Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not going for 2

coltsorioles

5 minutes ago, coltsorioles said:

I knew it was a mistake when they got up by 12 and did not go for 2.   If they make it at the end you only need a field goal. It's simple mathematics, 3rd quarter you go for 2 in that situation

If we get three on the first drive we would not have to even think about this 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, love the shoe said:

no but that would have changed the way we would have played on the last drive , we were talking about going for two   where I grew up 3 was a higher number than 2  :)

Yea, well you were talking about going for two so that we would of played the last drive differently, which isn’t the case. Try to follow along. Yes going for two MIGHT have made it so that we only needed a FG to tie the game, but it would not of changed the last drive that much. You don’t think we would of tried to push the ball down the field and go for the win?

1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

Yea, well you were talking about going for two so that we would of played the last drive differently, which isn’t the case. Try to follow along. Yes going for two MIGHT have made it so that we only needed a FG to tie the game, but it would not of changed the last drive that much. You don’t think we would of tried to push the ball down the field and go for the win?

no I said if we would have got 3 on the first drive we would have been down by 1 nt 4 and a filed goal to win would have been all we needed right , so that last pass to Jack would have probably never happened , we were in range and in my opinion would have ran the ball and the clock down for the winning FG   just my opinion

8 minutes ago, love the shoe said:

no I said if we would have got 3 on the first drive we would have been down by 1 nt 4 and a filed goal to win would have been all we needed right , so that last pass to Jack would have probably never happened , we were in range and in my opinion would have ran the ball and the clock down for the winning FG   just my opinion

Your correct. Sorry I thought you was the OP, which is who I was replying to with my first post, not yours. I agree with you, so not sure why you replied to my post like you did. It’s all good. 

1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

Your correct. Sorry I thought you was the OP, which is who I was replying to with my first post, not yours. I agree with you, so not sure why you replied to my post like you did. It’s all good. 

yea ITs all good  I was just saying with the 3 on the first drive we wouldn't have never thought about going for two 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

I knew it was a mistake when they got up by 12 and did not go for 2.   If they make it at the end you only need a field goal. It's simple mathematics, 3rd quarter you go for 2 in that situation

Way too early, too many variables yet to happen. Hindsight is 20/20 but missing the 2pt conversion could have changed the game in a different and not in a good way. We also had two first and goal situation and we could not score so maybe coach didn't have confidence and just got the point

You also have to remember that we got lined up and the opponent got to see our formation for our best 2pt play before the game was delayed. I'd rather not show my hand then try to force a play the other team is ready for. Just like the FG after the timeout. They saw our formation and we elected to kick it. Made sense to me. Doyle could have easily fumbled trying to get us into better FG range anyways...we lost because we made too many mistakes. We played a good game for most of it...had some lapses in critical moments and gave it away. Simple as that.