Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.com QB Rankings: Brissett at #24

Caleb3502

"The lack of an established track record as the regular starter is probably the main thing holding Brissett down at this point." This comment is just dump when you look 2 spots above, see a rookie who just made one start AND compare the stats of JB and K. Murray.... As the op said.... It's a popularity contest. Otherwise Jimmy G wouldn't be above JB, too.... 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I don't get it, what has Jimmy G done to earn a ranking higher than 30

Jimmy has better career numbers than Brissett.

A career 96 rating vs Brissetts career 83 rating.   

At this point in Brissetts career, I think 24th is about right.   We should see it climb to around 15 this season.    

Personally, if not for his injury history, I'd take Jimmy G over Brissett.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Myles said:

At this point in Brissetts career, I think 24th is about right.   We should see it climb to around 15 this season.    

Jimmy G is overrated. looks like another Matt Cassel.

1 minute ago, egg said:

This ranking is worthless.

Rogers is 3rd and had 200 yards and 1TD......worse than Brissett.

Wilson is 4th with 196 yards and 2 TD's.........exactly the same as Brissett 

It states that early in the season they take historical performance into account as well as this season.

With that in mind, I think it is fairly accurate.  

Honestly, I think that’s about where he’ll be come end of season.  It’s not the end of the world. He doesn’t have to be Luck or put up Luck like numbers. If, he performs like last week throughout the year, it would be hard to complain about JB’s performance. The Colts aren’t there yet. Patience! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Jacoby throws a lot more accurate passes. I don't even think Jimmy G is the best QB on his team.

As stated upthread, this is just a popularity contest at this point in the season.  So let us know when this list updates to being strictly about this current season and this current season only.  Because Ryan and his 2 interceptions, or Baker and his 3, or Cam and his dreadful performance, or Cousins and his less than 100 yards passing should not be ranked above JB. 

JB went into a hostile environment vs a top 10 team, took his team to OT in a game where his team left nearly 15 points on the field (no fault of his), threw for 2 td's (should have been 3) and no interceptions and they rank him lower than some QB's who have no business being ranked above him at the moment.

So when does only this year's stats matter?  After week 2?  Week 4?  I'd like to revisit this list then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

As stated upthread, this is just a popularity contest at this point in the season.  So let us know when this list updates to being strictly about this current season and this current season only.  Because Ryan and his 2 interceptions, or Baker and his 3, or Cam and his dreadful performance, or Cousins and his less than 100 yards passing should not be ranked above JB. 

JB went into a hostile environment vs a top 10 team, took his team to OT in a game where his team left nearly 15 points on the field (no fault of his), threw for 2 td's (should have been 3) and no interceptions and they rank him lower than some QB's who have no business being ranked above him at the moment.

So when does only this year's stats matter?  After week 2?  Week 4?  I'd like to revisit this list then.

To be fair at least half the people in LA Sunday were colt fans. This week will be huge to see how well he handles all the blitz’s and crowd noise. It’s a special day in Nashville as they are retiring jerseys of Eddie George and Steve McNair. That place is going to be so loud.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

To be fair at least half the people in LA Sunday were colt fans. This week will be huge to see how well he handles all the blitz’s and crowd noise. It’s a special day in Nashville as they are retiring jerseys of Eddie George and Steve McNair. That place is going to be so loud.

Yeah.  I'm expecting this to be crucial.  Factor in the facts that Luck owned them and he's gone.  Last game they had in their building was us beating them in the last game last season.  Them retiring their 2 biggest legends jerseys.  Reggie shading them at the draft.  Then throw in the heat.  This is gonna be like hell.  If JB can pull this win out, he's gotta climb up the rankings.  Everything about this game just screams this is personal...  Gonna make it even sweeter to get the win.

20 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Yeah.  I'm expecting this to be crucial.  Factor in the facts that Luck owned them and he's gone.  Last game they had in their building was us beating them in the last game last season.  Them retiring their 2 biggest legends jerseys.  Reggie shading them at the draft.  Then throw in the heat.  This is gonna be like hell.  If JB can pull this win out, he's gotta climb up the rankings.  Everything about this game just screams this is personal...  Gonna make it even sweeter to get the win.

I just have a very bad feeling about this game. We are going to have to come home and win all four of these home games after this. I really don’t expect us to win Sunday.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I just have a very bad feeling about this game. We are going to have to come home and win all four of these home games after this. I really don’t expect us to win Sunday.

It's definitely gonna be a stiff test.  We gotta hope the heat affects them in a big way.  Mariota has never really impressed me throwing outside the numbers.  We've gotta force him to do just that and get some turnovers.  TE Walker, the slot, and the backs out of the backfield are gonna be a must to contain to have a chance.

Just now, Smoke317 said:

It's definitely gonna be a stiff test.  We gotta hope the heat affects them in a big way.  Mariota has never really impressed me throwing outside the numbers.  We've gotta force him to do just that and get some turnovers.  TE Walker, the slot, and the backs out of the backfield are gonna be a must to contain to have a chance.

Has the nfl ever moved a afternoon game to a night game because of heat. With heat index over 100 that seems like it could be dangerous to the players.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have us winning after I seen the way Indy played last week. I think last week the Titans played over their head. Mariota doesn't scare me at all, Rivers did. I think we win something like 24-20 so it will be close. By the way, Colts fans travel well to Tennessee because it is somewhat close to Indy. Do not be surprised if like 40% of that place is Colts fans so that will help.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Has the nfl ever moved a afternoon game to a night game because of heat. With heat index over 100 that seems like it could be dangerous to the players.

Good question.  It would have to be 120 degrees or something really extreme for them to shift game time.  They have no problem sending guys out in negative degree weather...  I walked outside today and broke out in a full sweat just standing out there for 5 minutes...  It's definitely gonna be hellacious.  

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

...the NFL has no predetermined temperature reading that would postpone a game.

“We don’t have a number, no,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy tells PFT via email.

It’s a bit surprising that the league hasn’t worked with experts to identify a temperature at which it automatically becomes unsafe to be outdoors for extended periods of time.  That’s likely because the league has never had to do it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/03/league-has-no-set-temperature-at-which-its-too-cold-to-play/

While the article intends to address 'too cold' conditions, the response from McCarthy covers 'too hot' as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dogg63 said:

...the NFL has no predetermined temperature reading that would postpone a game.

“We don’t have a number, no,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy tells PFT via email.

It’s a bit surprising that the league hasn’t worked with experts to identify a temperature at which it automatically becomes unsafe to be outdoors for extended periods of time.  That’s likely because the league has never had to do it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/03/league-has-no-set-temperature-at-which-its-too-cold-to-play/

While the article intends to address 'too cold' conditions, the response from McCarthy covers 'too hot' as well.

Seems to hot would be more dangerous then to cold. Maybe something to watch today and tomorrow.

5 hours ago, MPStack said:

Honestly, I think that’s about where he’ll be come end of season.  It’s not the end of the world. He doesn’t have to be Luck or put up Luck like numbers. If, he performs like last week throughout the year, it would be hard to complain about JB’s performance. The Colts aren’t there yet. Patience! 

After watching the game, taped it off NFL Network, I agree.  They could have won that game.  If Sheard returns soon and helps tighten up that run defense, plus Mack stay healthy and someone can help out in the run game, Indy may not be in as much trouble as some thought.  Still not a Super bowl contender, but may squeak in to the playoffs?

• Like 2