Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

6 hours ago, teganslaw said:

A curse on Pete Carroll and the Seahawks! 

I won in my daily fantasy, after all. Lindsey did OK after a slow start, and Amari Cooper got me over 30 points. 

When Amari Cooper went off, I thought of you. Good for you, man!!! :) 

• Like 1

Alright, only one league I am alive in (10 team standard league):

QBs: Trubisky, Prescott, Winston

RBs: Lindsay, D. Johnson, J. White, J. Adams (Corey Clement on IR, Rams' weak run D but no involvement in passing downs since Sproles returned), D. Cook (Dolphins have allowed only 57 yards to opposing rushers since week 11 bye week)

WRs: Davante Adams, Tyler Boyd, Curtis Samuel

TEs: Kelce

DST: Seahawks

Thoughts??

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros @teganslaw

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

RBs: Lindsay, D. Johnson, J. White, J. Adams (Corey Clement on IR, Rams' weak run D but no involvement in passing downs since Sproles returned), D. Cook (Dolphins have allowed only 57 yards to opposing rushers since week 11 bye week)

Thoughts??

I like this lineup. Kelce and Davante Adams are always good, and Boyd should have plenty of snaps with Green out. 

It's difficult to determine how quarterbacks will do, but Chicago has a chance to win their division this week, so I would stay with Trubisky.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Thoughts??

Dang, what happened to your WRs?

I think that's about the best you can do.

11 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Dang, what happened to your WRs?

I think that's about the best you can do.

I still have Calvin Ridley on waivers but I dropped him. I had Kenny Golladay at one point but I dropped him, he is with some other team right now. Boyd is the closest thing to a consistent WR2, given the history.

Ridley, D.J.Moore, Dante Pettis and Demaryius Thomas are all available on waivers. I felt I could trust Boyd the most. Any different thoughts from the names above? Or do I play Curtis Samuel for a safe floor and potential ceiling because my opponent has McCaffrey and Ian Thomas going on MNF while I have Will Lutz as kicker going on MNF. Does Curtis Samuel have greater ceiling than Boyd but the same floor?

I am going against a guy with Big Ben, JuJu, Keenan Allen, Zeke, McAffrey, Lamar Miller, Ian Thomas and the Bears' D. He was losing early on in the season in close games and made the playoffs with a 6-7 record after starting 2-7, and has been on a tear lately, winning 5 in a row to get to the fantasy semi-finals.

I am going to need contributions everywhere, safe to say.  :) 

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I still have Calvin Ridley on waivers but I dropped him. I had Kenny Golladay at one point but I dropped him, he is with some other team right now. Boyd is the closest thing to a consistent WR2, given the history.

Ridley, D.J.Moore, Dante Pettis and Demaryius Thomas are all available on waivers. I felt I could trust Boyd the most. Any different thoughts from the names above? Or do I play Curtis Samuel for a safe floor and potential ceiling because my opponent has McCaffrey and Ian Thomas going on MNF while I have Will Lutz as kicker going on MNF. Does Curtis Samuel have greater ceiling than Boyd but the same floor?

I am going against a guy with Big Ben, JuJu, Keenan Allen, Zeke, McAffrey, Lamar Miller, Ian Thomas and the Bears' D. He was losing early on in the season in close games and made the playoffs with a 6-7 record after starting 2-7, and has been on a tear lately, winning 5 in a row to get to the fantasy semi-finals.

I am going to need contributions everywhere, safe to say.  :) 

Pettis should be rostered immediately. 

Samuel is a tough choice. Go with your gut on that. But I do think he has a bigger ceiling.

27 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Pettis should be rostered immediately.

I got him right away. However, my gut feeling says he is not going to break out for a 75 yard score like he did 2 weeks ago vs Seahawks. 

My gut feeling says this about the trend of WRs with 3 consecutive games with TD catches:

Humphries - TD in weeks 11, 12 and 13, none in week 14, only 42 yards

David Moore (Seahawks) - TD in weeks 5, 6 and 8 with bye week in week 7, 16 yards in week 9

Pettis (SF) - TD in weeks 12, 13, 14, have a bad feeling about week 15 :) 

Guys I need a little help here..

Two starting QB league. 

Andrew Luck 

Aaron Rodgers

Spencer Ware\Damien Williams

Melvin Gordon\Austin Ekeler

Aaron Jones

Amari Cooper

Tyreek Hill

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Austin Hooper

Ka'imi Fairbairn

Chicago 

Bench

Derek Carr

Marlon Mark

Obviously I've been on a tear.. but since the playoffs start tonight i've been riddled by injueries and GODAWFUL matchups... I'm most concerned with Aaron Rodgers... should i start him of pick up a free agent just for this week??

