Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More Teams Bow Out Of The Manning Race

SubZero

On denverpost.com Manning has show the biggest intrest in Denver and Arizona with Miami catching up. The real reason for this post is the two teams who bowed out of the race. Seattle and Kansas City offered Manning to come visit and he declined. Seattle and KC respected it and agreed to bow out.

With Seattle, Kansas City, New York, and Washington out of the race it looks like these teams are the front runners; Denver, Arizona, Miami, and Tennesse

I hate that Peyton is gone from the Colts, but it has been fun wondering about where he'll end up. I'm excited for his future and hope he wins the Super Bowl every year he's under center. In that case, I'd be okay with him playing forever like Favre... :)

he'll probably go to arizona so he can throw to fitz and if wayne comes over as well thats scary

I know i think he will to. On denverpost.com they said Mannings choice will not only be based on money but the organization. With that said i think it will be Arizona. They have people with great character and he has ties with Wisenhunt.

I hope he goes to Arizona. I hate Denver with a burning passion.

I know i think he will to. On denverpost.com they said Mannings choice will not only be based on money but the organization. With that said i think it will be Arizona. They have people with great character and he has ties with Wisenhunt.

I hope he goes to Arizona. I hate Denver with a burning passion.

I think he will go to the Cardinals because his QB coach for the last few years - Frank Reich is also there.

I think he does not like the set up that Scott Pioli has, or the way he operates things there.

He has not visited the Dolphins yet - so let us see how that visit goes, that might totally change the complexion if he comes away from the visit pleased.

I hate that Peyton is gone from the Colts, but it has been fun wondering about where he'll end up. I'm excited for his future and hope he wins the Super Bowl every year he's under center. In that case, I'd be okay with him playing forever like Favre... :)

Please never put Peyton & Favre in the same sentence again. Favre is a flip flopping retirement junkie who craves the media spotlight & attention. Whereas Peyton will retire only once when he is ready to hang up his cleats permanently & he is always a team NOT Me player at heart.

Please never put Peyton & Favre in the same sentence again. Favre is a flip flopping retirement junkie who craves the media spotlight & attention. Whereas Peyton will retire only once when he is ready to hang up his cleats permanently & he is always a team NOT Me player at heart.

I'd be okay with him playing forever. Like Favre. :)

I think you misunderstood my intention, southwest1. I know the personality differences between Favre and Manning.

Word down here inf Florida is Matt Flynn is going to reunite with Philbin and Peyton is pretty much out of their picture as well. It is now a 2 team race.

Hmm, thought I heard on ESPN that Manning was on a flight to Miami, I heard it from another room so maybe it was wishful thinking.

I'd be okay with him playing forever. Like Favre. :)

I think you misunderstood my intention, southwest1. I know the personality differences between Favre and Manning.

Fair enough WeSpy. I grasp your point fully. No disrespect intended. I just extremely dislike any comparisons between Peyton Manning & Brett Favre. Peyton won't play for 20 years like Favre. He will hang up his shoulder pads much so sooner than that. If #18 takes another franchise to a Superbowl being the only QB to take 2 different teams to a Superbowl Victory, he will retire shortly after that celebration in my humble opinion. Kurt Warner came close with the AZ Cardinals. But Manning will close the deal with the Denver Broncos.

I would love to see him with the Broncos. Tebow is a hard worker and he could learn so much from Manning until he eventually takes over. Plus.....we could see that 2 QB set in Denver. Who are they going to hike it to? haha

If PM goes to the Broncos, Elway will trade Tebow. QB2 will be Quinn.

Cards are 16.4 mil over the Cap Now.. they will have loose it in the next 48 hrs .. to meet the time frame Peyton has said that he wanted to have his decision made by Tuesday.. and then they probably not have enough to bring in Reggie

Broncos have 50 million + in room and have said they that would be happy to bring Peyton, Wayne, Clark & Saturday... guess they want him Bad...

I live in Colorado and I do not know this for sure, but the word is they are one of the 2 teams who would sign him without him throwing.. go figure..

Are you sure? If that is the case no wonder many Tebow fanatics don't want Manning.

"Mile High" Broncos fans aren't stupid. They know that with Manning their franchise has a legitimate shot at a Superbowl every single year. Tim Tebow will be traded to Jacksonville & within 1 year everyone will be saying "Tebow who?"

most people think that the winters out here are bad.. They ARE NOT... they are very very mild.... we can get 2-3 feet of snow and t will be gone ususally in 48 hours.. GOD burns it off with the sun... I miss the people and they farm from Indiana, but not the winters and the Humid summers.. and the Squiters

Cards are 16.4 mil over the Cap Now.. they will have loose it in the next 48 hrs .. to meet the time frame Peyton has said that he wanted to have his decision made by Tuesday.. and then they probably not have enough to bring in Reggie

Broncos have 50 million + in room and have said they that would be happy to bring Peyton, Wayne, Clark & Saturday... guess they want him Bad...

I live in Colorado and I do not know this for sure, but the word is they are one of the 2 teams who would sign him without him throwing.. go figure..

Read on NFL.com that Cards have until Saturday to either cut Kolb or pay him.

http://profootballta...-tebow-is-gone/

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/229406/report-tebow-likely-gone-if-broncos-sign-pm?rw=1

this is what I have found online.. may have heard the local news state that Elway said He would be traded if they get manning .. I know Elway is in a very

sticky situation with Tebow and the Tebowmaniacs... he said that he would work with him one one with his passing.. if he got manning he wouldn't have to do that and he does not seem to be a big fan on Tebow.. Elway wants a pocket passer like Him, Peyton.. etc..

Read on NFL.com that Cards have until Saturday to either cut Kolb or pay him.

Very good tid-bit. To me this says the Cards may be out unless Manning was really leaning toward them. I cannot see Manning being to quick with this decision.

http://profootballta...-tebow-is-gone/

http://www.rotoworld...os-sign-pm?rw=1

this is what I have found online.. may have heard the local news state that Elway said He would be traded if they get manning .. I know Elway is in a very

sticky situation with Tebow and the Tebowmaniacs... he said that he would work with him one one with his passing.. if he got manning he wouldn't have to do that and he does not seem to be a big fan on Tebow.. Elway wants a pocket passer like Him, Peyton.. etc..

Thanks for the links. More unnamed sources. And Elway did not say that he would trade Tebow if he lands PM.

Sorry for the nitpicking, but fact is fact. Neither article provided any quote from Elway.

Very good tid-bit. To me this says the Cards may be out unless Manning was really leaning toward them. I cannot see Manning being to quick with this decision.

Uhh, I meant to say Thursday don't know where the Saturday came from.....

I took it that way. Kind of the SNL skit with the people getting off the airplane and being dismissed by the stewards.

Ya....my intent was to posture him as nonchalant after being dissed by circumstance. I'll change it. Thanks for the input though.

Frog.. I understand and agree on it not saying that and I am still searching... I did see it or hear it and am thinking it was on the local news ..

IMHO Elway would like an easy out for the Tebow isuue he has inherited ..

I think he would like the dome in AZ, but I don't know if they can get the space..