Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Need an Elusive Running Back Soon

pgt_rob

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Barkley was gone so we made the right pick. I think we should go for Bell after the season.

Totally understood.

But in that regard....I don't think CB was ever drafting Barkely....even if he did fall to him.

In fact I think that was a reason CB traded down.  He never wanted Barkley (and any QB) so he felt he could trade down and still get what he wanted.  

A guard.

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Giants would have been better off wirh Darnold instead of Barkley.....

Colts would have been better off with Barkley instead of Nelson.

I love Nelson but wanted Barkley badly. Barkley is a game changer. Giants are awful but Barkley with Luck would've been lethal IMO. He is always 1 play away from paydirt. Eli is washed up IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, threeflight said:

Totally agree.

Instead we got a.....guard.  A good guard.  But a guard.

Think about that.

You realize that even if we had stayed at number 3, we wouldn’t have gotten Barkley anyways. If you’re upset at us missing out, blame the Giants, not Ballard.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

If Nelson never reaches all pro status then he will be a bust imo. If you spend the 6th overall pick on a guard then he’d better be the best guard ever. 

He's already proved to be one of the best in the league, so no worries there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, krunk said:

This little lineup with Costanzo, Kelly, Nelson, Smith and Good at RT might end up being pretty decent.  Although I'm aware Kelly might not play this game. And if Good gets hurt again which is highly likely I think Clark and Smith on the right side might be okay.

Yeah, I think people are still thinking our O-Line is trash. Honestly, with Castonzo, Nelson, Kelly, Smith, and Good, that line up isn't actually that bad. They just need to focus more on the run game and trying to open things up a bit more. Another problem is that we've suffered injuries that are always a thing for us each season. I think if there's a potential Tackle in this next years draft that's pretty good, we should take him again and maybe another vet signing in the offseason we should be up to speed. People need to realize that we're almost there. Could be waaayy worse, look at the Giants.

• Like 2

Randy "Duke" Johnson appears to be a little disgruntled with his workload in Cleveland. I wonder what the price tag on him is? I've always been a big fan of his skill set and I think in the right situation he can be a star player. I believe he is signed through 2021 and at a far price. If I had to guess, Cleveland's asking price will probably be a little high for Ballard's liking but I hope he's entertaining the idea.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, threeflight said:

Totally agree.

Instead we got a.....guard.  A good guard.  But a guard.

Think about that.

We Didnt just get "a Guard" We got 2 starting guards a DE with a ton of potential in Turay AND another 2nd round pick this year. :wall:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Reidm said:

We Didnt just get "a Guard" We got 2 starting guards a DE with a ton of potential in Turay AND another 2nd round pick this year. :wall:

Thanks for pointing that out.   The trade was a fantastic one.   Plus Nelson will be an anchor for a decade.  It amazes me how people think that QB, WR and RB are the only positions that matter.   DeMarco Murray was a stud in Dallas because of the offensive line.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Randy "Duke" Johnson appears to be a little disgruntled with his workload in Cleveland. I wonder what the price tag on him is? I've always been a big fan of his skill set and I think in the right situation he can be a star player. I believe he is signed through 2021 and at a far price. If I had to guess, Cleveland's asking price will probably be a little high for Ballard's liking but I hope he's entertaining the idea.

He’s not a 20 carry RB. Pass

I remember a lot of Colts players had Duke Johnson on their mock drafts. I haven't paid too much attention to him after his rookie year. Looks like the Browns aren't giving him that many touches. Roughly 5 per game or so. He's behind Carlos Hyde who is more of an every down back but Duke Johnson could but has never seen the opportunity. I wouldn't put too much into him though at this point.

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

I don’t know if we’ve been watching the same player. He’s playing good not great. He gave up some costly sacks that helped both the eagles and Texans seal the game.

I think he has been the anchor of the line this season.   He's been great in his rookie year.

This week, Nelson is the fourth Colts 2018 newcomer to be among the top 10 at his position, and the third offensive lineman. It looks even better when you consider the Colts selected Nelson in the first round of the 2018 Draft, followed by Smith in the second round. With Slauson added as some dependable veteran insurance, the three acquisitions are paying off thus far.

Nelson made PFF’s Week 5 NFL Team of the Week as the left guard. Here’s what they had to say about the rookie:

“A strange week sees most of our top performances at the guard position come on the right side, but the sixth overall selection in the 2018 NFL Draft makes his first appearance on the PFF Team of the Week with a solid showing on Thursday Night Football. He produced the best PFF overall grade of his career in the loss to the Patriots, allowing a hit and two hurries from 62 pass-blocking snaps.”

https://www.colts.com/news/quenton-nelson-makes-pff-s-team-of-the-week-offense-recognized