Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

Who are some RBs/WRs who are undervalued that I should reach for? And why? I’m kinda looking for guys who are in position to succeed due to a large workload/high target share. I haven’t put in nearly as much research as my last few years and my draft is tomorrow. 

Here's how some our recent draft went, and I think you could pull some of these in the later rounds. I don't necessarily advocate for reaching if there's better available. I'll be starting in round 8.

Rd 8:

-Cooper Kupp: No. # 2 rookie receiver last year, most fantasy points for WR on the rams last year as well. 4th in Redzone targets for the NFL. Could go in 9th round, I pulled the trigger in the 8th because he usually goes late 8th early 9th

-Chris Carson: Seattle is looking to run more, He added weight and will be starter. Could get him in the 9th as well.

-Marlon Mack: Due to injury, you could pull the trigger on him later, possibly 10th. He went early in our league imo as I had him tagged as a 10th rd pick.

Rd 9:

-Robby Anderson: Solid receiver, may have went late in our draft as he has gone earlier. He is one you could target in the 8th as well, but I feel 9th was a good spot for him. Be wary of pending suspension

-Peyton Barber: He has won the starting role in Tampa and looks to be a solid choice. He actually got drafted in 10th, which at the time I thought was a reach cause he was going later. But due to Ronald Jones falling back, Barbers ADP has been rising

-Pierre Garcon: Getting drafted in the 9th in our league might look to be a steal as he is getting drafted earlier in a lot of leagues. Look for him to go as early as the 7th, but if he is there in 8th or 9th, definitely get him. The upgrade to QB in San Fran is going to help him and he is going to be their #1 WR.

Rd 10:

-Kerryon Johnson: He looks to be their main back, but concerns over Blount for goal line and Riddick for Passing downs. If he is there in the 11th or 12th, I'd say get him.

-Devonte Parker: Jarvis Landry is gone, he has the potential to be a solid WR3. He doesn't have much competition except for Amendola (Rd 12). If he's there in the 10th I say get him, especially in the 11th.

-Sterling Shephard: I know Odell is there, I know Engram is there. But those are the only other two and Odell will be double teamed, leaving plenty of space in the middle of the field for Shepherd to exploit. He gets a health amount of targets and is worth considering in 10th round, possibly 9th.

-Kelvin Benjamin: Has potential to break out as it is a contract year and he has a full offseason with the Bills now to learn their offense. Might be a bit early in the 10th and could push him to 11th or 12th.

-Tarik Cohen: Handcuff to Jordan Howard, the bears have the easiest run defense SoS. If it is a PPR league, he gets plenty of targets. Matt Nagy has expressed his like for Cohen and wants to use him in various roles. If he is there in 10th, get him for sure.

Rd 11:

-Allen Hurns: Can lineup anywhere and is a matchup problem. He's probably Dallas' best receiver and could reach near 100 targets. Injury history is a concern, but he should be an easy choice come Rd 11, if not sooner.

-Kenny Golloday: Has high upside in Detroit, has shown flashes of fantasy excellence, definitely worth an 11th or 12th round pick

-Will Fuller: He should have gone way sooner in our league imo now that I look back. Deshaun Watson is back and Fuller is going to come back. Start thinking about him around Rd 7 or 8 honestly.

Rd 12:

-Josh Doctson: Big redzone target. Worth a late round pick.

-Adrian Peterson: Nuff said

-Jordy Nelson: His value is there starting in Rd 8. With a full training camp, and Amari Cooper and Brant on the outside's, the targets will be there as a possession receiver.

Names to Consider in Rd 13+:

-Theo Riddick

-Michael Gallup

-Donte Moncrief

-Martavis Bryant

• Like 1

Need some second and third opinions on possible trade

Team 1: Leveon Bell (possibly holding out) and Sammy Watkins

for

Team 2: Devonta Freeman and Michael Thomas.

