Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Friday Injury Report- Only 1 player thus far ruled out

csmopar

https://www.colts.com/news/carl-davis-parris-campbell-kenny-moore-in-out-broncos-2019?fbclid=IwAR3Mq_fBXxSF5sHiNqX3xzkiK6NCg16apHS6lzyvuA8bkryE4Ty7cb5nISU

Indianapolis Colts head coach Frank Reich said today that defensive tackle Carl Davis is the only Colts player that has been ruled out of Sunday's Week 8 matchup against the Denver Broncos at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Those who will be labeled as questionable or doubtful for Sunday will be released with the team’s practice report later this afternoon.

» Davis suffered a hamstring injury midway through the fourth quarter of last Sunday’s Week 7 win over the Houston Texans, and didn’t return; he also did not participate in the first two days of practice this week. Signed by the Colts as a free agent Oct. 14, Davis last week was taking part in his first game in Indy, and had played seven defensive snaps before suffering his injury. Depending on the status of defensive end/tackle Tyquan Lewis, those in line to possibly see added time at defensive tackle in Davis’ absence include Margus Hunt and Trevon Coley, who was signed off the Ravens’ practice squad Oct. 1 and is yet to log any snaps in the Colts’ two games since.

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

This should be an easy game. Sanders was just traded so you only need to worry about Sutton. Chubb is injured so you only have to worry about Miller off the edge. Let’s just hope Lindsey doesn’t gash our DL. Everyone is healthy so there’s no excuses.

There are no "Easy Games" in the NFL.  As soon as they think or believe that, you have an "Oakland" game!   :facepalm:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We have to handle our business. I’m tired of see people say “we should sit stars” The Broncos are statistically a better team, but the record doesn’t show. This isn’t going to be a cakewalk game. We need all hands on deck. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, a06cc said:

We have to handle our business. I’m tired of see people say “we should sit stars” The Broncos are statistically a better team, but the record doesn’t show. This isn’t going to be a cakewalk game. We need all hands on deck. 

T

R

A

P

Game. at least for the fans on here. Hopefully Reich has the boys ready to go and not fall into it.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If your 100% and ready to play you play. This is just a bad mentality.

Uh, we know they aren't 100%, so maybe you are being a BAD forum poster.
 Hooker said he could have played last week. But they wouldn't let him.
  Why? Because it wasn't Wise.
    It is a long grind with one Purpose.  Maybe you could "Lighten up Frances".    

9 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Uh, we know they aren't 100%, so maybe you are being a BAD forum poster.
 Hooker said he could have played last week. But they wouldn't let him.
  Why? Because it wasn't Wise.
    It is a long grind with one Purpose.  Maybe you could "Lighten up Frances".    

Nonsense.  If the doctor and coaches clear a player to play then that player plays.  There are no giveme games in the NFL and you never know which win or loss may be important until the end of the year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Weren't you the poster who, a few weeks ago, wanted to sit any players that were iffy against the Chiefs?

I don’t think I ever said that. I would never. If I did I was joking.

The broncos aren’t as bad as their record. You play to win every game. A team is arrogant thinking they can win resting  guys that might otherwise play. There are 16 games. You have to play to win every one.

• Like 2

These next four games could very well give us the number two seed. These are like playoff games. With that injury list of KC there is a good chance they might lose the next two because they play very good teams who can run and pass the ball. If players are cleared they need to play. Are we supposed to rest everyone that dinged up the next four games because they aren’t that good of teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

This should be an easy game. Sanders was just traded so you only need to worry about Sutton. Chubb is injured so you only have to worry about Miller off the edge. Let’s just hope Lindsey doesn’t gash our DL. Everyone is healthy so there’s no excuses.

No easy games in the league. Unless it’s the Dolphins lol

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The broncos aren’t as bad as their record. You play to win every game. A team is arrogant thinking they can win resting  guys that might otherwise play. There are 16 games. You have to play to win every one.

Herm, is this true...

Ok, then. Let's go Colts!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If your 100% and ready to play you play. This is just a bad mentality.

Absolutely.  These guys want to play.  Not only are they competitors, but this is their livelihood.  They have contract incentives, literal money, riding on them playing when they're healthy.

Well said.

• Like 2

What did Polian always say and I believe it. "You're never as good you are when you win and never as bad you are when you lose". So any given Sunday a supposive bad team can jump up and bite you if are not 100% ready for them. This is the NFL most players are paid millions to play this game. So if you don't bring your A game you can and probably will be beaten it's just that simple.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Weren't you the poster who, a few weeks ago, wanted to sit any players that were iffy against the Chiefs?

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Um you did.

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Um you did.

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Um you did.

