Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

2 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Depends on what the rest of your team looks like, but straight up replace a rb with an rb. Barbers projected better than Thompson. Thompson's guaranteed splitting carries, barbers not so long as Jones has fumble issues.

But i think he can be better than all 3. 

Between Watkins and Goodwin, I think goodwin gets the edge.

Also have on Howard as my backup te the rest are too good to drop lol 

8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Sorry I meant OJ Howard my phone corrected it to on lol 

Ah my mistake. OJ Howard can be good but he splits with brate who steals TDs from him. Bucs also sit around 18th for strength of schedule, not an easy road for them. 

You could just stream your TE during your starters bye week.

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Ah my mistake. OJ Howard can be good but he splits with brate who steals TDs from him. Bucs also sit around 18th for strength of schedule, not an easy road for them. 

You could just stream your TE during your starters bye week.

Tyler eifert is available in my league what you think about him?

9 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Olsen should be your starter every week, then just stream his bye week. Stash Howard if you think one week he has a good matchup.

Yeah I will start Olsen just was thinking about dropping Howard for eifert but not now anyway lol

I should be alright this season if Mixon can break out and ajayi can have a little consistency I have a greatest set of WRs tho

Olson is questionable for tomorrow's game with Dallas (back problem), so  whoever has him might want to check on his status before game time. He's had issues before, so it might be worthwhile to go with a back up just in case. 

I think that Ajayi is a good one to own; the Eagles will eventually be getting their offense back. 

(I only do daily fantasy PPR, , so I don't have any leagues where I draft players.)

On 9/8/2018 at 3:22 PM, teganslaw said:

Olson is questionable for tomorrow's game with Dallas (back problem), so  whoever has him might want to check on his status before game time. He's had issues before, so it might be worthwhile to go with a back up just in case. 

I think that Ajayi is a good one to own; the Eagles will eventually be getting their offense back. 

(I only do daily fantasy PPR, , so I don't have any leagues where I draft players.)

After the foot injury against Dallas should I presume Olsen to be out for the season?  I havn't heard anything but I have a wavier wire target in mind.  But the Panther's havn't said diddly about Olsen's injury.

45 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

After the foot injury against Dallas should I presume Olsen to be out for the season?  I havn't heard anything but I have a wavier wire target in mind.  But the Panther's havn't said diddly about Olsen's injury.

He is out for the near future

Current line-up

QB: Luck

WR: Diggs, Landr

RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook

TE: K. Rudolph

Flex: J. Mixon

Bench

Qb: Roethlisberger

WR: D. Parker, C. Kupp, C. Davis

RB: D. Henry, P. Barber

TE: T. Eifert

Im actually thinking of benching Mixon and starting Kupp in his place. The matchup is bad for Mixon.

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

Do I drop Jamison Crowder for Chris Godwin in a 14 team league I am in?

My current WRs: Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Chris Hogan, Jamison Crowder

If you plan on flexing Godwin then maybe as his current production is dependent on Jackson being out. You know what crowder is, you could take the chance on Godwin having a standout sophomore year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Gonna try to pick up jared cook or ebron if possible since Olsen is out 

I would plum for Cook if given the choice.  Ebron was not on the field that much but when he is he should get decent work, but Raiders have nothing at WR and so Cook could end up being Carr's #1 target.

15 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Current line-up

QB: Luck

WR: Diggs, Landr

RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook

TE: K. Rudolph

Flex: J. Mixon

Bench

Qb: Roethlisberger

WR: D. Parker, C. Kupp, C. Davis

RB: D. Henry, P. Barber

TE: T. Eifert

Im actually thinking of benching Mixon and starting Kupp in his place. The matchup is bad for Mixon.

Based on the weather, you may want to bench Luck and play Big Ben too, keep an eye on that.

I'd still play Mixon as a flex, due to the fact that he is a 3 down back and does not come off the field as much for Giovani to hog too much of the time share. By virtue of touches alone, it would be at worst a push with Kupp. TDs are unpredictable.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Narcosys said:

If you plan on flexing Godwin then maybe as his current production is dependent on Jackson being out. You know what crowder is, you could take the chance on Godwin having a standout sophomore year.

