Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mock Draft 4.0 (3/22/12)

Team Needs: QB, WR, TE, OG, DE, NT, CB

*Note: In this mock, we do not trade Freeney*

Round 1 Pick 1: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

-I read that Luck looked fantastic at his pro day today. Good things ahead Colts fans.

Round 2 Pick 2: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

- Gilmore has good height to cover tall receivers. Cornerback has been a need for us and we address it with this pick.

Round 3 Pick 1: Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson

- Tight end is a need with Clark leaving. Dwayne Allen has first round talent, but after a average pro day and a bad senior bowl, his stock will fall and we will draft him with this pick.

Round 4: Pick 2: Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor

- Colts need a NT to help with Pagano's 3-4 defense. Jean-Baptiste is my steal pick of the draft.

Round 5: Pick 1: Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina

- Wide receiver is still a need even though we resigned Wayne.

Round 6: Pick 2: Levy Adcock, OT, Oklahoma St.

- Another sleeper pick, I would move him to right tackle and have Justice at guard.

Round 6: Compensatory Pick: Evan Rodriguez, FB/TE, Temple

- Another tight end will be needed just incase Tamme leaves, also a solid fullback.

Round 7: Pick 1: J.R Sweezy, DE, North Carolina St.

- Just for depth. Could turn out to be a average player.

Round 7: Compensatory Pick: Bobby Rainey, RB, Western Kentucky

- With Addai gone, we need some depth at running back.

I like it a lot...I'm not the biggest fan of Gilmore and would prefer Boykin, Hosley, or Hayward to him but perhaps not at that spot. I feel the same way about Dwight Jones but I wouldn't mind him as much if we were able to get him in the 5th.

Not a huge fan of this draft. Some reaches like Baptiste and would MUCH rather have WR AJ Jenkins with that pick. Mine would look like this if we didnt trade Freeney...

1-QB Andrew Luck

2-TE Coby Fleener orCB Dre Kirkpatrick

3- NT Alameda Ta'amu

4- WR AJ Jenkins

4(comp for Session)- CB Leanord Johnson

Not a huge fan of this draft. Some reaches like Baptiste and would MUCH rather have WR AJ Jenkins with that pick. Mine would look like this if we didnt trade Freeney...

1-QB Andrew Luck

3- NT Alameda Ta'amu

4- WR AJ Jenkins

i want fleener too, but after his pro day i cant see him getting out of the first round

i dont want us waiting that long to get a wr. 4th round at most

Why we got Collie in the 4th and Garcon in the 6th. You can get good talent at the WR spot in the mid to later rounds. With Reggie back we don't have to get a future number one guy and if needed Collie can be a number two WR. What we need is someone who can stretch the field. If that guys in there in round two or three of course you pull the trigger but if you get him in the middle to later rounds like Garcon great.

Why we got Collie in the 4th and Garcon in the 6th. You can get good talent at the WR spot in the mid to later rounds. With Reggie back we don't have to get a future number one guy and if needed Collie can be a number two WR. What we need is someone who can stretch the field. If that guys in there in round two or three of course you pull the trigger but if you get him in the middle to later rounds like Garcon great.

because after wayne and collie our wrs are very thin. blair white we dont know if he can play or was just a product of peyton

because after wayne and collie our wrs are very thin. blair white we dont know if he can play or was just a product of peyton

I agree we need a WR or two. I am just saying we can get them later in the draft if needed. Right now worst case we start Wayne and Collie. No they aren't Marvin and Wayne in their prime but they are pretty good combo. We do need someone to stretch the field though but like we found Garcon late the Colts might be able to find another player like that late. With that said if a speedy WR is there in round 2 or 3 I am not going to object to the Colts taking him.

I agree we need a WR or two. I am just saying we can get them later in the draft if needed. Right now worst case we start Wayne and Collie. No they aren't Marvin and Wayne in their prime but they are pretty good combo. We do need someone to stretch the field though but like we found Garcon late the Colts might be able to find another player like that late. With that said if a speedy WR is there in round 2 or 3 I am not going to object to the Colts taking him.

I can't state this enough (BTW I agree with you), but we need to get AJ Jenkins in the 4th. I agree that we shouldn't spend a top 3 round pick on a WR, when we have Reggie for 3 more years and Austin Collie. I see that 2nd round spot for CB or TE if Tamme isn't there. I say if the Colts take a "falling" WR like a Kendell Wright, I wouldn't be that upset, but if they reach, I'll be ticked.

I can't state this enough (BTW I agree with you), but we need to get AJ Jenkins in the 4th. I agree that we shouldn't spend a top 3 round pick on a WR, when we have Reggie for 3 more years and Austin Collie. I see that 2nd round spot for CB or TE if Tamme isn't there. I say if the Colts take a "falling" WR like a Kendell Wright, I wouldn't be that upset, but if they reach, I'll be ticked.

I think the Colts might just not be interested in Tamme. I think in the offense Pagano wants put in he wants bigger more traditional tightends and Tamme doesn't really fit that mold. Eldridge probably does though now the question is can he stay healthy.

I think the Colts might just not be interested in Tamme. I think in the offense Pagano wants put in he wants bigger more traditional tightends and Tamme doesn't really fit that mold. Eldridge probably does though now the question is can he stay healthy.

i agree. i think pagano wants to be able to run the ball effectively and that means blocking TEs that can also catch when the situation arises.

1-QB Andrew Luck

3- NT Alameda Ta'amu

4- WR AJ Jenkins

Neither Fleener nor Dre K. will be available at that point. I like the Ta'amu pick.

Team Needs: QB, WR, TE, OG, DE, NT, CB

*Note: In this mock, we do not trade Freeney*

Round 1 Pick 1: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

-I read that Luck looked fantastic at his pro day today. Good things ahead Colts fans.

Round 2 Pick 2: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

- Gilmore has good height to cover tall receivers. Cornerback has been a need for us and we address it with this pick.

Round 3 Pick 1: Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson

- Tight end is a need with Clark leaving. Dwayne Allen has first round talent, but after a average pro day and a bad senior bowl, his stock will fall and we will draft him with this pick.

Round 4: Pick 2: Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor

- Colts need a NT to help with Pagano's 3-4 defense. Jean-Baptiste is my steal pick of the draft.

Round 5: Pick 1: Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina

- Wide receiver is still a need even though we resigned Wayne.

Round 6: Pick 2: Levy Adcock, OT, Oklahoma St.

- Another sleeper pick, I would move him to right tackle and have Justice at guard.

Round 6: Compensatory Pick: Evan Rodriguez, FB/TE, Temple

- Another tight end will be needed just incase Tamme leaves, also a solid fullback.

Round 7: Pick 1: J.R Sweezy, DE, North Carolina St.

- Just for depth. Could turn out to be a average player.

Round 7: Compensatory Pick: Bobby Rainey, RB, Western Kentucky

- With Addai gone, we need some depth at running back.

We don't have pick 2 in the 6th round anymore. We have Justice and Stanton and the Jag's 7th rounder instead.

Have you seen Dwayne Allens Game tape. He can't even really be classified as a Tight end. Check out 4:42 of this vid

lmao @ 4:42. Why can't he be classified as a TE? because he was utilized as more of a blocker or because he face-planted while waiting for the snap?