Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was at the game today (9/29) - some thoughts

ColtsSouljah

Just got back from attending today's game. Some thoughts:

1. Lucas Oil Stadium was awesome - as always. We really do have one of the finest stadiums in all of pro sports.

2. Jacoby continues to impress. Yes, more incompletions than you would like to see but receivers were not getting open and way too many drops.

3. Would really like to see our stadium get louder. On lots of the key third downs, the vast majority of fans were sitting. I and my two family members were the only guys standing in our area at least half of those third downs.

4. NFL officiating is absolute garbage; it just is. It's even worse witnessing it first hand. Something really needs to be done. I guess we're all just getting desensitized to it. Yikes. So many PIs uncalled and holds uncalled. Just brutal.

5. We need to be most concerned about our defense. This was supposed to be our strong suit and they just do not look good in any regard. Run d, pass rush, secondary, all very, very poor and have been.

6, We also need to find a number 2 option behind TY. That killed us today.

Still had a great time! Love coming to Indy and LOS. Love seeing the Colts in person. Very happy about Jacoby moving forward.

Go Colts!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

I still take losses way to hard .in dark room eating junk food .

Yeah, I totally get it. I have tried to focus on the experience more and more as I get older, especially when I attend the game. I don't get to very often so I want to enjoy it no matter what.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

I still take losses way to hard .in dark room eating junk food .

I have a buddy who's a lifelong Reds fan and for the past 20+ years after each loss he goes into his man cave and freaks out for about an hour before heading inside to his family.. Lol.

28 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Just got back from attending today's game. Some thoughts:

1. Lucas Oil Stadium was awesome - as always. We really do have one of the finest stadiums in all of pro sports.

2. Jacoby continues to impress. Yes, more incompletions than you would like to see but receivers were not getting open and way too many drops.

3. Would really like to see our stadium get louder. On lots of the key third downs, the vast majority of fans were sitting. I and my two family members were the only guys standing in our area at least half of those third downs.

4. NFL officiating is absolute garbage; it just is. It's even worse witnessing it first hand. Something really needs to be done. I guess we're all just getting desensitized to it. Yikes. So many PIs uncalled and holds uncalled. Just brutal.

5. We need to be most concerned about our defense. This was supposed to be our strong suit and they just do not look good in any regard. Run d, pass rush, secondary, all very, very poor and have been.

Still had a great time! Love coming to Indy and LOS. Love seeing the Colts in person. Very happy about Jacoby moving forward.

Go Colts!

I was there today too and agree with most of what you posted. Here are my thoughts in comparison....

1. LOS never disappoints me, love going there!!!

2. Jacoby looked ok, IMO. He constantly stares down receivers and telegraphs plays. He needs to work on his touch, and that pick he threw, ugh. 

3. There were a few times that our crowd got loud on key third downs and actually caused a few delay of games, but they could have done it more. Getting down by two touchdowns so quickly took a lot of the wind out of the fans sails for sure.

4. Officiating was absolute trash, So many missed holds and PIs on the Raiders that were let go but magically called on us. Unreal.

5. Defense was also trash for most of game, couldn’t stop them, almost no pressure on Carr. It was bad. Quincy Wilson was bad.

6. Was really hoping Campbell would be that guy and would break out today. Man Ebron’s stone hands killed us today too.

AND I will add this as this really bothered me. LOS was FULL of Raiders fans, it was embarrassing! At times they were so loud you would swear you were at Raiders home game, really sad. I’ve been to many games, both home and away, and I now believe that this was the WORST fan base I have ever encountered. The immaturity both during and after the game was amazing. My 9 year old son was completely shook at how immature and ridiculous a lot of the Raiders fans were acting and it carried out into he streets after the game. It was so bad we chose to leave town and get a bite to eat elsewhere due to them being such absolute dbags. It was bad, and I hope our fan base never represents the Colts in that manner.  Man you’d swear they just won the Super Bowl, and not just barely won a game against a team that was missing many key players. Unreal.

I was also at the game today and agree with Hozer about JB.  

I liked what PC can bring to this offense.  JB missed him (as in throwing the ball to him) deep a number of times.   PC did get open but JB was too late to react.  As an example.  The deep throw to PC in the middle of the field was thrown into double coverage.  BUT had JB reacted earlier it was a TD 

Getting open in the NFL has a very small window a lot of the time.  QB needs to be able to anticipate it and get the ball to the spot  

Ebron thought he was back in Detroit 

This stadium will will never be as loud as the RCA dome.   I miss that place.   But it is a beautiful stadium 

• Like 1

I was at the game today too. 

Observations:

Receiver’s didn’t help Brissett with the drops. They had a legit shot at long td, but for some reason Campbell stopped running. 

