Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Forum Elite League 2020 Season

11 minutes ago, Statiik82 said:

Hey! Is it too late? I have been swamped the past month and haven't logged on at all.

Apologize about the delay guys, if I am too late I understand.

But, if it is still open I am 100% in! 

Based on the rules, yes, you’re in. Better late than never. Is your email still the same or has it changed? PM me the best email you can definitely be reached at, I’ll send an invite no later than tomorrow. No more delays please. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to pile, but at what point would we want to consider not dropping the lowest two in our league (this year only)?  If the league suspends or cancels, I’m assuming we are all in agreement we would do the same.  If a team has to reschedule, depending on when, it could really complicate things for us.  I’m actually in favor for sticking to the results regardless (fair or not).  I just think it worth discussing before games and results happen.  Don’t want any hard feelings.  Also never been a fan of “playing it by ear”.

27 minutes ago, spoonfish said:

Not to pile, but at what point would we want to consider not dropping the lowest two in our league (this year only)?  If the league suspends or cancels, I’m assuming we are all in agreement we would do the same.  If a team has to reschedule, depending on when, it could really complicate things for us.  I’m actually in favor for sticking to the results regardless (fair or not).  I just think it worth discussing before games and results happen.  Don’t want any hard feelings.  Also never been a fan of “playing it by ear”.

I’m not sure. It’s hard to make everyone happy. We have finally accomplished the goal of getting the top 2 in Joes league. The 3rd and 4th place guys in Joes league aren’t available and responding respectively. So I’m leaving the door open for one of the bottom two. Yes, I’m no fan of rewarding the bottom two either but since I’m still holding out for @Rich Cannon, I might as well keep @Valpo2004 as Plan B and @SteelCityColt as Plan C. 

I would encourage guys like @Jared Cisneros to join the Joes league to do it the “legalistic” way so to speak. Same for others that feel they’re good enough to be and beat the best.

3 minutes ago, spoonfish said:

Sorry I meant at the end of this season.  I’m trying to prevent additional headaches where some complains the results aren’t fair due to COVID.  I just wanted to make sure everyone is on the same page.

We have expanded the bench. 3 starting WRs went out for @Juanjo after the first round of playoffs last year, still made The Finals, this was without Covid. Sh@@ happens, not accepting any whining.

12 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I've had to remove some posts that had gone way off topic and turned into personal bickering. Let's try and keep this topic just to league matters and keep it civil please. 

On that note then, correct me if I'm wrong @chad72, you're just waiting on @Valpo2004 to answer? Not that I have a say (currently anyway) but suggest the league agrees a cut off date to finalise who is in/out? 

Yep, August 30th

This is the final list I have. I am going to use the list of names below to randomize the draft order by using a randomizer and 3 sorts.

Virtuoso80

Juanjo

Bluefire4

IndyD4U

Spoonfish

Chad72

Chucklez

onebad150

Btown_Colt

Korey

Statiik82

Team12 (might be @Rich Cannon or @Valpo2004 or @SteelCityColt)

I am going to set up a GoToMeeting for the same. Let me know which one of you would like to view the randomization and I can send the invite to you so that you can see that the order I arrive at, LIVE, is what I will post here, just to ensure transparency.

37 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

I think we trust you after all this time in the league! Just want to know the order to start mocking as crazy :rock:

Thanks for the endorsement, Juan. I went ahead and randomized it 3 times, and this was the draft order (not a fan of my spot, got CMC at #3 last year):

@Virtuoso80

@Btown_Colt

@onebad150

@spoonfish

@IndyD4U

@chad72

@Statiik82

@Korey

Team12 - @Rich Cannon or @Valpo2004 or @SteelCityColt

@Bluefire4

@Chucklez

@Juanjo

Happy mocking till September 3rd, 6 pm ET!!! I copied and pasted the screen shot of my randomization as well, blacked out my IP for security reasons.

image.thumb.png.523142fb43900c132e3b9fd19fa43701.png

1 minute ago, Juanjo said:

My trust got a small hit when you randomized me to the last spot :funny:

Hey, I think that is a good spot because you have #1 waiver priority each of the first 8 weeks till you decide to use it. Plus, that is why I copied and pasted my randomization screenshot with my IP blacked out. :) 

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hey, I think that is a good spot because you have #1 waiver priority each of the first 8 weeks till you decide to use it. Plus, that is why I copied and pasted my randomization screenshot with my IP blacked out. :) 

Just a joke! I love drafting in the last spot, I love the double pick in the turn of the first round. And with a 1st waiver... So happy!

