Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Stanton The Next Painter?

jemack

to me this is a pretty dumb question,ive watched him play,hes a more than adequate backup,a Steel for the price

The only "Dumb" questions, are the ones that aren't asked.

Have a visit....http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/6709-mod-note-choices-trolling-and-the-golden-rules/

He didn't have 51 attempts in one game in 2009. He also didn't have that great of a game, but a couple of those picks were becuase it hit off the hands of a receiver and went right into the DBs bread basket. Maybe that 2009 game wasn't that good, but the 2010 season was a good one.

The post was about his "starts". I could not get game stats for 2009. He played in 3 games and started once according to NFL.Com. Didn't mean to sound misleading. 0tds and 6ints is not good no matter how you slice it

I don't have any stats, but I know that Orlovsky played more than 3 games last year......which is why I don't understand why 2-1 keeps getting brought up.

Your right. Orlovsky played in 8 games and started 5. Meaning he actually went 2-3 in games started(not 2-1) that Jemack keeps saying.

I can't believe you are actually arguing the validity of whether we should have kept Orlovsky instead of trading for Stanton. Sometimes I think people just make up arguments just for the sake of arguing.

And I think some people disagree just for the sake of disagreeing.

It is hard to beleave that the Colts did not have this conversation before making this trade. IMO, you can not get much worse than Painter, and Stanton's skill sets match more to what I beleave the Colts are trying to do than Painter's did with the old system.

Your right. Orlovsky played in 8 games and started 5. Meaning he actually went 2-3 in games started(not 2-1) that Jemack keeps saying.

Vs the Falcons, he came in relief of Painter ( game out of reach ) and was 4/6 20 yrd. In Jacs he went in relief of Painter ( game out of reach ) and was 7/10 67yrds.Pats he did start and was 30/37 355yrds, 2tds, 1int. Ravens he started and played poor, 17/37 136yrds 1td, 1int. Tenn he was 11/17 82 yrds 1td, 0int. Houston he was 23/41 244 yrds 1td, 0int. Jacs he was27/41 264 yrds 1td, 2ints.

My mistake, he was 2-3.

Stanton's last 4 games don't come close

Where do you keep getting 2-1 from? Or are you saying that he only had poor run support and below avg Oline in 3 of his games, and the run support and Oline were fine for the rest of them?

Sorry. I meant that the run support was terrible in all 5 of his games

Stanton looks to be closer to Orlovsky than he does Painter. He's a true second string QB a guy who might be able to play in a pinch but isn't good enough to be a starter. Painter just didn't have enough talent to be in the NFL and if he did it was as a number three QB at most. I felt bad for him he did the best job he could it's not his fault the Colts kept sending him out there every week.

Stanton looks to be closer to Orlovsky than he does Painter. He's a true second string QB a guy who might be able to play in a pinch but isn't good enough to be a starter. Painter just didn't have enough talent to be in the NFL and if he did it was as a number three QB at most. I felt bad for him he did the best job he could it's not his fault the Colts kept sending him out there every week.

Save some of those feelings for Stanton. His career Qb raiting is 3 whole points higher than Painter's. But he has won a game.

No one can be bad as Painter as an backup. Grant it, I bet Painter is the nicest guy and down to earth. But he just sucks at the NFL and as a backup even. Nothing wrong with that, there are a lot of guys that are nice. But can't get the job done at the pro levels.

I hear Painter and Stanton are both very nice people. What they also have common is lack of playing time (well, I guess Painter now has him beat there) and they both have Qb ratings in the low 60's. But Stanton has won 2 games.

Neither have a body of work to make a real difference. Here's what Stanton did the last time he played:

"During the 2010 season, Drew Stanton saw action again as Matt Stafford and Shaun Hill went down with injuries. He came in as relief for Shaun Hill against the Giants and went 19 for 34 for 222 yards, a touchdown and an interception. He made his second career start against the Bears in week 13 and went 16 for 24 for 178 yards and one touchdown. He started the next game against the Green Bay Packers and lead the Lions to a victory with a 13 yard TD pass to Will Heller. Drew also got the Lions their first road win in over 3 years, leading them to a 23-20 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers."

Not bad when given the chance.

Well this shows that Stanton had a definite better win record with Detroit that Orlovsky had, by only one, but better. Wouldn't have been upset ifr Orlovsky stayed, but predicted he would be gone along with Painter. With the changes and pickups, don't think Orlovsky would have made the cut after training camp, but we won't know that now.

MOVING FORWARD AT WARP SPEED.

Neither have a body of work to make a real difference. Here's what Stanton did the last time he played:

"During the 2010 season, Drew Stanton saw action again as Matt Stafford and Shaun Hill went down with injuries. He came in as relief for Shaun Hill against the Giants and went 19 for 34 for 222 yards, a touchdown and an interception. He made his second career start against the Bears in week 13 and went 16 for 24 for 178 yards and one touchdown. He started the next game against the Green Bay Packers and lead the Lions to a victory with a 13 yard TD pass to Will Heller. Drew also got the Lions their first road win in over 3 years, leading them to a 23-20 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers."

Not bad when given the chance.

Well this shows that Stanton had a definite better win record with Detroit that Orlovsky had, by only one, but better. Wouldn't have been upset ifr Orlovsky stayed, but predicted he would be gone along with Painter. With the changes and pickups, don't think Orlovsky would have made the cut after training camp, but we won't know that now.

I think Orlovsky was coming into his own. He threw a fantastic game against the pats. Suffered in Balt where the rushing was under 50 yrd., Did well against Houston and Tenn., and suffered a set back with Jacks where the rushing was under 60 yrds.

And just as important, these are recent games. Not 1 good game in 2010 as in Stanton's case