Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Obviously We Dont Have A Plan

oldunclemark

Clearly we have no plan that's etched in stone.

No rebuiding plan would include a 34-year-old WR and a 31-year old converted DE - LB

But I'm okay with that because I think a franchise has to be respectable every year.

You cant just put all ponies out there...You need to give the fans some REAL Colts...

I"d like Freeney and Saturday to come back with Wayne and Mathis.

Its important not to just write off 2012

You dont bring in new players or win fans with the slogan

"We're the Colts!!

You're just a hater!

We dont care about this year!!"

Check back with us later!!!"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They are trying to add players that can make an immediate impact and can help out the players around him. Reggie Wayne will help Andrew Luck's development and give Luck a good target. Redding is an experienced 3-4 DE and has performed well in Pagano's system. He'll help teach the position to Nevis, and some other guys (not Moala). You can't just have a team filled with young players. You'll have no chemistry and you'll just a bunch of young kids who don't really know the NFL that well. Get some young great kids like Luck and some of our other draft picks, and get some veterans who can help them learn. We are still very much in a rebuilding mode, and the Colts are doing a nice job getting and resigning free agents.

Mark, Mark, Mark,(sigh). Are we going to have to listen to this all offseason and into next yr. the way you went on and on about not going winless all last season? They have a plan dude, give it some freakin time already. It is march for crying out loud, they have all summer to put something together. Please, just give this kind of stuff a rest and just embrace the changes.

Mark, Mark, Mark,(sigh). Are we going to have to listen to this all offseason and into next yr. the way you went on and on about not going winless all last season? They have a plan dude, give it some freakin time already. It is march for crying out loud, they have all summer to put something together. Please, just give this kind of stuff a rest and just embrace the changes.

Be honest Balzer..Wayne and Mathis arent in any rebuilding plan. Come on.

What has that got to do with anything? They simply brought them back to make the transition easier for the new guys. It's just that simple and every rebuilding team in history has done the same kind of things. I don't get why this is difficult to understand. Just because a team is rebuilding don't mean you dump the entire roster and bring in 52 new guys at every position.

Maybe not Wayne or Mathis specifically.

But I can see how a veteran WR can help develop a rookie QB and rookie WRs plus a stable of relatively untried WRs.

I can also see how an experienced DE/LB that has a good work ethic provide good examples to provide a focal point to gel a new group of defenders.

I will not be surprised to see both Wayne and Mathis wear that C on their jerseys.

What has that got to do with anything? They simply brought them back to make the transition easier for the new guys. It's just that simple and every rebuilding team in history has done the same kind of things. I don't get why this is difficult to understand. Just because a team is rebuilding don't mean you dump the entire roster and bring in 52 new guys at every position.

Come on, man...

Reggie is 34....and we didnt even call him till this week..

Come on.

I see a plan, and I like it so far. I already see a security blanket and awesome teacher for Luck and young WRs, and size on both lines. It's day two of free agency on the heels of the most tumultuous offseason in Colts history. And I do see Wayne and Mathis as pieces in a rebuilding - someone has to stay behind to show the youth, who we'll see soon enough, how to play in the NFL, the work ethic and dedication. Listen to Blazer.

Maybe not Wayne or Mathis specifically.

But I can see how a veteran WR can help develop a rookie QB and rookie WRs plus a stable of relatively untried WRs.

I can also see how an experienced DE/LB that has a good work ethic provide good examples to provide a focal point to gel a new group of defenders.

I will not be surprised to see both Wayne and Mathis wear that C on their jerseys.

I agree with that...

But FROG MAN....we're just scuffling now..trying to fill the roster.

I think we intended to keep garcon and reggie was a fall back.

Again..hear me clearly. I"M not against this. I want Freeney and Saturday for another year, too..

I'm the guy who wants to be respectable in 2012..and not suck just to get another high draft..

...but s...if there's a real plan here...it isnt in two 30-something guys..

It probably doesnt go into effect until 2013

Come on, man...

Come on.

Again, whats your point and why does that matter? Rebuliding don't mean you can't have older players Mark. You can't draft 52 guys for your roster in one offseason, they have to have a mixture of vets and newbies. Very simple stuff Mark.

I see a plan, and I like it so far. I already see a security blanket and awesome teacher for Luck and young WRs, and size on both lines. It's day two of free agency on the heels of the most tumultuous offseason in Colts history. And I do see Wayne and Mathis as pieces in a rebuilding - someone has to stay behind to show the youth, who we'll see soon enough, how to play in the NFL, the work ethic and dedication. Listen to Blazer.

amazing..for months I heard people say I saw things that werent there..in the Manning watch

We're CLEARLY waiting for the big cap space year of 2013....until then..we're just patchin'

Again, whats your point and why does that matter? Rebuliding don't mean you can't have older players Mark. You can't draft 52 guys for your roster in one offseason, they have to have a mixture of vets and newbies. Very simple stuff Mark.