Team 1 remaining roster:

RB: Jordan Howard, Legarrette Blount, Samaje Perine

WR: Mike Evans, AJ Green, DJ Moore, Josh Doctson

Team 2 remaining roster:

RB: Royce Freeman, Jeremy Hill, Tarik Cohen, Sony Michael

WR: TY Hilton, Randall Cobb, Larry Fitz, Marquise Goodwin

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I never do 2 defenses,   but your lineup looks good for a 12 team league. I'm guessing you drafted at 11 or 12??

No. 10, good guess. :thmup:

Patriots and Steelers, the teams they play on their schedule lines up well with the AFC East, Browns, Bengals etc., that is the reason I chose it that way. At least the FF pundits (so called ones on sites) say that if you don't have an elite D, get a couple of Ds with good match ups around the year, that is what I am counting on. We will see.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Here's how some our recent draft went, and I think you could pull some of these in the later rounds. I don't necessarily advocate for reaching if there's better available. I'll be starting in round 8.

Rd 8:

-Cooper Kupp: No. # 2 rookie receiver last year, most fantasy points for WR on the rams last year as well. 4th in Redzone targets for the NFL. Could go in 9th round, I pulled the trigger in the 8th because he usually goes late 8th early 9th

-Chris Carson: Seattle is looking to run more, He added weight and will be starter. Could get him in the 9th as well.

-Marlon Mack: Due to injury, you could pull the trigger on him later, possibly 10th. He went early in our league imo as I had him tagged as a 10th rd pick.

Rd 9:

-Robby Anderson: Solid receiver, may have went late in our draft as he has gone earlier. He is one you could target in the 8th as well, but I feel 9th was a good spot for him. Be wary of pending suspension

-Peyton Barber: He has won the starting role in Tampa and looks to be a solid choice. He actually got drafted in 10th, which at the time I thought was a reach cause he was going later. But due to Ronald Jones falling back, Barbers ADP has been rising

-Pierre Garcon: Getting drafted in the 9th in our league might look to be a steal as he is getting drafted earlier in a lot of leagues. Look for him to go as early as the 7th, but if he is there in 8th or 9th, definitely get him. The upgrade to QB in San Fran is going to help him and he is going to be their #1 WR.

Rd 10:

-Kerryon Johnson: He looks to be their main back, but concerns over Blount for goal line and Riddick for Passing downs. If he is there in the 11th or 12th, I'd say get him.

-Devonte Parker: Jarvis Landry is gone, he has the potential to be a solid WR3. He doesn't have much competition except for Amendola (Rd 12). If he's there in the 10th I say get him, especially in the 11th.

-Sterling Shephard: I know Odell is there, I know Engram is there. But those are the only other two and Odell will be double teamed, leaving plenty of space in the middle of the field for Shepherd to exploit. He gets a health amount of targets and is worth considering in 10th round, possibly 9th.

-Kelvin Benjamin: Has potential to break out as it is a contract year and he has a full offseason with the Bills now to learn their offense. Might be a bit early in the 10th and could push him to 11th or 12th.

-Tarik Cohen: Handcuff to Jordan Howard, the bears have the easiest run defense SoS. If it is a PPR league, he gets plenty of targets. Matt Nagy has expressed his like for Cohen and wants to use him in various roles. If he is there in 10th, get him for sure.

Rd 11:

-Allen Hurns: Can lineup anywhere and is a matchup problem. He's probably Dallas' best receiver and could reach near 100 targets. Injury history is a concern, but he should be an easy choice come Rd 11, if not sooner.

-Kenny Golloday: Has high upside in Detroit, has shown flashes of fantasy excellence, definitely worth an 11th or 12th round pick

-Will Fuller: He should have gone way sooner in our league imo now that I look back. Deshaun Watson is back and Fuller is going to come back. Start thinking about him around Rd 7 or 8 honestly.

Rd 12:

-Josh Doctson: Big redzone target. Worth a late round pick.

