Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We played a hell of a game

CR91

Thank you CR. I feel the same way. 

The Colts shot themselves in the foot today with penalties but they played well enough to win, just couldn’t get it done.

The National narrative was how much better the Eagles were than the Colts. I think the Colts showed today, that’s not true.

They are going to be okay 

• Like 2

These stats were the reason we lost the game..

Overall the defense gave us numerous chances to win the game and our offense failed numerously in the red zone. I still believe in Frank Reich, but he had some highly questionable calls in the red zone. I hated the toss to Wilkins on 3rd and goal at one stage. The Barnett sack, leaving him one on one with Clark was questionable. 

Franks got to re-look at his red zone play book. Also AC, Doyle and Mack were big losses. We need a big bodied WR opposite Hilton to make a play. Hilton was the only receiver today that was capable of making a play. Chester Rodgers dropping a pass and the under throw to Ebron were costly.

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Am I the only one who saw the eagles player step out of bounds before diving over the first down marker? That was a stop and the eagles don’t score on that drive if it’s called correctly 

I saw that. They should have been called for helmet shot too and the flag was picked up. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

These stats were the reason we lost the game..

Overall the defense gave us numerous chances to win the game and our offense failed numerously in the red zone. I still believe in Frank Reich, but he had some highly questionable calls in the red zone. I hated the toss to Wilkins on 3rd and goal at one stage. The Barnett sack, leaving him one on one with Clark was questionable. 

Franks got to re-look at his red zone play book. Also AC, Doyle and Mack were big losses. We need a big bodied WR opposite Hilton to make a play. Hilton was the only receiver today that was capable of making a play. Chester Rodgers dropping a pass and the under throw to Ebron were costly.

Good points. That pass to Ebron should have went to TY. He was open, 10-15 yards downfield and near the sideline.

I can see that easily but then again, I don’t have 300lb lineman coming after me.

3 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

The thing that sucks about that is there is a ref standing directly behind this. The same exact ref when runs up and calls it a first down. 

Is that a reviewable play? If so Frank should have used the flag there. I'm pretty sure they didn't replay it up on the jumbotron being in Philly.

:ranton:

On to play Houston, I'm just ready to stop pointing fingers at Luck, the oline, the backs, the receivers, TEs, the defense having penalties, the refs giving them, the NFL loving the Eagles, the rain, Luck's rust, the coaching, the playcalls, or any other thing. It's time for us to focus on beating Houston to stay in the mix in our division. Not on how we lost it. It was a team effort. We win as a team, we lose as one. It's not our job to figure out what went wrong and what to fix, that's our coaching staff's job.

:rantoff:

But seriously, at least we're not the Texans...

4 hours ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Darius Leonard is an absolute monster on defense. The defense is good, the offense NEEDS to pick it up though. Luck needs more weapons, but I'm sure Doyle being out on that front hurt today. Luck struggled and we had some killer penalties, and drops on possible touchdowns. Just too many mistakes.

We need our bookend offensive linemen.  The tackles struggled a bit at times.