Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Games in NFL 100 Greatest Games

Lucky Colts Fan

https://www.nfl.com/100/originals/100-greatest/browse-videos

#97 - 2009 Super Bowl  -  I have nothing to say about this game.  :flaming:

#89 - 2005 Steelers at Colts Divisional  -  I have nothing to say about this game, either.  :flaming:

#87 - 1995 Colts at Steelers AFCCG  -  I don't wanna talk about this one, either...  :hissy:

#65 - 2003 Colts at Bucs  -  Manning with the amazing 4th-quarter comeback.  Beat the reigning SB champs in their house.  The beginning of an era of greatness in Indy with Manning/Dungy.  I forgot this game was on Dungys' birthday.  :rock:

#61 - 2013 Chiefs at Colts Wildcard  -  Colts complete 2nd-largest comeback in playoff history.  The Andrew Luck Superman Dive epitomizes his career when he is surrounded by guys like Samson Satele, Hugh Thornton, and Donald Brown making mistakes, yet still manages to make an amazing game-saving play.  :woah:  :td:

More to come!

• Like 1

Here are my top 5 greatest Colts games. I am going by just Indianapolis games since 1984. My fandom:

5. 2009 season - Colts over the Pats 35-34 in the regular season to get to 9-0. We were down 34-14 in the 4th and Peyton just worked his magic in the 4th. Peyton to Reggie for the win with 10 seconds left! top 3 GIF, that was his face when Peyton hit Reggie for the winner lmao . That win gave us HFA basically.

4. 2006 season - Colts over Ravens 15-6 in the Divisional Round at Baltimore. We showed the league we had a nasty defense. Vinny 5 FG's! We stood up to Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Steve McNair, Jamal Lewis, and their coach Brian Bellick. That was a hell of a playoff win vs a very good team.

3. 2013 season - Colts over KC 45-44 in the Wildcard Round. Andrew Luck led us back from down 38-10. 2nd greatest comeback ever of all-time. I thought this game was over and was so disappointed at halftime. This game was so unreal I still can't believe it.

2. 2006 season - AFC Title Game against the Pats. Down 21-3 and we beat Tom and BB to get to the SB. Peyton plays a perfect 2nd half to pull off a 38-34 win.

1. 2006 season - SB it has to be because we won the SB over the Bears. The Pats win would've been meaningless without this win. Got to get that ring haha . Beating the Bears was sweet too because there are a ton of Bears around the Indy area. 

19 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

#97 - 2009 Super Bowl  -  I have nothing to say about this game.  :flaming:

#89 - 2005 Steelers at Colts Divisional  -  I have nothing to say about this game, either.  :flaming:

#87 - 1995 Colts at Steelers AFCCG  -  I don't wanna talk about this one, either...  :hissy:

#65 - 2003 Colts at Bucs  -  Manning with the amazing 4th-quarter comeback.  Beat the reigning SB champs in their house.  The beginning of an era of greatness in Indy with Manning/Dungy.  I forgot this game was on Dungys' birthday.  :rock:

#61 - 2013 Chiefs at Colts Wildcard  -  Colts complete 2nd-largest comeback in playoff history.  The Andrew Luck Superman Dive epitomizes his career when he is surrounded by guys like Samson Satele, Hugh Thornton, and Donald Brown making mistakes, yet still manages to make an amazing game-saving play.  :woah:  :td:

More to come!

I thought the 2013 wildcard would've been higher than 61, as it was the 2nd biggest comeback in playoff history and the way it unfolded as just wild with Luck making that dive after the fumble recovery and a throw to Da'Rick Rogers amongst other throws that were almost un-human.

• Like 2

#49 - 1972 Jets at Colts  -  Shootout between Namath and Unitas.  I wasn't alive yet, so I can't really say anything about this game.  :dunno:

#28 - 1977 - Raiders at Colts AFC Divisional  -  John Madden and Kenny Stabler win in 2OT 37-31.  Again, I wasn't alive yet, so I can't say much about this one.  Cool name though: Ghost To The Post.