-Adrian Peterson: Nuff said

-Jordy Nelson: His value is there starting in Rd 8. With a full training camp, and Amari Cooper and Brant on the outside's, the targets will be there as a possession receiver.

Names to Consider in Rd 13+:

-Theo Riddick

-Michael Gallup

-Donte Moncrief

-Martavis Bryant

Good choices. I snagged Barber and Benjamin myself, so I agree with your assessments.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

any advice on the trade I mentioned above?

7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Need some second and third opinions on possible trade

Team 1: Leveon Bell (possibly holding out) and Sammy Watkins

for

Team 2: Devonta Freeman and Michael Thomas.

Team 1 remaining roster:

RB: Jordan Howard, Legarrette Blount, Samaje Perine

WR: Mike Evans, AJ Green, DJ Moore, Josh Doctson

Team 2 remaining roster:

RB: Royce Freeman, Jeremy Hill, Tarik Cohen, Sony Michael

WR: TY Hilton, Randall Cobb, Larry Fitz, Marquise Goodwin

Which team are you?

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Which team are you?

I am Neither, but the same offer came to me.  Team one is looking to give away Leveon in a trade as they lost Mckinnon.

Here's my team

RB: Cook, Gordon, MIxon, D. Henry, P. Barber

WR: Diggs, Landry, D. Parker, C. Davis, C. Kupp

He wants Melvin Gordon and Jarvis Landry (Primary Trade Target) for Bell and Watkins. I'm thinking with coming back with Cook instead. My WR corp is going to look bad without landry, as I know Landry is getting 100+ targets this year. Tyrod is going to be getting rid of the ball quick, and Landry is his guy with great hands.

30 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I am Neither, but the same offer came to me.  Team one is looking to give away Leveon in a trade as they lost Mckinnon.

Here's my team

He wants Melvin Gordon and Jarvis Landry (Primary Trade Target) for Bell and Watkins. I'm thinking with coming back with Cook instead. My WR corp is going to look bad without landry, as I know Landry is getting 100+ targets this year. Tyrod is going to be getting rid of the ball quick, and Landry is his guy with great hands.

Oddly enough I like the trade for both teams in the first scenario.

Team 1 turns Bell (who will be amazing but will have his inevitable slow start whenever he does report) and Watkins (who rides name recognition but has never really done anything fantasy-wise- His best year he wasn't even a top-10 guy in most leagues) into much needed help w a top-15 RB and top-10 WR. Team 2 has enough WR depth to lost Thomas without it killing him and he desperately needs a top-5 RB with the question marks at RB.

As for you making the move, I am not sure if it makes much sense for you.

Bell would be great to have, but as you mentioned, you are relying on Landry to lead your WRs.

Davis might break out. Parker too. But both haven't shown yet that they are capable of leading a squad.

If I owned your team, the absolute best offer I would give him would be either Cook or Mixon to go with Landry. And I would want back Bell and Doctson.

I prefer Doctson to Watkins until I see Watkins do anything.

Hill still looks like the guy in KC and Watkins is at best 3rd in the pecking order behind Hill/Kelce

At least Docston has a fighting chance to fight Crowder/Reed/Richardson for the alpha role and he is not 100% behind two other guys in pecking order.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Here's my team

I'd even try Gordon and Mixon first, which is more appropriate given where Bell and Watkins are drafted.

You are giving round 1 and round 2 RBs in Gordon and Cook, but only round 1 and 3 RBs in Gordon and Mixon, IMO. In fact, if you are giving up Gordon and Mixon, I'd get LeVeon Bell and D.J. Moore, nothing less.

I think the ball is not in the LeVeon Bell owner's court right now.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I'd even try Gordon and Mixon first, which is more appropriate given where Bell and Watkins are drafted.

You are giving round 1 and round 2 RBs in Gordon and Cook, but only round 1 and 3 RBs in Gordon and Mixon, IMO. In fact, if you are giving up Gordon and Mixon, I'd get LeVeon Bell and D.J. Moore, nothing less.

