Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson To Address The Media Soon

ColtsPacersfan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to like him and I know insiders are high on him but Grigson is the one guy in this whole thing I just don't get a good vibe from. With that said it could just be he's not good with the media which I would rank near the bottom in terms of things I am really concerned about my NFL GM being good at it. With that said he if says one time that him and Irsay have been talking ball I can't promise I wont throw something at my TV. I don't know why I just hate that phrase coming from him. Also the less Irsay has to do with football calls the better he's proven once he's not good at being a NFL GM. I understand him making the call on Peyton and Luck but beyond that this is what he brought Grigson in for so letting Grigson address the media on these moves is a good move in my mind.

I want to like him and I know insiders are high on him but Grigson is the one guy in this whole thing I just don't get a good vibe from. With that said it could just be he's not good with the media which I would rank near the bottom in terms of things I am really concerned about my NFL GM being good at it. With that said he if says one time that him and Irsay have been talking ball I can't promise I wont throw something at my TV. I don't know why I just hate that phrase coming from him. Also the less Irsay has to do with football calls the better he's proven once he's not good at being a NFL GM. I understand him making the call on Peyton and Luck but beyond that this is what he brought Grigson in for so letting Grigson address the media on these moves is a good move in my mind.

Its his draft...and that's his specialty...

My fingers are crossed for him.......I wish we could get a couple more picks..

Its his draft...and that's his specialty...

My fingers are crossed for him.......I wish we could get a couple more picks..

Freeney will probably bring us one to bring us to an even 10 if Polian's projection of 9 picks was right. That's a lot of picks in one draft and we are going to need them. It'll be interesting to see if he trades around some of the other picks to get more picks or packages some of the Colts picks to go get someone they really want in the draft.

I will give this guy the benefit of the doubt for 3-4 seasons. Polian didn't do the Colts a lot of favors with the cap and but us in cap heck. And all of these moves were going to come soon, we have to give the same benefit of the doubt for Luck as well because it doesn't seem like we will get a lot of FAs this year, so this season seems like a loss already.

Whatever the plan is, they need to state it quick. Tell us what they're selling, say what direction it's headed.

They are headed to rebuilding. Irsay has been saying that since he fired Polian. They are telling everyone up front that this is going to be a long rebuilding process and isn't going to happen over night now it's quesiton of if the fans are hearing him or don't like the message that is being delievered.

This isn't a rebuild though. This is like the 1999 Browns. 2-14 once again. God awful at every spot. There is a way to rebuild without gutting the squad to the point that you don't even need to line up next year. There is no point as it stands to even line up next season. None.

Really there's no reason to cut guys like Brackett and Freeney unless you want to win 2 or 3 games rather than 6 or 7. I know exactly what they're doing and they're purging the roster so they can draft Luck, then draft high again next year and not even attempt to compete for a few years. I wish they would try and build on the run a little bit.

This isn't a rebuild though. This is like the 1999 Browns. 2-14 once again. God awful at every spot. There is a way to rebuild without gutting the squad to the point that you don't even need to line up next year. There is no point as it stands to even line up next season. None.

You are not even sure yet who we may draft or pick up in FA. Give it some time.

You are not even sure yet who we may draft or pick up in FA. Give it some time.

You're right. We don't know their plan. I am hoping for Mike Wallace but I know there's probably zero chance. That said, there's no way Irsay lets his boy Luck come in here without some big time targets.... something is coming.

You gotta think that they can bring in many players via the draft and FA. For instance if they draft Luck, Fleener and maybe another WR later in the draft, then bring in fellas like Grubbs and Colston, Jackson or another big name FA, to me that sounds like an offense with alot of potential. I have full confidence Brown will also fit in the new scheme better. Delone Carter will also be better hopefully. It's not like they aren't going to do anything in the draft or FA.

You gotta think that they can bring in many players via the draft and FA. For instance if they draft Luck, Fleener and maybe another WR later in the draft, then bring in fellas like Grubbs and Colston, Jackson or another big name FA, to me that sounds like an offense with alot of potential. I have full confidence Brown will also fit in the new scheme better. Delone Carter will also be better hopefully. It's not like they aren't going to do anything in the draft or FA.

That's the best thing I've heard all day...

they'll put a fullback in front of Donald Brown and we'll see why he was a No.1 choice.

We need a deep threat for Luck, though.

we are slow on offense now.

Also brace yourselves. Grigson wouldn't talk about rumors if the Colts were going to trade Freeney. When asked if this was it in terms of releasing guys he said this is where they are at right now. Which isn't a yes or no so there could be more coming.

Right GoC

..he as much as said that more vets will be ashcanned

This isnt the same team and isnt going to be ran as same team as years past. Hopefully gone are the days of over paying decent to good players top tear money who are injury prone to boot. Hopefully gone are the days of building a team so one dimensional that when that when Manning goes out the wheels completely fall off the bus. Gone are the days of Polian making poop draft picks and we are supposed to just shut up and deal with it. We will be building a TEAM.

This isnt the same team and isnt going to be ran as same team as years past. Hopefully gone are the days of over paying decent to good players top tear money who are injury prone to boot. Hopefully gone are the days of building a team so one dimensional that when that when Manning goes out the wheels completely fall off the bus. Gone are the days of Polian making poop draft picks and we are supposed to just shut up and deal with it. We will be building a TEAM.

Gone are the days of being in the playoffs every year. Gone are the days of knowing that no matter how many injuries, as long as we had 18 we were in the game. Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end...

I'm assuming Freeney if he's not willing to renegotiate. I just hope someone will offer a 1st or 2nd rounder or maybe throw us a decent NT, CB or SS for him. Heck even cash, if we could use it this year. I definitely don't want them to do anything stupid with Freeney like trade him for a 4-5th rounder lol.......

IU sucked for years on end until they bring in Cody Zeller. Then they turn it around in one year to an un-ranked team to #15 team in the nation. Now a days if you do things right, bring in the appropriate players it doesn't take 5 years to turn your team around. Every year sucky teams with no talent turn it around in a variety of sports via the draft and FA. I look forward to seeing the Colts to the same.

IU sucked for years on end until they bring in Cody Zeller. Then they turn it around in one year to an un-ranked team to #15 team in the nation. Now a days if you do things right, bring in the appropriate players it doesn't take 5 years to turn your team around. Every year sucky teams with no talent turn it around in a variety of sports via the draft and FA. I look forward to seeing the Colts to the same.

I hope youre right but some teams cant turn it around for decades

Grigson quote: ''Like I said when I first started, I'm not here to just blow the place up."

Feels like the place blew up. The fan base will understand, but how about some respect for the guys that brought us here. Grigson cut some really great guys in this community - on a Friday at 5PM and made a brief statement by phone afterwards. Why did we keep Mathis? Now it just seems like a PR booster before cutting Peyton. All the theatrics before he did "blow the place up" is what turns my stomach.

I hope youre right but some teams cant turn it around for decades

That's because they signed and drafted bad players.

Which is precisely the reason we went 2-14 the moment Manning went down because we had several years of not drafting or signing good players.

Look Mark, this entire rebuilding project will come down to one thing. Can we sign and draft good players. That's it. End of story.

It's a lot easier to turn things around with one player in basketball than it is with football. Even Peyton Manning didn't turn the Colts around in his first year and he had two other Hall of Famers on offense in Harrison and Faulk already here.