Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'll Say This

Ohio Colt

Griffin is the better QB, I'll say what ppl don't wanna say... ppl feel safe with Luck because of his size, and that he moves like and even runs like Peyton a bit... AND he's white..... and i get that.

Regardless, Griffin is better not because of his pro day or his hype but he is one heck of a play maker, and makes plays when it counts.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think expectations will be VERY high for Griffy as well.The Skins gave up A LOT of picks.

I don't know what people expect either since most are calling this team to suck the next few seasons. I hope the Colts can build a balanced team and compete hard win or lose. Luck will be a part of this and hopefully rise to the occasion when called needed.

I think we may win more games then expected if this thing gels sooner then later.

That does make sense. I just think people expect more out of Luck this G, I think people will be people. If Luck does good they will all be like, OH I knew it, i knew he would be good. If he does bad they will say the opposite. People are just like that. They always want to appear to know everything.

That does make sense. I just think people expect more out of Luck this G, I think people will be people. If Luck does good they will all be like, OH I knew it, i knew he would be good. If he does bad they will say the opposite. People are just like that. They always want to appear to know everything.

When Luck throws his first pick in the NFL there will be mass hysteria.

What the heck, just trade the No.1 pick to the Browns who are still hurting that they could not pull off a trade with the Redskins, they will give you what you want. Then, turn around and draft Brandon Weeden with the Browns' second pick, Morris Claiborne with their first pick, and if we suck so bad again, Matt Barkley is always there in 2013 plus the gazillion picks from the trade, right? :) :)

Griffin is the better QB, I'll say what ppl don't wanna say... ppl feel safe with Luck because of his size, and that he moves like and even runs like Peyton a bit... AND he's white..... and i get that.

Regardless, Griffin is better not because of his pro day or his hype but he is one heck of a play maker, and makes plays when it counts.

i do not really watch a lot of college ball. I will tell you that. I pay attention when it comes time to draft. i have watched video upon video of both Luck and G. My conclusions were that Luck is obviously more the traditional qb. G is different and really exciting to watch on tape. I feel like Luck with his knowledge and system he has already played, he also has attended Peyton's football camp. They are just more comfortable with him and it is the most rational option. I do not think it has anything at all to do with him being white.

Luck gives me Aaron Rodgers vibes.

You can't go wrong with Aaron Rodgers vibes folks. You just can't.

He does for me too. But what we did not get to observe was Rodgers in his first 4 years, so he was probably more polished and more ready when he got his chance, and the balls were zipped with confidence. I would rather Luck start off like Matty ice, with great running game and TE help, and then further his years like Aaron Rodgers, how about that trade off? :)

He does for me too. But what we did not get to observe was Rodgers in his first 4 years, so he was probably more polished and more ready when he got his chance, and the balls were zipped with confidence. I would rather Luck start off like Matty ice, with great running game and TE help, and then further his years like Aaron Rodgers, how about that trade off? :)

Sounds like a plan!!

As they always say, when a guy is in shorts throwing to his own receivers, he better hit every throw.

I am not bagging on RGIII. But he did run a read option, single read spread offense at Baylor. He has the smarts to translate to the NFL, but if he mind doesn't process a read in time, he is throwing pick 6 instead of completions.

I think RGIII is a fine prospect. I put his potential in there with all the QBs drafted last year. I just feel Luck could potentially be close to Peyton Manning with wheels. It is a no brainer. And before someone gets on the "we don't know. He hasn't throw a pass in the NFL". I got that. This is all speculative. I coach football and I have watched both QBs a lot, and I think Luck is about as close as a sure thing as Peyton was coming out. RGIII could very well be a more accurate Michael Vick.

Arent we trying to move away from a peyton like offense? We want more smash mouth football. I dont want this team to be built around one guy like it was the last 15 years. Even tho these last 15 years have been some of the greatest years. I personally love what RG3 brings to the table. He can make every throw. he has one of the more accurate deep balls i have ever seen. He can throw great to either side of the field. Since day one i have thought that Luck is overrated. People on here seem to think that that way of thinking should get you locked up in an institution.

I agree. How many SBs did we win with Peyton again?

Lets be honest here--and I'm still wanting Luck as I type this--but it's more than a good pro day. I watched RG3 all NCAA season long. The guy has shined game in and game out. Like the story said his game tape doesn't show any weakness either. It's more than just today.