What about dropping Crowder for Dorsett or Geronimo Allison? They are available too.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

What about dropping Crowder for Dorsett or Geronimo Allison? They are available too.

Ooh that's a tough one. Dorsett produced and will continue to do so until Edelman returns, then its up in the air.  Allison has Rodgers an will produce, but most likely will be a roller coaster. 

Dorsett is probably going to be decent top solid the next three weeks, but Allison should be a matchup base for the season. Unless of course dorsett and Brady really get connected. 

Although I just read rodgers is day to day

33 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Ooh that's a tough one. Dorsett produced and will continue to do so until Edelman returns, then its up in the air.  Allison has Rodgers an will produce, but most likely will be a roller coaster. 

Dorsett is probably going to be decent top solid the next three weeks, but Allison should be a matchup base for the season. Unless of course dorsett and Brady really get connected. 

Although I just read rodgers is day to day

I am thinking Dorsett because of where he has been lined up, in the slot a lot recently. Even when Edelman returns, I feel he would be productive because like a previous Kenny Britt signing, the signing of Corey Coleman will take time to pay any dividends. Ocho Cinco, Kenny Britt, they always try and unless you have a whole off season, playing WR for the Patriots is not easy to grasp. Dorsett will still have a leg up because of that, I feel, long term because he can play inside and outside. I am hoping I am right. :) 

Do you ever play 2 WRs from the same team? If I get Geronimo Allison, I already have Davante Adams. If I get Dorsett, I already have Chris Hogan. Thoughts??? If I go along those lines, Chris Godwin makes the most sense, doesn't it? :) 

25 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am thinking Dorsett because of where he has been lined up, in the slot a lot recently. Even when Edelman returns, I feel he would be productive because like a previous Kenny Britt signing, the signing of Corey Coleman will take time to pay any dividends. Ocho Cinco, Kenny Britt, they always try and unless you have a whole off season, playing WR for the Patriots is not easy to grasp. Dorsett will still have a leg up because of that, I feel, long term because he can play inside and outside. I am hoping I am right. :) 

Do you ever play 2 WRs from the same team? If I get Geronimo Allison, I already have Davante Adams. If I get Dorsett, I already have Chris Hogan. Thoughts??? If I go along those lines, Chris Godwin makes the most sense, doesn't it? :) 

I don't think it's too crazy so long as the receivers produce. Godwin is technically 3rd in the pecking order for the Bucs. The patriots and packers both spread it around quite a bit and the packers can definitely sustain fantasy value for 3 WRs, so long as Rodgers is healthy.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Based on the weather, you may want to bench Luck and play Big Ben too, keep an eye on that.

I'd still play Mixon as a flex, due to the fact that he is a 3 down back and does not come off the field as much for Giovani to hog too much of the time share. By virtue of touches alone, it would be at worst a push with Kupp. TDs are unpredictable.

I want to pick up TJ Yeldon, but don't know who to drop D. Henry or P. Barber. Any thoughts?

Sorry for the double quote, don't know what happened. Dumb mobile version.

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I want to pick up TJ Yeldon, bit don't know who to drop D. Henry or P. Barber. Any thoughts?

Stand pat for now since the Titans always improve as the year goes on. If, after another game, neither Henry nor Barber get fully involved as expected, you can make the decision then.

• Thanks 1

Brandon Marshall is on waivers in my league, it is 0.5 pt. per reception. With Baldwin's injury and him playing opposite Baldwin most of the snaps, is he worth picking up? If yes, who do I drop?

The guys on my bench are:

Derrick Henry,

Ravens' D (thank goodness I benched them this week in this league, unlike another one)

Jared Goff

T.J. Yeldon

Geronimo Allison

Frank Gore

Chris Godwin

On 9/14/2018 at 5:11 PM, chad72 said:

Brandon Marshall is on waivers in my league, it is 0.5 pt. per reception. With Baldwin's injury and him playing opposite Baldwin most of the snaps, is he worth picking up? If yes, who do I drop?

