Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian and Dakich

Matabix

I trust Polians analysis, however, I do question his take on our talent.  He said we were bottom third in talent.  Now, I define talent as your ceiling even before you hit it.  For example,  Turay has talent but just hasn’t realized it yet.  All of our talent is young.  Is Polian saying that if our young guys develop this year,  then our talent level increases or is he saying we are bottom third regardless and just need another draft or 2?

43 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I trust Polians analysis, however, I do question his take on our talent.  He said we were bottom third in talent.  Now, I define talent as your ceiling even before you hit it.  For example,  Turay has talent but just hasn’t realized it yet.  All of our talent is young.  Is Polian saying that if our young guys develop this year,  then our talent level increases or is he saying we are bottom third regardless and just need another draft or 2?

Probably a combination of both.  I look forward to next year.  I think back to what Dungy said back as coach “The biggest development in a players career is going from year one to year two.”  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

He drafted Manning. 

And Edge....

And Freeney...

And Wayne..

And Mathis...

And Clark...

And Bob Sanders...

And Tom Moore. 

And sweet pea burns and a ton of others like that. 

But yes he struck gold gold with out main group. 

Polian was just making a point that, in order to consistently win, you need elite talent. Dallas Clark was a game-breaking TE. Doyle, is not, fumbles the ball and we lose. Reggie Wayne could do everything. TY has limitations, and is not a good red zone threat. If Colts had top shelf WR and TE, we are easily 3-0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Polian was just making a point that, in order to consistently win, you need elite talent. Dallas Clark was a game-breaking TE. Doyle, is not, fumbles the ball and we lose. Reggie Wayne could do everything. TY has limitations, and is not a good red zone threat. If Colts had top shelf WR and TE, we are easily 3-0

Man I miss Marv, his hands were like glue....heck all he needed was one hand

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LockeDown said:

I think he mostly meant on offense. He gushed more than once about the guys we have on D and the coaching. Didn't have much to say  positive about the offensive personnel other than Nelson, Luck, and Hilton.

49 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think he mostly meant on offense. He gushed more than once about the guys we have on D and the coaching. Didn't have much to say  positive about the offensive personnel other than Nelson, Luck, and Hilton.

Don't remember if he mentioned Castonzo, the last remaining Colt he drafted. 

• Like 1