I'm glad there is another person on this thread who thinks RGIII is really, really good.

I'm not torn between Luck or RGIII. I would be happy with either one. It's not my decision or anyone's decision on here to make.

I just want a strong TEAM to go with whoever our new QB is.

How dare you say stuff that makes sense on this thread! You should be banned! :manning: LOL! They haven't taken Manning off here yet.

Irsay has already chosen Luck. Like several months ago.

It would be stunning if he went against his original plan.

Believe me, this RG3 noise is just to create topics leading to the draft.

I agree. That first interview where he was talking about having the 1st pick he pretty much said we were going to draft Luck. At least that is how I took it.

This so called RGIII noise as you call it is because people are taking notice of him and he is that good. He has climbed all the way up to be in the #1 pick conversation.

This so called RGIII noise as you call it is because people are taking notice of him and he is that good. He has climbed all the way up to be in the #1 pick conversation.

I don't think people just started to notice Rg3 now.

i do not really watch a lot of college ball. I will tell you that. I pay attention when it comes time to draft. i have watched video upon video of both Luck and G. My conclusions were that Luck is obviously more the traditional qb. G is different and really exciting to watch on tape. I feel like Luck with his knowledge and system he has already played, he also has attended Peyton's football camp. They are just more comfortable with him and it is the most rational option. I do not think it has anything at all to do with him being white.

Luck going to peytons camp or knowing a system wont help him cause Peyton isn't there and it Wont be the same system. But yes he is partly the safer pick because he's white.. fact is most very successful QBs are white and they tend to be more well reserved... and its true.. but Griffins military background makes him different as well as his demeanor.

Ask vick, Vince, Russell, troy smith that.... none of them are like Griffin other than the fact that they can scramble, not to mention Vicksburg arm.

Jules you keep telling yourself that lol... the colts may pick luck but I would vet you anything irsay has not chosen who he wants yet.

Luck going to Lettings can or knowing a system wont help him cause Peyton isn't there and it Wont be the same system. But yes he is partly the safer pick because he's white.. fact is most very successful QBs are white and they tend to be more well reserved... and its true.. but Griffins military background makes him different as well as his demeanor.

Ask vick, Vince, Russell, troy smith that.... none of them are like Griffin other than the fact that they can scramble, not to mention Vicksburg arm.

If Luck was exactly the same as he is now but black it would make no difference. We would still be picking Luck. Sorry just do not want this to turn into some race debate. I don't think it has a thing to do with it. We all have different opinions though, it's all good. It is true most of the successful qb's are white but I don't think it matters.

Jules you keep telling yourself that lol... the colts may pick luck but I would vet you anything irsay has not chosen who he wants yet.

Someone already did.

But, minds can change but believe me. I tried to let you guys know Pey-Luck was never gonna happen either in subtle ways that I don't think many caught onto.

Luck has been the pick for some time unless something drastic changes. And unless Luck gets hit by a car before the draft.

Someone already did.

But, minds can change but believe me. I tried to let you guys know Pey-Luck was never gonna happen either in subtle ways that I don't think many caught onto.

Luck has been the pick for some time unless something drastic changes. And unless Luck gets hit by a car before the draft.

Luck would sidestep the car while making it total itself while juggling a gatorade bottle downtown off of Meridian street

If Luck was exactly the same as he is now but black it would make no difference. We would still be picking Luck. Sorry just do not want this to turn into some race debate. I don't think it has a thing to do with it. We all have different opinions though, it's all good. It is true most of the successful qb's are white but I don't think it matters.

Lol I can guarantee you if he was it would be Griffin going first... nothing separates them other than they ran different offenses. N that doesn't matter one bit in the NFL.

I can get into all this its a background factor thing but, yea its all good they both are great prospects

this is what I don't get if he is the most NFL ready why should we have to wait for him to be better than rg3?

That is one person's opinion.

The reason he thinks that is because if the play breaks down, RG3 is better at using his feet.

We don't want that.

Someone already did.

That link you keep showing I believe he was asked ABOUT luck... doesn't say that in the article but irsay isn't stupid... he wouldn't tell it like that.