#21 - 2006 Patriots at Colts AFCCG  -  The two best QBs in the game.  Colts down 21-3 and make an epic comeback to win 38-34.  Three linemen score TDs.  Prayers answered.  "Exorcising demons everywhere".  Dungy and Manning finally shake off the moniker that they can't win a big game, in epic fashion against their nemesis: the Belichick/Brady Pats.  (I couldn't believe how low this game was ranked, but then I saw the games ranked ahead of it, and thought 'ok, fine'...)

#6 - 1968 Jets at Colts Super Bowl  -  The cocky AFL underdog Guarantees the Jets will beat the Colts.  The Colts throw too many interceptions and lose 16-7.

#1 - 1958 Colts at Giants NFL Championship  -  "The Greatest Game Ever Played"  Nuff Said.

Well, that's 10 of the top 100 games in NFL history that the Colts were involved in, and being #1 is pretty cool.  We are tied with the Pats for 4th most appearances in the top 100 games.

49ers - 14 games

Packers - 13 games

Cowboys/Dolphins/Giants - 11 games

On 10/5/2019 at 10:25 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

#49 - 1972 Jets at Colts  -  Shootout between Namath and Unitas.  I wasn't alive yet, so I can't really say anything about this game.  :dunno:

#28 - 1977 - Raiders at Colts AFC Divisional  -  John Madden and Kenny Stabler win in 2OT 37-31.  Again, I wasn't alive yet, so I can't say much about this one.  Cool name though: Ghost To The Post.

#21 - 2006 Patriots at Colts AFCCG  -  The two best QBs in the game.  Colts down 21-3 and make an epic comeback to win 38-34.  Three linemen score TDs.  Prayers answered.  "Exorcising demons everywhere".  Dungy and Manning finally shake off the moniker that they can't win a big game, in epic fashion against their nemesis: the Belichick/Brady Pats.  (I couldn't believe how low this game was ranked, but then I saw the games ranked ahead of it, and thought 'ok, fine'...)

#6 - 1968 Jets at Colts Super Bowl  -  The cocky AFL underdog Guarantees the Jets will beat the Colts.  The Colts throw too many interceptions and lose 16-7.

#1 - 1958 Colts at Giants NFL Championship  -  "The Greatest Game Ever Played"  Nuff Said.

Well, that's 10 of the top 100 games in NFL history that the Colts were involved in, and being #1 is pretty cool.  We are tied with the Pats for 4th most appearances in the top 100 games.

49ers - 14 games

Packers - 13 games

Cowboys/Dolphins/Giants - 11 games

Not being biased but the 2006 AFC Title Game is top 5 of all-time. #21 is an insult. The Colts had the greatest comeback ever in an AFC Title Game down by 18 to win that game 38-34. You had Peyton vs Brady and BB. 2 stacked teams and it went to the wire with Peyton winning it on a final drive. Brady got the ball back and darn near pulled off a miracle himself. That game had everything including O.Lineman scoring TD's lmao .

I am not saying all my lists are king of the jungle but some of these lists done by the NFL Network and ESPN suck, JMO.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 12:05 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

#1 will be SF over Dallas in the 1981 season/1982 NFC Title Game. I already know without watching lmao . Montana to Clark, they beat america's team haha . SF won 28-27. 

I was close it was 2nd. The 1958 Colts at Giants NFL Championship Game was #1. I had that #2. I would probably have the helmet catch 3rd = Giants over Pats in SB 42. That game just simply changed history. It stopped the Pats from going 19-0. The Colts vs Jets SB 3 I can buy at #4, Colts gave that game away though. It also changed history. Here is a fact for everyone, Joe Namath only had 2 career playoff wins in his entire career. He by far did not have hall of fame numbers either. That one game got him in. Pats at Colts (2006 AFC Title Game) I would have at #5. 

If Joe Namath is the Hall of Fame then Jim Plunkett who won 2 SB's should be in easily, so should Eli Manning when his time comes.

Just so Patriots fans do not think I am biased, SB 51 = Pats vs Falcons deserves top 5 consideration. Pats were down 28-3 and came back to win in OT 34-28. That really belongs on the greatest comebacks of all-time list though IMO. Much like Luck's comeback vs the Chiefs in the 2013 Wildcard game.