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Thanks for the endorsement, Juan. I went ahead and randomized it 3 times, and this was the draft order (not a fan of my spot, got CMC at #3 last year):

@Virtuoso80

@Btown_Colt

@onebad150

@spoonfish

@IndyD4U

@chad72

@Statiik82

@Korey

Team12 - @Rich Cannon or @Valpo2004 or @SteelCityColt

@Bluefire4

@Chucklez

@Juanjo

Happy mocking till September 3rd, 6 pm ET!!! I copied and pasted the screen shot of my randomization as well, blacked out my IP for security reasons.

image.thumb.png.523142fb43900c132e3b9fd19fa43701.png

I’ll trade spots with you if you’d like!

23 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I’ll trade spots with you if you’d like!

Hey, got to honor the randomizer. I’m sure you can figure a strategy out by mocking enough, I’ve seen you play. Sometimes it takes a few risks. 2 extra bench spots gives everyone options, I’m realizing. Plus it’s a bit of luck in FF.

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hey, got to honor the randomizer. I’m sure you can figure a strategy out by mocking enough, I’ve seen you play. Sometimes it takes a few risks. 2 extra bench spots gives everyone options, I’m realizing. Plus it’s a bit of luck in FF.

I was just messing with ya...I do like being in the middle though. Seems every time I get a 1 or 2 pick the player gets injured.

40 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I was just messing with ya...I do like being in the middle though. Seems every time I get a 1 or 2 pick the player gets injured.

If your other guys had showed up, Barkley had a monster game on championship weekend, if you had gotten there. Luck has a way of correcting itself over time.

48 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I will play in the Elite league if the spot is still open.

Thanks

Can you do me a favor and check back on August 30th? I told everyone I will keep the spot open for @Rich Cannon first till August 30th and then it will be you in the pecking order.

I want to stay true to that if that is OK with you. 

On 8/24/2020 at 6:31 PM, Btown_Colt said:

I think I picked 1st the 1st year I got in the elite league, and then won the championship.  It's pretty much luck hoping the players stay healthy.  I believe I picked Gurley 1st that year, but it also helped that I had him paired with Mahomes that year too.

58 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Didn’t know where else to ask this but what y’all think about mack being behind Taylor and Hines for fantasy rankings? He’s like 130 something.. crazzzzy

Good question!!! Probably how most folks think how things will shape up by the end of the season. If it is a full blown timeshare, which it could be like Addai and Rhodes, Taylor is a bit too high and Mack is definitely lower, both by probably a round.

Place your questions moving forward here:

So, for the past several years, I've came here and made a post about how I am going to regain my supremacy in this league this year and once again be on top. Every year that I have done this my team has succumbed to many challenges and I've found myself usually mid-pack.

I'm not one to break tradition so....

I'm just letting you all know that you're doomed. IndyD4U will once again lay the smack down on all ya'll :rock:

• 1 month later...

I was doing terrible to start with anyways, but my team has been absolutely decimated by injury in one week.

- Chubb, out for at least 6 weeks.
- Ekeler, out for at least 4-6 weeks

My now starting RB is Devin Singletary.... and no one else.

Hello average Joes league for 2021/2022....

3 hours ago, Chucklez said:

I was doing terrible to start with anyways, but my team has been absolutely decimated by injury in one week.

- Chubb, out for at least 6 weeks.
- Ekeler, out for at least 4-6 weeks

My now starting RB is Devin Singletary.... and no one else.

Hello average Joes league for 2021/2022....

I know the feeling, I have Drake and Ekeler in another league and had to make a trade to give up Mark Ingram for Chase Edmonds. Drake either loses his job or Edmonds gets more reps, is what I anticipate. It is a chance you take.

You have to keep fighting. You do know that even if you finish (say) 2-11 at the end of the season, you have a loser's bracket and unless you finish Bottom 2 in that loser's bracket, you will not be Bottom 2 truly. That keeps everyone playing waivers, being engaged. So, a guy that finishes 8th, if he runs into bad luck in the loser's bracket, could end up in the Bottom 2.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I know the feeling, I have Drake and Ekeler in another league and had to make a trade to give up Mark Ingram for Chase Edmonds. Drake either loses his job or Edmonds gets more reps, is what I anticipate. It is a chance you take.

You have to keep fighting. You do know that even if you finish (say) 2-11 at the end of the season, you have a loser's bracket and unless you finish Bottom 2 in that loser's bracket, you will not be Bottom 2 truly. That keeps everyone playing waivers, being engaged. So, a guy that finishes 8th, if he runs into bad luck in the loser's bracket, could end up in the Bottom 2.

Oh dont worry i wasnt gonna just outright quit! Im not that guy. Ruins it for everyone else.

• 2 months later...

Archived