Like the redskins owner said "last time I checked colts haven't said who they'll pick yet"

I don't doubt RGIII is going to be a very good QB and I'm proud of him. ANY other draft and he is the guy I select. But Andrew Luck is a lock. Peyton Manning size & brains with Tim Tebow legs & strength.

Side by side they stack up well....but 6'1" 220 versus 6'4" 235 is a big deal to me.

Peyton is a little taller and lighter. In fact to me they seem to have completely different body types, and Luck spends a lot of his time playing kind of hunched over, and rolling out like an option QB. Aside from the comments that I've heard about him being allowed to change plays at the line of scrimmage, he's never reminded me of Peyton in the slightest.

I have nothing against the guy, and I'm fine if the Colts decide that he's the best choice, but assuming that he's Peyton 2.0 is very likely a recipe for pain.

That link you keep showing I believe he was asked ABOUT luck... doesn't say that in the article but irsay isn't stupid... he wouldn't tell it like that.

Like the redskins owner said "last time I checked colts haven't said who they'll pick yet"

Who says I am talking about that link?

And of course that is what the Skins owner says. He probably hopes we make a mistake and don't take Luck too.

BTW looks good on ya son.

468358264_medium.jpg

If those clowns (as well as NFLN) were really interested in improving the entertainment for the fan in watching the draft, they would stop it with the phone-cam crap that kills the suspense.

How great would it be to learn the picks during the commissioners announcement instead of a minute before. Even though they have to realize this, as quasi-journalists they want to be the first to report it, if even by a few seconds.

If either NFLN or ESPN advertised that they weren't going to reveal the next pick, I would watch that channel during the draft. How do we go about informing these greedy * of this?

I hate that! I second this! Wheres the fun in knowing before?? Suspense would be great. Also if they show RG3 on the phone crying I would be too. Maybe I'll mute it and look away until someone else in the room clears it for me.

Who says I am talking about that link?

And of course that is what the Skins owner says. He probably hopes we make a mistake and don't take Luck too.

BTW looks good on ya son.

468358264_medium.jpg

That is what your talking about lol, colts aren't gonna make a mistake if they take Griffin its gimme be the right choice there's no wrongs. Wonder how lucks arm strength I'd gonna affect him in his 30s... you can bet the colts thought about that. Lol

They're both great prospects, but IMHO RG3 is a lot more personable.

Those pro days are just workouts in shorts, you go by their body of work. Luck wins there.

Luck also seems to have that Peyton like obsession, like a highly functional aspergers.

Just taking what Merrill Hoge said, since it echoes what those who think RG3 is better are saying. In his opinion RG3 has better arm strength, is more accurate, and throws a better deep ball. He also says Luck is very good in those areas, but he thinks RG3 is a little better. However, he says Luck makes better decisions at the line of scrimmage.

Let's just say that is all a correct assessment. The fact that Hoge and some others don't seem to understand is decision making at the line of scrimmage is the most important aspect of QB play. You can't just say RG3 is better in 3 areas, Luck is better in 1, so 3-1 RG3 wins. It's Luck's decision making and preparation that set him apart.

What has set Peyton apart from other quarterbacks? Not his arm strength, accuracy, or ability to throw the deep ball, although he does all those things very well. His #1 attribute is his intelligence and decision making abilities.

Lol I can guarantee you if he (Luck) was (black) it would be Griffin going first... nothing separates them other than they ran different offenses. N that doesn't matter one bit in the NFL.

I can get into all this its a background factor thing but, yea its all good they both are great prospects

That is absolutely *ic.

Lol I can guarantee you if he was it would be Griffin going first... nothing separates them other than they ran different offenses. N that doesn't matter one bit in the NFL.

That is absolutely *ic.

I'm out of likes but I totally agree. Did not want to argue with anyone but quite ridiculous to me.

Some people are just going to fall back on that kind of statement if you don't agree with them. It's really pretty sad.

Why change your mind now? I mean going back to last season I had a feeling Luck was almost meant to be on the Colts.

RG3 might end up great in the pros but I have felt for some time that Luck was our man.

L :blueshoe: ck

Go with your hunch on who you think really is the right fit for this team and to follow in Peyton's foot steps.

I gather from the Skins forum too that the Redskins orginzation is pretty smitten with RG3 the way they talk. They want RG3. Irsay and more Colts fans want Luck.