I think the ball is not in the LeVeon Bell owner's court right now.

He wants cook and mixon for bell now. Why high on Moore?

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Because the Panthers' D is nothing to be afraid of and they will be in plenty of shootouts inside and outside their division, IMO. Funchess, Olsen, McCaffrey are Top 3 but D.J.Moore is most likely to benefit as the 2nd WR as time goes on. Torrey Smith is not as fast as he used to be, and this Maryland product will replace the old one, IMO as the year goes on. Plus, he is a YAC guy that can catch underneath as well, hence can play inside and outside better than Doctson, IMO.

Doctson, there was something about him last year. He would catch 1 or 2 balls on the outside, out of which one will be a TD and he goes quiet after that, never felt he ran routes well. I bought into his hype, rostered him without much production last year, maybe that is why I feel that way. It was Crowder and Ryan Grant catching everything underneath for the Redskins otherwise. He is not Tyreek Hill to stretch the field with Alex Smith, so it is checkdown Alex again, with Crowder and the RBs/TEs benefiting the most.

At least that is my reasoning. 

Is his final offer Le'Veon Bell and Sammy Watkins from him for Cook and Mixon from you? Did I hear that right? If yes, it does seem like you do gain from this trade in the long run. At least most sites say so. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Man I think I would jump on a deal that nets you Bell for Cook and Mixon.

You can add Bell to Gordon without giving up any of your WR potential.

I still would prefer Doctson or DJ Moore to Watkins personally.

But getting Bell without having to give up Landry or Gordon now is a pretty big win in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

How does my team look? Just finished my draft in a 10 man keeper league.

QBs

stafford

matt Ryan 

RBs

Ezekiel Elliot - keeper

saquon Barkley

Joe Mixon

Peyton Barber

WRs/TE

Tyreek Hill

TY

Jimmy Graham

cooper kupp 

Will fuller

Devonte Parker

Def

Rams

K

chris Boswell

Solid man. Hope my advice helped.

How did you get elliot and barkley?

On 9/3/2018 at 5:10 AM, DaveA1102 said:

Question for the forum re my starting lineup week 1.

I have Luck and Ebron in my starters as I think that will bear fruit as the year progresses.  I also picked up Wilkins this week with it looking more than likely we have no Mack or Turbin for at least the first couple of weeks and so Wilkins should be RB1 for us. 

Is it foolish to play all 3 at the same time?

My RB1 is D Johnson, and I also have Ajayi, Breida and Nich Chubb.  Ajayi only just coming back from a minor injury and wont be a true RB1.  

FYI for flex my WR crew is Adams, Cooks and Landry in the flex.

I would probably go with Ajayi myself. I’d wait and see just how many touches Wilkins gets first and how he produces before starting him. More risk than reward if you ask me. You know Ajayi is going to get his touches and goal line work. 

4 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Okay so someone in my league offered to trade me Le’Veon Bell and Jarvis Landry for my Saquon Barkley. Very very risky dealing with Bell right now. My gut tells me not to take it, but if Bell comes back in the next few weeks then that would be a steal for me

Barkley isn't a guarantee either. Jarvis is going to do things in Cleveland I believe. Tyrod is being taught to get rid of the ball quicker, that means landry is getting majority of the targets. With his 70% catch rate, he's going to get his catches. I would really think about it.

How does this trade sound?

I trade Dalvin Cook and Jarvis Landry

For

Antonio Brown

My team

RB: Cook, Gordon, Mixon, D. Henry, P. Barber

His team:

RB: C. McCaffrey, L. Miller, I. Crowell, J. Williams

WR: A. Brown, T. Hill, E. Sanders, P. Garcon

Is Cook to much for me to offer, should I go Mixon? Is Mixon to much of a low ball?