Derrick Henry,

Ravens' D (thank goodness I benched them this week in this league, unlike another one)

Jared Goff

T.J. Yeldon

Geronimo Allison

Frank Gore

Chris Godwin

Yes, and whoever you think won't get picked up after a few weeks because baldwin will return.  Off the top if my head, Godwin.

On 9/14/2018 at 12:11 PM, chad72 said:

Derrick Henry,

Jared Goff

T.J. Yeldon

Geronimo Allison

Frank Gore

Chris Godwin

Drop the ravens d.  I never roster 2 defenses for more than a week

I feel like I'm in a pickle here.  I have several players on Thursday games, and I don't like playing Thursday players period, even if they are a stud.  Here's my roster. Thursday players marked **

.5 PPR

QB: B. Roethlisberger @TB

RB: M. Gordon @LAR

RB: D. Cook vs Buf

WR: S. Diggs vs Buf

WR: J. Landry ** vs NYJ

TE: K. Rudolph vs Buf

Flex: B. Powell ** @Cle

Bench

QB: A. Luck @Phi

RB: J. Mixon (Out), A. Ekeler @LAR,

WR: D. Paerker (Q) vs Oak,

Q. Enunwa ** @Cle,

C. Kupp vs LAC,

C. Davis @Jax

I've got Landry as a starter and I want to flex Powell or Enunwa because I think they'll perform better, but taking into account Thursday games, I am always cautious and thinking of flexing Kupp as he is a solid possession receiver that plays well into that offense.  But even so, do I play Landry or Enunwa as my other WR, both on Thursday. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I feel like I'm in a pickle here.  I have several players on Thursday games, and I don't like playing Thursday players period, even if they are a stud.  Here's my roster. Thursday players marked **

.5 PPR

QB: B. Roethlisberger @TB

RB: M. Gordon @LAR

RB: D. Cook vs Buf

WR: S. Diggs vs Buf

WR: J. Landry ** vs NYJ

TE: K. Rudolph vs Buf

Flex: B. Powell ** @Cle

Bench

QB: A. Luck @Phi

RB: J. Mixon (Out), A. Ekeler @LAR,

WR: D. Paerker (Q) vs Oak,

Q. Enunwa ** @Cle,

C. Kupp vs LAC,

C. Davis @Jax

I've got Landry as a starter and I want to flex Powell or Enunwa because I think they'll perform better, but taking into account Thursday games, I am always cautious and thinking of flexing Kupp as he is a solid possession receiver that plays well into that offense.  But even so, do I play Landry or Enunwa as my other WR, both on Thursday. Thanks.

Check Landry's injury status. I'd play Powell.

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2018 at 8:14 AM, Narcosys said:

Picking up B. Powell and Q. Enunwa, dropping T. Eifert but don't know else to drop, D. Henry or P. Barber.

Jags and dolphins D available, drop Denver? Thinking miami as they have the easier schedule

Jags' D available??? I'd take them in a heartbeat. Of course, they are going against Blaine Gabbert who beat them as a Cardinal last year, now he is in the same division this year, very interesting!!!

I'd drop Barber over Henry because we have seen the Titans get better with time and their starting OL is not completely healthy now, that is a big factor. Barber has gotten plenty of touches, unlike Henry, and still has not produced.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Check Landry's injury status. I'd play Powell.

I think I might go with kupp. I think he's got the better play here with that defense. The best CBs are going to be on the outside, leaving kupp alone and working posessions against linebackers. With the running game, i think he fills a good role in this game as they are going to work those possessions. 

The even split with crowell and browns holding kamara to 99 yards and no TDs has me backing off then for now, especially on a Thursday game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I think I might go with kupp. I think he's got the better play here with that defense. The best CBs are going to be on the outside, leaving kupp alone and working posessions against linebackers. With the running game, i think he fills a good role in this game as they are going to work those possessions. 

The even split with crowell and browns holding kamara to 99 yards and no TDs has me backing off then for now, especially on a Thursday game.

Thursday nights favor the home team defense, typically, and I would agree after seeing the Ravens' D lay an egg while the Bengals' D romped over them.