Yep.

Mark, have you ever been in any professional organization or play any sports beyond grade school? It would seem that you don't understand the concept of "Leadership" very well? You need hard working veterans around that lead by example, set a standard and hold people accountable................that should be a staple of ANY organization from professional sports to a fortune 500 company!

How on earth do you knwo they didn't call him until yesterday? Are you on the payroll? Are you close personal friends with Regiie Wayne?

But we were ready to let reggie go........obviously

I know you saw that.... I like him back..

But that's not a plan

Mark, have you ever been in any professional organization or play any sports beyond grade school? It would seem that you don't understand the concept of "Leadership" very well? You need hard working veterans around that lead by example, set a standard and hold people accountable................that should be a staple of ANY organization from professional sports to a fortune 500 company!

How on earth do you knwo they didn't call him until yesterday? Are you on the payroll? Are you close personal friends with Regiie Wayne?

He said no one called him until this week.

amazing..for months I heard people say I saw things that werent there..in the Manning watch

We're CLEARLY waiting for the big cap space year of 2013....until then..we're just patchin'

Right. That's what you do in transition month one of a multi-year project. Maybe others thought that the Colts would just cut everyone, sign a couple draft picks and scrubs off the Canadian Football League waiver wire, but I actually think the ownership, front office, and coaches have this crazy idea they can win games next year too. I know I do.

I agree with that...

But FROG MAN....we're just scuffling now..trying to fill the roster.

I think we intended to keep garcon and reggie was a fall back.

Again..hear me clearly. I"M not against this. I want Freeney and Saturday for another year, too..

I'm the guy who wants to be respectable in 2012..and not suck just to get another high draft..

...but s...if there's a real plan here...it isnt in two 30-something guys..

It probably doesnt go into effect until 2013

Mark, since when are you so impatient? It is the second day of Free Agency. And we have the draft over a month from now.

I don't see that we are scuffling around. I see a more methodical approach to FA, picking up value assets (yes, I include Wayne in that), and not overpaying as the old Colts were wont to do.

I think at a minimum, we will improve over last season's 2-14 record.

Given that, I think the rebuild should be done at its own pace, reviewing its progress from time to time to tweak the plan, if necessary.

I think the FO is building a team that can consistently contend for the title every year when the re-building process is complete.

I do not expect too much in 2012. but I do expect improvement.

I do not expect much in 2013, but I do expect more improvement.

Mark, since when are you so impatient? It is the second day of Free Agency. And we have the draft over a month from now.

I don't see that we are scuffling around. I see a more methodical approach to FA, picking up value assets (yes, I include Wayne in that), and not overpaying as the old Colts were wont to do.

Given that, I think the rebuild should be done at its own pace, reviewing its progress from time to time to tweak the plan, if necessary.

I think the FO is building a team that can consistently contend for the title every year when the re-building process is complete.

I didnt expect us to have a play....I didnt say I WAS impatient...AND I';M HAPPY REGGIE IS BACK (i wanted to emphasize that)

But I'm just telling the truth..

Like you did to me for months./.remember.?

I agree with your last two sentences...

Everybody's jumping on what I thought was an obvious statement..

I agree its starting to seem that the colts are not trying to disassemble the team but trying to get the defense prepared for a 3-4 defense and keeping wayne around will help Luck transition into the NFL. starting to get a vibe that their trying to win now while slowly rebuilding piece by piece

Come on, man...

Come on.

Actually, he's 33.

And we brought him back for 4 reasons.

1. The money was right.

2. Andrew Luck isn't going to catch his own passes (at least not his rookie year...)

3. We can fix all our house in one offseason, signing an older vet to a REASONABLE contract gives you time to focus on other position before addressing the one you fixed.

4. You can't have a team with all rookies because you need someone to lead. After the rookies are lead for a year or two then THEY can begin to lead. But you have to learn how first.

We won't even get into how it gives the fan base something to finally feel good about.

But we were ready to let reggie go........obviously

I know you saw that.... I like him back..

But that's not a plan

Your right, I really thought Reggie was as good as gone and I was clearly wrong about that, but that just goes to show that apparently the Colts do have a plan in place about how they are going to try to make things work. I just don't know how to make it any clearer to you, just be patient and don't get all worked up if the Colts have a bad season next yr.. It happens to every single team at one point or another. It don't mean the Colts are a bad organization. I really think you just have completely unrealistic expectations from the teams you root for Mark. Maybe they can never live up to what you expect from them, but that is your problem to deal with. Just don't make the rest of us suffer because of your unrealisic expectations.