HELP!! @Jared Cisneros @Narcosys

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Two starting QB league. 

Andrew Luck 

Aaron Rodgers

Aaron Jones

Amari Cooper

Tyreek Hill

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Austin Hooper

Ka'imi Fairbairn

Chicago 

Bench

Derek Carr

Marlon Mark

Obviously I've been on a tear.. but since the playoffs start tonight i've been riddled by injueries and GODAWFUL matchups... I'm most concerned with Aaron Rodgers... should i start him of pick up a free agent just for this week??

What is available on Waivers?  Is Justin Jackson there? 

You can't play both Ware and Williams I wouldn't think. Gordon and Ekeler are both out. You've got Ware and Jones right now starting I assume. Carr does have a perfect matchup cause the Bengals are only better than the Raiders when it comes to pass rush, so Carr should have time. But that is dependent on what his receivers can do. Unless there are some people on waivers, I think your hands are tied.

Just now, Narcosys said:

What is available on Waivers?  Is Justin Jackson there? 

You can't play both Ware and Williams I wouldn't think. Gordon and Ekeler are both out. You've got Ware and Jones right now starting I assume. Carr does have a perfect matchup cause the Bengals are only better than the Raiders when it comes to pass rush, so Carr should have time. But that is dependent on what his receivers can do. Unless there are some people on waivers, I think your hands are tied.

From what I'm seeing this morning Ware is doubtful. So I replaced him with Williams. Ekeler is out but Gordon is GTD. It's just a big mess lol 

I think I'm going to play Carr.. but I have a terrible gut feeling rodgers will make me weep..

8 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

From what I'm seeing this morning Ware is doubtful. So I replaced him with Williams. Ekeler is out but Gordon is GTD. It's just a big mess lol 

I think I'm going to play Carr.. but I have a terrible gut feeling rodgers will make me weep..

I was reading that McCarron was teaching Carr what to do against the Bengals. He used to be with them, so take it for what it's worth. Great matchup as well.

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Two starting QB league. 

Andrew Luck 

Aaron Rodgers

Aaron Jones

Amari Cooper

Tyreek Hill

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Austin Hooper

Ka'imi Fairbairn

Chicago 

Bench

Derek Carr

Marlon Mark

Gordon is a game time decision so just follow it, he may play as he not ruled out yet. If he isn't ruled out play him. I have Gordon also and now in the Final 4 is why I know this. He along with Luck/Hopkins/Rams D has been my money. Not sure who your backups are but I am sure in your league there aren't many to plug in at this point like my league is. I am going to follow it until I find out, then plug in my backup if I have too. My backup is Coleman. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Gordon is a game time decision so just follow it, he may play as he not ruled out yet. If he isn't ruled out play him. I have Gordon also and now in the Final 4 is why I know this. He along with Luck/Hopkins/Rams D has been my money. Not sure who your backups are but I am sure in your league there aren't many to plug in at this point like my league is. I am going to follow it until I find out, then plug in my backup if I have too. My backup is Coleman. 

Rams D vs Foles is a better option, IMO, as I doubt Rodgers will have his head in the sand like Goff, playing in cold weather. Plus, it is a 1 pm ET game in Chicago, unlike the colder night game for Goff. 

Other than that, everything looks good. 

11 minutes ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

Does anyone know if Melvin Gordon is playing tonight? I have Justin Jackson and need to know if I should start him.

I wouldn't trust Anthony Lynn, to be honest. I started Justin Jackson against the worst run D in the Bengals last week and I am out of the playoffs. He might end up giving enough carries to Newsome or someone else to mess up the RBC. Right now, Gordon is questionable but they say the field conditions in KC are not the greatest and makes you wonder if the Chargers are going to chance it. We know KC is sitting Ware and playing Damien Williams.

You have to wait till a game-time decision is made, that is the update.

9 hours ago, teganslaw said:

The Chargers added RB Treymaine Pope from practice squad to their roster, so it doesn't look good for Gordon. He's still listed as questionable, but I wouldn't count on him  starting. This update was from 6 hours ago. 

Looks like Justin Jackson got decent production, thanks to that TD. Otherwise, I thought Newsome ran just as well. 

• Like 2

On 12/12/2018 at 11:45 AM, chad72 said:

Thoughts??