Though trader analyzers say he wins out. But Mixon isn't necessarily any better than Miller.

Other option could be Gordon for Brown straight up.

7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

How does this trade sound?

I trade Dalvin Cook and Jarvis Landry

For

Antonio Brown

My team

RB: Cook, Gordon, Mixon, D. Henry, P. Barber

His team:

RB: C. McCaffrey, L. Miller, I. Crowell, J. Williams

WR: A. Brown, T. Hill, E. Sanders, P. Garcon

Is Cook to much for me to offer, should I go Mixon? Is Mixon to much of a low ball?

Though trader analyzers say he wins out. But Mixon isn't necessarily any better than Miller.

Other option could be Gordon for Brown straight up.

If it’s a ppr I would do that, but if not then I’d keep cook. Last year he was on pace for a top 3 finish at RB. I know it’s a small sample but he definitely has the talent to replicate that over a full season.

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2018 at 5:10 AM, DaveA1102 said:

Question for the forum re my starting lineup week 1.

I have Luck and Ebron in my starters as I think that will bear fruit as the year progresses.  I also picked up Wilkins this week with it looking more than likely we have no Mack or Turbin for at least the first couple of weeks and so Wilkins should be RB1 for us. 

Is it foolish to play all 3 at the same time?

My RB1 is D Johnson, and I also have Ajayi, Breida and Nich Chubb.  Ajayi only just coming back from a minor injury and wont be a true RB1.  

FYI for flex my WR crew is Adams, Cooks and Landry in the flex.

I really hope you played Ajayi!!

1 hour ago, Btown_Colt said:

Nice. I had Devonta Freeman and he didn’t do %. Started off good the first drive and then he disappeared.

I got Mixon and Ajayi I hope they can do their part this season cause RB is my weakness I drafted 8th out of 10 and all the best backs went before my pick 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I got Mixon and Ajayi I hope they can do their part this season cause RB is my weakness I drafted 8th out of 10 and all the best backs went before my pick 

Yea I’m in a similar boat in my PPR league as well. I ended up with Mixon, who I am hoping breaks out this year, and Derick Henry. I did end up with AB and Hopkins though! Running backs went like crazy this year. 

Im not sure about Barber. I drafted Ronald Jones thinking (hoping) he takes over soon. But if your comfortable with your receivers, Barber may not be a bad pick up, for a couple weeks anyways. I’m assuming he would be a FA pick up and not a waiver claim? 

2 hours ago, Btown_Colt said:

Yea I’m in a similar boat in my PPR league as well. I ended up with Mixon, who I am hoping breaks out this year, and Derick Henry. I did end up with AB and Hopkins though! Running backs went like crazy this year. 

Im not sure about Barber. I drafted Ronald Jones thinking (hoping) he takes over soon. But if your comfortable with your receivers, Barber may not be a bad pick up, for a couple weeks anyways. I’m assuming he would be a FA pick up and not a waiver claim? 

Yeah FA pickup I also got 2 great WR I got Julio and Hopkins lol 

1 hour ago, ColtsGermany said:

Who would you play that week? (2 out of 3)

D. Adams

L. Fitzgerald

A. Peterson

Have one wr and the flex postition open. 

If you're talking about this week, you cant pass on Adams and Fitz.

Adams should honestly be your continual starter.

5 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Kamara, Barkley, Cook, and Mccaffrey were the top backs left. I felt Barkley had the better upside and bigger workload over kamara. 

I totally forgot you said it was a keeper league lol I was trying to figure out why Barkley went 3rd haha makes more sense after I I realized that 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Should I drop Chris Thompson Watkins or marqise Goodwin?

Depends on what the rest of your team looks like, but straight up replace a rb with an rb. Barbers projected better than Thompson. Thompson's guaranteed splitting carries, barbers not so long as Jones has fumble issues.

But i think he can be better than all 3. 

Between Watkins and Goodwin, I think goodwin gets the edge.