Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Friday Injury Report- Only 1 player thus far ruled out

csmopar

40 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It depends on who the player is. What is their importance to the team ect. With the depth of this team at certain positions it does allow him though to let guys get as healthy as possible. My beef with some of these comments is the way they come across  is to sit them no matter what. There were people saying to sit Leonard even though he was cleared from concussion protocol. If your best players can go they need to so you have the best chance to win. There are only 16 games. Every game should be treated like a playoff game.

Somehow you've argued both sides of an issue yet again.  I think that is how you get your post count up so high.  It's like you are both Skip and Shannon.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Somehow you've argued both sides of an issue yet again.  I think that is how you get your post count up so high.  It's like you are both Skip and Shannon.

True, along with spewing 2-3 posts (with a single sentence in each one) in a row, repeatedly, in thread after thread.

19 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Nonsense.  If the doctor and coaches clear a player to play then that player plays.  There are no giveme games in the NFL and you never know which win or loss may be important until the end of the year.

Nonsense back at you.
 The poster was talking about players that were 100% should play. Well _____DUH!
  Hooker said he was good to go but wasn't allowed to play. No he did not say he was cleared, but did say they wanted him to have another week to be healthier.

ANYONE Knows that if you are cleared you are game day ready if needed. DUH!

IMO, based on what Hooker said, i would bet he would have suited up in a Playoff game. Frank and Ballard chose to rest him another game to benefit the team in the long hall.
 See Bill Polian when we were 13-0. He rested a number of guys that were playing with too many injuries, for the betterment of the long haul.
 If that was the case, your point is Dead Wrong. 

7 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Not to get way off topic, but that is an archaic rule that has to change.  In this era of player safety, it makes no sense to have guys sit out if they’re healthy.  While an injured guy potentially has to stay in the game.

I expect that to be changed in the next CBA.  The owners won’t object since they pay the guys anyway.  The players shouldn’t object either.  Really dumb rule, left over from the “everyone has one backup” days.  

Hmmmm.....

7 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I am not sure I agree. I go back to the Pats game last year. Colts could only dress 44 “healthy” guys and Pats were fully healthy. It is a huge advantage to NE if they have 9 extra bodies. Seems a way to at least try to level the field

That's why it was created.

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I get that, and sometimes it isn’t going to be fair.  But for the most part it’s better for the players.

Let’s say you have 3 G’s active and one a healthy scratch. You have a two injuries.  Now you’re playing someone out of position, further risking your QB. (And I know that’s why the Colts value versatility, but you get my point)

I think they’ll do away with the rule and increase roster size, maybe to 55.  

People seem to want that, but I don't think the league is as for it as fans think.  In addition, the league is about competitive balance about as much as safety.  They won't change rules so things could become 'unfair' at times.

I'd really like roster expansion, but that does involved higher payroll, so that is a hard sell too.

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It depends on who the player is. What is their importance to the team ect. With the depth of this team at certain positions it does allow him though to let guys get as healthy as possible. My beef with some of these comments is the way they come across  is to sit them no matter what. There were people saying to sit Leonard even though he was cleared from concussion protocol. If your best players can go they need to so you have the best chance to win. There are only 16 games. Every game should be treated like a playoff game.

Yes.... there's nuance to these decisions on both ends of that spectrum... and we just have to trust Reich and the medical staff under this 46 man game day roster limitation.

Take Malik Hooker for example.....had his return from injury preceded a playoff game, he may have played at less than 100%... but even in the case of a division showdown with pass-happy Houston we had this....

Expected to miss “a few weeks,” according to Reich, Hooker was able to get back on the practice field last Thursday as the Colts prepared for their Week 7 matchup against the Texans.

And while Hooker had advanced to full participation by Friday’s practice, the team decided to label him as doubtful for the Texans game — and eventually hold him out of the contest — as a precaution.

“I was very close (to playing),” Hooker said. “I was over definitely 90 percent being able to play, but like I said we’re strong on the back end, so there’s no point this early in the season in trying to go out there (and) risking a setback, especially how early I was in the process. I was still only three weeks out last week.”

https://www.colts.com/news/malik-hooker-potential-return-denver-broncos

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's as relevant as remembering that Flacco has a pretty good record against the Colts.

We have had a history of making him look like an all pro. 

And he looked like a bum that leans on checkdowns with zero awareness against us. What he did several years ago is irrelevant.