Brissett is late on a lot of throws. Guys are open and by the time he throws it the play is closed down. The timing of his decision making concerns me. 

Disappointed the Colts kept trying to run up the middle when their best gains were with pure speed wide, or bouncing out wide. 

Giving a 10 yard cushion on 3rd and 6 (insert your own numbers), is getting old. 

Things were fine inside the stadium. Outside, not so much. 

We don’t live in Indy, but have been coming 3-4 times a year for about 12 years. We love Indy,, the people are great, restaurants are excellent,  but the city is going in the wrong direction IMO. The sewage smell is disgusting and getting worse. It’s dirty. Trash piled up. Lots of homeless on the streets. 

If any Indy residents can shed some light on why things have changed in downtown, I’d be interested to hear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That was supposed to be Funchess, but he too is out.  It is too much to expect rookies to pick up all that slack.  It seems we are missing some of our key pieces at the moment.  Hopefully we can get through KC unscathed and get some guys back after the bye.

• Like 1

Watached on TV, here are my thoughts: 

1) Jacoby held the ball waaaaaay too long most of the game. It can’t be only TY that makes him look so good. 
2) Did Ebron think he was in Detroit? Make him run block and use Doyle and Cox for actually catching passes until he figures out what he’s doing. 
3) How come all the sudden the Colts couldn’t run block? 
4) Quincy Wilson sucks. He is a lazy player. 
5) There were about 15 plays where the Colts would have a player stopped for a 3 yard gain and then didn’t tackle/got washed out and then the play went for 15 yards. Absolutely maddening. 
6) An entire practice should be devoted to deep passes. That was pretty pathetic timing, underthrown passes, and into double/triple coverages. 
7) Since our front 4 aren’t getting it done, figure out how to blitz with someone else please.

8) I hate to say it, but Houston looks done 

9) Why wait until the 4th quarter to start throwing to Hines 

10) Should've went for an onside kick in the 4th quarter. Colts weren't stopping anything all day, can't expect the D to bail you out. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Watached on TV, here are my thoughts: 

1) Jacoby held the ball waaaaaay too long most of the game. It can’t be only TY that makes him look so good. 
2) Did Ebron think he was in Detroit? Make him run block and use Doyle and Cox for actually catching passes until he figures out what he’s doing. 
3) How come all the sudden the Colts couldn’t run block? 
4) Quincy Wilson sucks. He is a lazy player. 
5) There were about 15 plays where the Colts would have a player stopped for a 3 yard gain and then didn’t tackle/got washed out and then the play went for 15 yards. Absolutely maddening. 
6) An entire practice should be devoted to deep passes. That was pretty pathetic timing, underthrown passes, and into double/triple coverages. 
7) Since our front 4 aren’t getting it done, figure out how to blitz with someone else please.

8) I hate to say it, but Houston looks done 

9) Why wait until the 4th quarter to start throwing to Hines 

10) Should've went for an onside kick in the 4th quarter. Colts weren't stopping anything all day, can't expect the D to bail you out. 

I agree with everything you said.

As far as number 6 goes, I think a practice was dedicated to deep throws. I don't believe Jacoby made the read and decided to throw deep, and if he did then his reads suck.  I think Frank knew that teams were going to key on the run and the underneath stuff so he worked on deep passes this week to keep them honest.  However, the decision to throw was really late and he allowed the DBs to get back into position by the time he threw it (PC down the middle early).  The other one was just a reckless throw into coverage for the sake of making a deep throw.

11 hours ago, HOZER said:

AND I will add this as this really bothered me. LOS was FULL of Raiders fans, it was embarrassing! At times they were so loud you would swear you were at Raiders home game, really sad. I’ve been to many games, both home and away, and I now believe that this was the WORST fan base I have ever encountered. The immaturity both during and after the game was amazing. My 9 year old son was completely shook at how immature and ridiculous a lot of the Raiders fans were acting and it carried out into he streets after the game. It was so bad we chose to leave town and get a bite to eat elsewhere due to them being such absolute dbags. It was bad, and I hope our fan base never represents the Colts in that manner.  Man you’d swear they just won the Super Bowl, and not just barely won a game against a team that was missing many key players. Unreal.

We had a zillion Raiders fans in our general area. We didn't have major problems exactly, but they were incredibly annoying. Constant "Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiders."

Fans should make use of the text line to report problems. Security will come and enforce no swearing (especially if kids are around). Someone heard a couple F bombs from one of the Raiders fans in our row and texted. Security came, talked to him, took him somewhere for a while, and when he came back there was no more cussing from him (but still the constant "Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiders").

• Like 1