Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Excited About Direction We Seem To Be Heading

unitaswestand

For the most part, you're correct. However fans should temper their expectations, not concentrate on W/L records, but rather focus on individual players. Who works, who doesn't. Who we keep, who we discard. If we don't win a single stinking game, I will not be discouraged as long as I see progress in key areas.

I got a feeling we're gonna be surprised by the defense and this year is gonna be one of those cases where people refer to our team by saying "The defense carried this team".

Yep, very fair points. If we aren't chasing down a wild card for instance, player development is more important than wins.

Not suggesting we 'suck for xxxxxx' next year are you?......this place would implode if you were.....

Actually yes ... he did only have ONE "great" season. And 2 other "good" seasons. All the while playing against he NCAA's worst D conf. The mighty Big 12.

Luck vs Ok St...... 27 of 31 for 347 and 2 TD's and 1 INT ... Kicker lost game for them 2x

RG3 vs Ok St...... 33 of 50 for 425 and 1 TD and 2 INT ... blow out loss.

Shows you how biased you are lol... and your actually wrong... Griffin actually beat Oklahoma WITH a comeback and he had 4tds with 400+ yds....

Yep, very fair points. If we aren't chasing down a wild card for instance, player development is more important than wins.

I'd take a Cinderella season, sure. But not likely. Too many variables floating about, too much movement on all levels. To do anything but fail would be unprecedented in light of said moves.

Not suggesting we 'suck for xxxxxx' next year are you?......this place would implode if you were.....

Those whom championed that line may as well have been saying "Suck to fire Manning". Not as catchy, it doesn't rhyme, but quite accurate as it turns out.

If Luck is still here in 6 years I'll admit we did the right thing.

And this you know how exactly? You been in on calls the Colts have fielded inquiring about the pick?

you really believe that if we did offer a team a chance to pick luck we wouldnt get more then a team trying to get RGIII

I hope that Luck and Griffin both turn out to be great prospects and I think each of them have different talents that they bring to the table. Luck brings a knowledge, accurate, traditional approach to the game where we bootlegs out and has the power and accuracy to make any throw in the field. RG3 has a more mobile approach, he brings a fast-paced Michael Vick style approach where the offense will score fast and often. I personally think that Luck would be the smarter pick for us because he will fit more with what the offense is trying to accomplish, while RG3 fits more with what Washington is trying to accomplish.
To be honest, we dont know what the offensise is going to be like. We only know they want to be good. It is going to change because of Mannining not being there. But we dont know what its going to look like.

Shows you how biased you are lol... and your actually wrong... Griffin actually beat Oklahoma WITH a comeback and he had 4tds with 400+ yds....

Shows how well you read he wasn't talking about Oklahoma he listed Oklahoma St with st = state. Not going after you for it just if you are going to start out a response with someone being biased please read what he posted correctly.

Shows how well you read he wasn't talking about Oklahoma he listed Oklahoma St with st = state. Not going after you for it just if you are going to start out a response with someone being biased please read what he posted correctly.

Missing the state part in a paragraph doesn't show how well I can read, didn't see St because I'm on my phone.

Exactly. None of the 5 that we cut have been picked up, which supports the idea that while under contract, they were not valued by other teams as desirable trade material.

Clark

Brackett

Bullitt

Addai

Painter

i think that clark and addai will have offers before the camp starts. they are just not the best at their position avaible in FA so demand isn't as high, i can see if PM goes to denver that clark will sign with them also. so there are trades that could be made a little later on and addai can be a 3rd down back or change of pace back for a team with a super star running back. say maybe the rams?

i think that clark and addai will have offers before the camp starts. they are just not the best at their position avaible in FA so demand isn't as high, i can see if PM goes to denver that clark will sign with them also. so there are trades that could be made a little later on and addai can be a 3rd down back or change of pace back for a team with a super star running back. say maybe the rams?

If any of the 5 are signed, it would be very interesting to see the value of their contracts and compare them to the contracts from which they were released with the Colts.

you really believe that if we did offer a team a chance to pick luck we wouldnt get more then a team trying to get RGIII

You did no answer the question - you said the offers for Luck would be more. Please explain how you know this as fact.

This is not hard to follow and that is nothing close to what I am saying. Try to keep up.

your right i am lost because i referred to luck's trade value being higher then RGIII because hes a better player and yet you refuse to answer whether im right or not

Griffin isn't a stupid draft pick, unlike fans teams know they are both great prospects and both very likely to succeed. Other than that the colts will definitely be much better than 2-14 I'm thinking 10-6. With a strong run game and good defense it should be great.

To me, the question is 'what is success'

There's 2 kinds of teams/. Ones than make the playoffs and ones that dont.

The second group did not succeed.

I'm not okay with just being better than 2-14

..and I cant be excited about 'not judging success by wins and losses.'

To me, the question is 'what is success'

There's 2 kinds of teams/. Ones than make the playoffs and ones that dont.

The second group did not succeed.

I'm not okay with just being better than 2-14

..and I cant be excited about 'not judging success by wins and losses.'

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that. But the colts have their work cut put for them, I honestly believe the colts are still undecided on who to pick. Both will be successful but to what extent.

I know one things is for sure about the Luck and Griffin conversation, I'm glad we didn't have to give up what Washington did to acquire one of these guys... We are very fortunate to be where we are.

Indeed we are, contrary to what many Manning fans would have us believe that were it not for our overall #1 draft pick, we would not have cut PM.