Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ridgeway has calf injury

Jason_

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but I saw Hassan Ridgeway leave the game after being in for a few plays but couldn't tell what was wrong and didn't hear an update during the game. Seems he injured his calf.  

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/colts-hassan-ridgeway-leaves-game-with-calf-injury-wont-return/

Hope he's ok.  The few plays he was out there he looked like he was shot out of a cannon when the ball was snapped.  He disrupted several plays in a row before going out.  Hope this is just a minor injury and hopefully he'll get more playing time in the near future.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, J@son said:

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but I saw Hassan Ridgeway leave the game after being in for a few plays but couldn't tell what was wrong and didn't hear an update during the game. Seems he injured his calf.  

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/colts-hassan-ridgeway-leaves-game-with-calf-injury-wont-return/

Hope he's ok.  The few plays he was out there he looked like he was shot out of a cannon when the ball was snapped.  He disrupted several plays in a row before going out.  Hope this is just a minor injury and hopefully he'll get more playing time in the near future.

you sure that wasn't Jihad Ward looking like he was shot out of the cannon?  Ridgeway didn't do anything to embarrass himself when in, but I don't remember noticing him in particular.  Ward however, notched a sack and was in the backfield very quickly, several times when lined up on the inside.  ( I reserve the right to be completely and hopelessly wrong here, I missed the first qtr )

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

you sure that wasn't Jihad Ward looking like he was shot out of the cannon?  Ridgeway didn't do anything to embarrass himself when in, but I don't remember noticing him in particular.  Ward however, notched a sack and was in the backfield very quickly, several times when lined up on the inside.  ( I reserve the right to be completely and hopelessly wrong here, I missed the first qtr )

I saved the game so might rewatch it tonight for fun and I'll double check, but I'm 99% sure it was Ridgeway...it definitely was him on at least one or 2 of the plays I'm thinking of...and it was early in the game.  I don't remember seeing Ward on the field until after Ridgeway got hurt.  Mind you, I think Ridgeway was literally on the field for only those 3 plays.  And don't get me wrong, Ward was impressive as well so not trying to take anything away from him.  :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, J@son said:

I saved the game so might rewatch it tonight for fun and I'll double check, but I'm 99% sure it was Ridgeway...it definitely was him on at least one or 2 of the plays I'm thinking of...and it was early in the game.  I don't remember seeing Ward on the field until after Ridgeway got hurt.  Mind you, I think Ridgeway was literally on the field for only those 3 plays.  And don't get me wrong, Ward was impressive as well so not trying to take anything away from him.  :)

It's just nice to have a discussion over which one of MULTIPLE D players it was that looked so good.... lol

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

Hope it's not serious. Glad it's not an ACL, PCL, MCL, or Achilles type deal.

Found this, I am also glad it's not those either......hopefully he doesn't have to go on IR to free a position up in which case it would probably be a III.

A typical grade I calf strain will heal in 7 to 10 days, a grade II injury within about 4 to 6 weeks, and a grade III calf strain within about 3 months. The most common injury is a grade II calf strain that takes about 6 weeks for complete healing.

Thanks, I was just getting ready to start a thread to ask if anyone heard about Ridgeway's injury.

As someone who is currently dealing with a Grade III strain, I can tell you they are no fun.  The worst part is, it starts to feel pretty good after a week or so... you can walk normal again, stairs are no problem, even balancing on one foot no longer poses a problem, but you cannot do anything that activates the quick twitch muscles or you will aggravate it and set yourself back a couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

Found this, I am also glad it's not those either......hopefully he doesn't have to go on IR to free a position up in which case it would probably be a III.

A typical grade I calf strain will heal in 7 to 10 days, a grade II injury within about 4 to 6 weeks, and a grade III calf strain within about 3 months. The most common injury is a grade II calf strain that takes about 6 weeks for complete healing.

tape him up and get him out there!

Can't wait to get him back. He's definitely ready to break out. We have a lot of nice players on the DL right now between Autry, Ridgeway, Jihad Ward, Al Woods. I even saw Grover Stewart bust through there one time. Margus Hunt played some 3 tech as well. And we have Tyquan Lewis that we can bring off the IR as well. We got a really solid bunch of athletes on our DL.

• Like 2