Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Brown Madden Curse?

Lucky Colts Fan

Steelers-antonio-brown-found-guilty-reckless-driving

So on top of the team drama involving his diva behavior, throwing a hissy fit at practice, and bailing on his team at the end of the season, Brown is also dealing with THREE separate legal issues.

Driving over 100 mph in public, a domestic abuse incident at his home, and flipping out at an apartment complex throwing stuff out of the window into a public area.  Any one of these as an isolated incident might not be that big of a deal, but all of these happened in the last few months, during the football season... that looks like a disturbing pattern of behavior trending toward a downward spiral.

Is this the Madden Curse at work?  This guys seems like a ticking time-bomb, and I hope Ballard steers clear of this headcase-diva.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

As dynamic a player as he is, I wouldn’t want him.

It’s guys like him that become a detriment to a team, should they start off the year slow or lose a couple of games.

20 hours ago, chad72 said:

He has officially requested a trade:

I would imagine the Steelers don't want him back at this point.

They should cut bait and take whatever they can get from an NFC team, or a team they don't have to play in 2019.

If this goes south, and he ends up a FA, he will probably go to the Browns or Ravens (or god forbid, the Pats) just to spite the Steelers.

the patriots usually like trading for guys like this, but they dont have that much cap space.  his huge contract will probably keep him out of NE(hopefully).  

he would make sense in baltimore, but its hard to see them trading to one of their biggest rivals.

17 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Wow I was a firm believer in the curse for years.. I can't keep up with the new maddens anymore. although i didn't get to brady last year, I believe the curse lives on!

It my opinion it did get to Brady. One day, during a routine practice session before the Superbowl, his hand came down hard on Rex Burkhead's helmet, giving his throwing hand the nastiest cut I've seen. Warning, slightly gross:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/12/tom-brady-hand-cut-photos-new-england-patriots-afc-championship

Brady said, "This is it. This is the way the season ends." Considering how close the Eagles game was, I have no doubt that might have affected the game's outcome if it meant him missing even just one pass completion he would have made.

• Like 1