Actually, he's 33.

And we brought him back for 4 reasons.

1. The money was right.

2. Andrew Luck isn't going to catch his own passes (at least not his rookie year...)

3. We can fix all our house in one offseason, signing an older vet to a REASONABLE contract gives you time to focus on other position before addressing the one you fixed.

4. You can't have a team with all rookies because you need someone to lead. After the rookies are lead for a year or two then THEY can begin to lead. But you have to learn how first.

We won't even get into how it gives the fan base something to finally feel good about.

I agree with everything you said....again..I'm not arguing that we brought him back

I LIKE Reggie and Robert

i see the colts going 7-9 in 2012 maybe 8-8 and 2013 they could go 9-7 10-6 and will end up being a one an done. superbowl in 2015!!!

We can still put together a team who is competitive and wants to win despite losing Manning this season.

That's what I want.......I'm okay with picking up a few guys... I want to win in 2012

..but/..as FROG said..there does need to be a long term plan starting with free agency next year...

Lol another winning thread by OUM! Want some cheese with that whine???? I kid, I kid....seriously though, you need leaders on a team regardless if you are re-building or not? I know some would wanna place the big letter "C" on Drake Nevis or Mike Pollak but that ain't the way it works ;)

Peyton is gone. I know it's hard but you will have to get over it. Some of us can get over a break up fast but some it takes longer and for others never. I hope you're not the last one. Just because you can't see the vison doesn't mean their isn't one.

Lol another winning thread by OUM! Want some cheese with that whine???? I kid, I kid....seriously though, you need leaders on a team regardless if you are re-building or not? I know some would wanna place the big letter "C" on Drake Nevis or Mike Pollak but that ain't the way it works ;)

I'm here all week, WYLD MAN :cool:

Peyton is gone. I know it's hard but you will have to get over it. Some of us can get over a break up fast but some it takes longer and for others never. I hope you're not the last one. Just because you can't see the vison doesn't mean their isn't one.

Come on CUU....

30-something guys

I didnt expect us to have a play....I didnt say I WAS impatient...AND I';M HAPPY REGGIE IS BACK (i wanted to emphasize that)

But I'm just telling the truth..

Like you did to me for months./.remember.?

I agree with your last two sentences...

Everybody's jumping on what I thought was an obvious statement..

Mark,

I did tell you the truth as I saw it, and I provided you with the reasons why I saw it that way. You just chose not to believe me. And that is OK. I don't feel bad about it.

What I think you see as everybody jumping in on what you thought was an obvious statement, is that you are mistaken in making that statement.

You are letting your emotions dictate what you think is truth (again).

Let me remind you of some facts:

1) It is the 2nd day of free agency.

2) the draft is over a month away.

3) In the first day of free agency, the team acquired Wayne, Redding and Justice.

I think this already shows that the new FO has a plan and is implementing it. Compare this to what BP/CP did last season on the first day of FA.

Obviously, we do have a plan, and we are implementing it.

Wayne said as much when he was interviewed recently that he hadn't even been called so I believed what he said and he wasn't even considered until Garcon turned down the contract but I'm glad he came back we need some experience. We can't have all rookies and have a decent season. JMO of course

Mark,

I did tell you the truth as I saw it, and I provided you with the reasons why I saw it that way. You just chose not to believe me. And that is OK. I don't feel bad about it.

What I think you see as everybody jumping in on what you thought was an obvious statement, is that you are mistaken in making that statement.

You are letting your emotions dictate what you think is truth (again).

Let me remind you of some facts:

1) It is the 2nd day of free agency.

2) the draft is over a month away.

3) In the first day of free agency, the team acquired Wayne, Redding and Justice.

I think this already shows that the new FO has a plan and is implementing it. Compare this to what BP/CP did last season on the first day of FA.

Obviously, we do have a plan, and we are implementing it.

Obviously?

I hold no grudges against the Polians and Grigson gets a few years to build, in my mind

But if I'd have suggested that cant we PLEASE keep Reggie Wayne around LAST WEEK after Manning was cut.

We need him for leadership...

...what would you have said to me then.?

Clearly we have no plan that's etched in stone.

No rebuiding plan would include a 34-year-old WR and a 31-year old converted DE - LB

But I'm okay with that because I think a franchise has to be respectable every year.

You cant just put all ponies out there...You need to give the fans some REAL Colts...

I"d like Freeney and Saturday to come back with Wayne and Mathis.

Its important not to just write off 2012

You dont bring in new players or win fans with the slogan

"We're the Colts!!

You're just a hater!

We dont care about this year!!"

Check back with us later!!!"

Sorry man, but you're wrong. They're bringing in guys that fit their "team 1st" system. You need veterans to lead by example to sell the system to younger players. That's what the plan is.