Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Refs blew the call

CR91

It was close but thought it was a fumble, close enough that would had concern if they would have enough evidence to over turn it. Fortunately they did.  They discussed on the post game show and Bill Cowher said it was a fumble and agreed with the call to overturn it. 

Regardless, that was the call, We Won!  Never apologize for a victory in the NFL, remember we had a few of those calls go against us in those loses earlier in the year.  So when have a close call go our way, should we feel guilty, no way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Im sorry guys. Im happy we won, but imo that was not a fumble. His knee was done before the ball came out

I watched UCF_Jaguar's live stream (he is one of the most popular Jags youtuber). I like watching opponent fans and get a sense how they see the game - in-game. Anyway, both his, and his friend's immediate reactions were "**** it, it's a fumble" immediately as they saw the first replay of the play. This was before the official review.

I hate winning by a controversial decision. Fortunately this one wasn't even close being controversial, it was clearly a fumble.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

Im sorry guys. Im happy we won, but imo that was not a fumble. His knee was done before the ball came out

They reviewed the play, how is it they made the wrong call? The ball was definitely moving before his knee hit the ground. It WAS a fumble they made the right call AFTER they reviewed the play.

Since it was shown that he didn't have control of the ball when he hit the ground (when he hit the ground you could tell the ball was simply resting on his forearm - not in his grasp), the touch of his knee is irrelevant.  In other words, since he didn't have control of the ball no one should even care about when his knee hit.  His knee hitting the ground would not have stopped the play.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still like the call but I would rather be 4-4-1 so I can't argue that :thmup:. If Tom Osborne would've kicked the extra pt in 1983 vs Miami, Nebraska would've won the National Championship with a tie 31-31 but he went for 2 because he wanted his team to win out right and go down as the greatest team ever. Nebraska failed and lost 31-30. It cost Nebraska the Championship but Elite winners go for the win IMO.

Well, again to the thought of taking the point instead of the silly bravado of “going for the win”, Colts would only be one game back of Houston and if they beat them in the next meeting, would own the h2h tie break.  Ergo, the Colts would currently hold their fate entirely in their own hands.  The bravado approach is all well and good and the trendy thing to do these days, but imho, often such thinking defies wisdom and is downright reckless.  

I won’t hold it against Reich, though, for it was his first coaching blunder of the season (whereas last year it seemed like Pagano had multiple blunders almost every week).

4 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

I watched UCF_Jaguar's live stream (he is one of the most popular Jags youtuber). I like watching opponent fans and get a sense how they see the game - in-game. Anyway, both his, and his friend's immediate reactions were "**** it, it's a fumble" immediately as they saw the first replay of the play. This was before the official review.

I hate winning by a controversial decision. Fortunately this one wasn't even close being controversial, it was clearly a fumble.

Watching that was funny, the way the ripped on green for that fumble lmfoa