If I did I was clearly joking. It’s football players play with injuries. Once the season starts your hardly ever going to be without some knicks and bruises. I think guys that were injured did sit out that game. I bet I said it as more of a joke so no one else got hurt since everyone thought we were never going to win that game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Old Colt said:

There are no "Easy Games" in the NFL.  As soon as they think or believe that, you have an "Oakland" game!   :facepalm:

Miami is an easy game.  That is an NFL game and it will be easy.  They are one of the worst teams in history.

54 minutes ago, colt18 said:

The a Broncos are trash on offense. Joe Flacco has the awareness of a potato 

yeah, now watch him return to 2012 playoffs Joe Flacco, where he had the highest QBR of any QB in the post merger era.  

Their Oline has been sub par.  We need to keep the heat on him.  

I hear the Vic Beasley trade market is soft...

2 hours ago, colt18 said:

The a Broncos are trash on offense. Joe Flacco has the awareness of a potato 

57 minutes ago, Dasteez said:

No, I’m pretty sure Joe Flacco is a potato. He moves, throws, and has the demeanor of a spud.

Guys, stop the potato stuff. Potatoes are delicious and have feelings too. If you want to rag on a vegetable, maybe pick on a beet or something.

14 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

These next four games could very well give us the number two seed. These are like playoff games. With that injury list of KC there is a good chance they might lose the next two because they play very good teams who can run and pass the ball. If players are cleared they need to play. Are we supposed to rest everyone that dinged up the next four games because they aren’t that good of teams.

Here’s the issue.... Reich HAS to inactivate 6 more guys in addition to Carl Davis.

There’s no “mentality” problem with resting a player who is cleared but still less than 100% when you have no choice but to rest someone... depending upon how far south of 100% they are.

Reich himself said that he’ll have some tough decisions to make come game day.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/10/25/colts-injury-report-vs-broncos-almost-no-news-good-news/4045759002/

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If I did I was clearly joking. It’s football players play with injuries. Once the season starts your hardly ever going to be without some knicks and bruises. I think guys that were injured did sit out that game. I bet I said it as more of a joke so no one else got hurt since everyone thought we were never going to win that game.

yeah, your reputation on here is clearly that of a jokester. 

I recall you saying specifically that Mahomes should have been held out of the Denver game. Was that a joke too?

22 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Here’s the issue.... Reich HAS to inactivate 6 more guys in addition to Carl Davis.

There’s no “mentality” problem with resting a player who is cleared but still less than 100% when you have no choice but to rest someone... depending upon how far south of 100% they are.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/10/25/colts-injury-report-vs-broncos-almost-no-news-good-news/4045759002/

Not to get way off topic, but that is an archaic rule that has to change.  In this era of player safety, it makes no sense to have guys sit out if they’re healthy.  While an injured guy potentially has to stay in the game.

I expect that to be changed in the next CBA.  The owners won’t object since they pay the guys anyway.  The players shouldn’t object either.  Really dumb rule, left over from the “everyone has one backup” days.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not to get way off topic, but that is an archaic rule that has to change.  In this era of player safety, it makes no sense to have guys sit out if they’re healthy.  While an injured guy potentially has to stay in the game.

I expect that to be changed in the next CBA.  The owners won’t object since they pay the guys anyway.  The players shouldn’t object either.  Really dumb rule, left over from the “everyone has one backup” days.  

I am not sure I agree. I go back to the Pats game last year. Colts could only dress 44 “healthy” guys and Pats were fully healthy. It is a huge advantage to NE if they have 9 extra bodies. Seems a way to at least try to level the field. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I am not sure I agree. I go back to the Pats game last year. Colts could only dress 44 “healthy” guys and Pats were fully healthy. It is a huge advantage to NE if they have 9 extra bodies. Seems a way to at least try to level the field. 

I get that, and sometimes it isn’t going to be fair.  But for the most part it’s better for the players.

Let’s say you have 3 G’s active and one a healthy scratch. You have a two injuries.  Now you’re playing someone out of position, further risking your QB. (And I know that’s why the Colts value versatility, but you get my point)

I think they’ll do away with the rule and increase roster size, maybe to 55.  

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

yeah, your reputation on here is clearly that of a jokester. 

I recall you saying specifically that Mahomes should have been held out of the Denver game. Was that a joke too?

He should of been held out of the Denver game. It was a short week against Denver and he is their QB. If he doesn’t get that ankle healed it could ruin their season. It’s not like a CB playing on a bad ankle.  Everything runs through Mahomes. 

3 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

It depends on who the player is. What is their importance to the team ect. With the depth of this team at certain positions it does allow him though to let guys get as healthy as possible. My beef with some of these comments is the way they come across  is to sit them no matter what. There were people saying to sit Leonard even though he was cleared from concussion protocol. If your best players can go they need to so you have the best chance to win. There are only 16 games. Every game should be treated like a playoff game.

• Thanks 1