Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TUA combine update

He doesn’t have to worry about the combine, or the Alabama Scheduled Pro Day.

For a player of Tua’s caliber the NFL will do a medical re-check in Mid-April.  Plus, Alabama can throw a second Pro Day if they like.   Every team will show up.  They can do it right after the medicals are done. 

10 minutes ago, KB said:

Say his medical dosnt go well, he makes it out of the first round, and we didnt pick a qb at 13. Would you still take him at 34 and have him sit until fully healthy?

Depends on how negative the medical issues are...if they're "fixable" in a relatively short period of time, I'd be fine with picking him with one of the two 2nd round picks...less risk for possible high reward and we still get a stud player at 13.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KB said:

Say his medical dosnt go well, he makes it out of the first round, and we didnt pick a qb at 13. Would you still take him at 34 and have him sit until fully healthy?

he will only fall to the second if his prognosis is pretty bad imo.  i would just pass if hes that iffy to recover 

its looking more likely he will be cleared and go pretty high 

5 hours ago, KB said:

For him to slip out of the first round his medical would have to be a disaster. He's the only QB I would even think about trading up for (not counting Burrows as he's a given at 1)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KB said:

I would! I watched Tua read defenses and respond accordingly. Short, medium, and long passes were good and he can run if flushed from the pocket. In the NFL he has to be taught to throw the ball away, if need be, rather than hanging on to a broken play, so he doesn't get injured. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Another indication that he will likely be a very early 1st rd pick which is good for the Colts.  

Good for the Colts????

He's the only REAL option at QB behind Burrows.    

How is that good for the Colts?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Good for the Colts????

He's the only REAL option at QB behind Burrows.    

How is that good for the Colts?

Because Love-lovers want his injury recovery outlook to be good so he's selected early.... subsequently moving Love closer to the #13 spot.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Love= over rated

I agree.... I'm just giving you the rationale for the Love-lovers.

Personally.... I hope him, Tua and Herbert all join Burrow in the Top 10, pushing "best in breed" DTs and if Castonzo taps out, pushing top OTs our way.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

I agree.... I'm just giving you the rationale for the Love-lovers.

Personally.... I hope him, Tua and Herbert all join Burrow in the Top 10, pushing "best in breed" DTs and if Castonzo taps out, pushing top OTs our way.

Yep . Agree totally.  Build the trenches!   There is some real talent on the DL/OL in the early rounds 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

I honestly hope it isn’t bad, but there are still some question marks. If he is certain to make it back within a year but still has questions, he could drop to 13 and would be the easiest choice ever IMO

If he had questions that drop him to 13, it will be because the questions are if he will ever play..... Not if it's going to take longer to recover.... That would disqualify it from being the easiest choice ever, imo...

I seriously doubt Tua makes it past the Dolphins pick. They can keep Fitzpatrick for one more year and let Tua use this season as a redshirt year to recover and learn from Fitzpatrick. I would be really shocked if they pass on him. If the Dolphins pass then I would be worried that his medicals didn't come back as good as expected.

21 hours ago, KB said:

Uh yeah, so long as it isn't career-ending.  If he has to sit a year I'd still take him in the 2nd.

14 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I seriously doubt Tua makes it past the Dolphins pick. They can keep Fitzpatrick for one more year and let Tua use this season as a redshirt year to recover and learn from Fitzpatrick. I would be really shocked if they pass on him. If the Dolphins pass then I would be worried that his medicals didn't come back as good as expected.

He even said in one of the interviews I watched yesterday he doesn’t mind sitting a year and learning the game. He said it would be good for him.

I would mostly worry about arthritis settling in that him or him playing on the hard turf at the LOS. Would be interesting if he fell. Would Ballard take the risk.