i knew it was 18s last one but im sure i would have savored it more.

The end result would have hurt more. It would have amplified how horrible of a decision Caldwell made, and how bad that KO return was. It would have been a bigger story than it was.

3rd down, incomplete to Blair White, followed by AV's field goal--it's not worth looking for, think of better memories.

I meant his last completion of course. It's something I think should be remembered fondly just for posterity. I was sick as a dog from food poisoning that night and missed much of it. It looked like Vinny had the game won with his FG, I had to run to the bathroom and was in there reeling with vomitous delight for at least 20 minutes. When I came out I saw we had lost. Bad night for me.

If fans would have known it was to be 18's last game, Caldwell's picture would be on a milk carton

I meant his last completion of course. It's something I think should be remembered fondly just for posterity. I was sick as a dog from food poisoning that night and missed much of it. It looked like Vinny had the game won with his FG, I had to run to the bathroom and was in there reeling with vomitous delight for at least 20 minutes. When I came out I saw we had lost. Bad night for me.

Last home pass was to Tamme vs. Tennessee to set up the game winning field goal.

Last home TD pass was a 30 yarder to Garcon in the 3rd quarter vs. Tennessee.

Last home rush was a kneel down in the 2nd quarter vs. Dallas win week 13.

Last completion was to Blair White 3yards

Last touchdown pass the 57 yarder to Garcon.

Last rush was a kneel down vs. Oakland after the 27 yard scamper and slide.

I don't think I'm going to change it. Just a reminder of the mistake know as his tenure as head coach.

The most likes I ever got with a single post (15) was when I typed "Fire Jim Caldwell". That's all I typed, just that simple, thought provoking call to action.

PS; As one of our most valued members you need to join the hippie peace movement. lol.....no but seriously, do it!

You really need to invest in a pause button there Ruk. Or a bucket.....

The most likes I ever got with a single post (15) was when I typed "Fire Jim Caldwell". That's all I typed, just that simple, thought provoking call to action.

PS; As one of our most valued members you need to join the hippie peace movement. lol.....no but seriously, do it!

You can sign me up, but my fingers will remain sharp when they need to be.

I remember getting neg rep for suggesting that Caldwell was in over his head or that a change should be made.

You really need to invest in a pause button there Ruk. Or a bucket.....

Didn't have DVR at the time. I was so down and out that night.

I missed most of Manning's last game and haven't seen a replay since. I had no real reason to relive that depressing game but now that it is Manning's last game, I would love to see it again while not evacuating fluids from both ends.

You can sign me up, but my fingers will remain sharp when they need to be.

I remember getting neg rep for suggesting that Caldwell was in over his head or that a change should be made.

Gotcha.

Yea, what fun would this forum be if we weren't debating with some semblance of passion for our own opinions? Nothing wrong with that. We're all just so sick of the labeling and baseless generalizations.

I think the worst is over now. The only other time I remember this forum being so divisive and heated was the great "undefeated" debacle. Which was kinda ironic that one of the most divided moments in recent Colts fans history was over the extent of our tremendous success.