Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's Looking Like Dwight Freeney Will Not Be A Colt Next Year (Not Confirmed Yet)

Andy

See if this comes true I am really wondering why we couldn't have done this before and kept Peyton. We could have cleared $14 million by moving Freeney picked up a draft pick. Possibly reworked a couple contracts and fit Reggie and Pierre back in the fold. The middle first rounder and early second could easily been used to help our defense. We could have Peyton and Luck. I really just think all in all it didn't have so much to do with staying under the cap...that could have been done...but rather not having quarterback controversy. To me that is a poor reason to cut Manning. We could have been a playoff caliber team now and into the future. I think Luck could have learned a lot behind Manning for a couple seasons. (IMO)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleacher Report is saying that the top 3 teams that are likely to deal for Freeney include the Titans, Bills, and Dolphins. Check out what this article is saying we should get in return for Freeney! I would be stoked!

http://bleacherrepor...eney-trade-bate

You would have to becareful with Bleacher Report. Often times the people who write there are just one of us writing what we think in a thread here only they write it for Bleacher Report.

If we can get a first round pick you do it and ask questions later. No way will Miami give us the 8th overall pick for him though. If they do Grigson better say yes before the guy has a chance to realize what he just offered.

No way Miami is trading their 1st round pick...perhaps a second rounder (still nice). If Titans or Bills are offering 1st rounders you jump on that. darn there are a lot of good DTs, OL, and WR projected at the end of the 1st round. Couple that with our 34 we could have a nice 1st day draft. With all the holes we have we need good young bodies. Heck we could package that late 1st and our early 2nd to move back up to target someone like Poe or another need.

You would have to becareful with Bleacher Report. Often times the people who write there are just one of us writing what we think in a thread here only they write it for Bleacher Report.

If we can get a first round pick you do it and ask questions later. No way will Miami give us the 8th overall pick for him though. If they do Grigson better say yes before the guy has a chance to realize what he just offered.

"Often times"? :lol: I appreciate your politeness, but to be more specific, I think the average Bleacher Report poster is probably younger than one of my pets (and usually less informed).

If accurate, that's not just "an agency", that's the same agency that Peyton (and tons of other top football players) are with.

Yup. That could mean several things. Obviously, Freeney wants to be ready to sign if he gets released, and needs representation in that case. But he could be looking for representation for extension talks as well, either with us or with a potential trade suitor.

It is a good thing this is a weak defensive end class in the draft. Some teams will be willing to fork out a high 2nd rounder because of that reason. If it does happen, you can thank the draft class for that.

I have to say you see this draft very similar as I do. I agree a team that has playoff potential and play a 4-3 will definately consider Freeney for a second rounder...maybe a late 1st if we get very very fortunate and he is willing to sign an extention to their liking. Teams like Cincy with multiple late 1st rounders and teams like denver and seattle all have cap space.

This thread seems a little suspect and doesn't make much sense. Why would the Colts simply release him if there is any kind of trade on the table? And then all of a sudden this completely shift gears to possibly getting a first round pick from the Titans. Sounds pretty suspect to me........the only thing I agree on is that D Free probably won't be a Colt next year. I think Tenn. at most would give a 2nd rounder.

Bleacher Report is saying that the top 3 teams that are likely to deal for Freeney include the Titans, Bills, and Dolphins. Check out what this article is saying we should get in return for Freeney! I would be stoked!

What I would say is you make any of these trades. Saying that, if I as a fan am so giddy about that type of trade for the Colts, does it make any sence for the trading club to give up that high of a 1st round pick. Now maybe, just maybe you could trade the #8 or #10 pick and swap spots with our 2nd pick or something like that and I would actually think it would be a deal if we gave them Freeney + our 2nd round pick for the 8 or 10 pick. Might be a bit much IDK, but it would provide us with Luck and another really quality productive piece to the puzzle. Heck, might get Luck and either the Stanford Gaurd or tackle out of the deal. I hate to see all the dismantling of the team but you have started it, might as well complete the transformation. Good sign that DF has picked out an agent, bad news it is Condon, can't stand that group.

Those bleacher report people are smoking some seriously tainted crack if they actually think we would get that much for Freeney.

I don't understand this.

A bad offer is better than no offer isn't it? If we're going to cut him anyway why not take what they can get for him even if it's less than they wanted.

im guessing they dont really wanna trade him, but if they could get a good offer for him then they would trade him.