On 12/12/2018 at 12:19 PM, teganslaw said:

I like this lineup. Kelce and Davante Adams are always good, and Boyd should have plenty of snaps with Green out. 

It's difficult to determine how quarterbacks will do, but Chicago has a chance to win their division this week, so I would stay with Trubisky.

Lindsay underwhelmed and it was a mistake not to play Dalvin Cook (kicking myself for it).

I am up by 25 points with Will Lutz to go and playing against Christian McCaffrey and Ian Thomas. Will be a close one. I lost by 3 points in another league on MNF last week, hopefully I come out on the winning end this week!!! (fingers crossed). 

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Lindsay underwhelmed and it was a mistake not to play Dalvin Cook (kicking myself for it).

I am up by 25 points with Will Lutz to go and playing against Christian McCaffrey and Ian Thomas. Will be a close one. I lost by 3 points in another league on MNF last week, hopefully I come out on the winning end this week!!! (fingers crossed). 

Yay, I won, I won, through to the championship game at work!!! :)

I got 7 from Lutz and my opponent got about 20 from CMC and Ian Thomas totally. I won by about 12 plus points. I couldn't have bore another MNF playoff exit, would have been a long offseason. I couldn't believe it when the Panthers got a touchback. Sean Payton should have just run it with Mark Ingram and got the safe FG, and what was that player Lewis thinking? I had my imagination go wild holding on to a 12 point lead that a game tying FG gets scored and then McAffrey beats me in OT but thanks to the Saints D, it did not happen (whew!!!).

Now, for the championship week at my work league, here is my line up:

QBs: Trubisky at SF on the road, Prescott vs TB at home (dropped Winston)

RBs: Lindsay at Oakland, D. Johnson vs Rams, Sony Michel vs Bills (yes, someone dropped him and I picked him up), Dalvin Cook at Detroit, James White vs Bills, Josh Adams at Dallas - do I play D. Johnson over any of those above?

WRs: Davante Adams, Tyler Boyd, Curtis Samuel, Dante Pettis (trying to pick up Robby Anderson by dropping Samuels)

DST: Seahawks (trying to pick up Titans vs Redskins), also available are Dolphins vs Jaguars which I think might be a sneaky play. 

What do you guys think?

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yay, I won, I won, through to the championship game at work!!! :)

I got 7 from Lutz and my opponent got about 20 from CMC and Ian Thomas totally. I won by about 12 plus points. I couldn't have bore another MNF playoff exit, would have been a long offseason. I couldn't believe it when the Panthers got a touchback. Sean Payton should have just run it with Mark Ingram and got the safe FG, and what was that player Lewis thinking? I had my imagination go wild holding on to a 12 point lead that a game tying FG gets scored and then McAffrey beats me in OT but thanks to the Saints D, it did not happen (whew!!!).

Now, for the championship week at my work league, here is my line up:

QBs: Trubisky at SF on the road, Prescott vs TB at home (dropped Winston)

RBs: Lindsay at Oakland, D. Johnson vs Rams, Sony Michel vs Bills (yes, someone dropped him and I picked him up), Dalvin Cook at Detroit, James White vs Bills, Josh Adams at Dallas - do I play D. Johnson over any of those above?

WRs: Davante Adams, Tyler Boyd, Curtis Samuel, Dante Pettis (trying to pick up Robby Anderson by dropping Samuels)

DST: Seahawks (trying to pick up Titans vs Redskins), also available are Dolphins vs Jaguars which I think might be a sneaky play. 

What do you guys think?

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros

I think you're good how you are on there. Make sure to get Robby Anderson if you can and start him, the Titans defense is very sneaky. I would not start Johnson over the other 3. You have everything in order. GL in the finals!

36 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think you're good how you are on there. Make sure to get Robby Anderson if you can and start him, the Titans defense is very sneaky. I would not start Johnson over the other 3. You have everything in order. GL in the finals!

@Jared Cisneros, I also advanced to the finals in my 12 team league on Yahoo. Yes I made the Finals. Here is my question - with Melvin Gordon probably back, should I still play Tevin Coleman at my Flex (he gave me 20 points this past game) or insert WR D Thomas as a Flex, or keep Golladay as my Flex, and just bench Coleman?

Here was my lineup:

QB - Luck

RB - Coleman but if Gordon is healthy that will change

WR - Hopkins

WR - Fitzgerald

TE - Burton

Flex - Golladay

Defense - Rams

Kicker - Gostkowski

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Jared Cisneros, I also advanced to the finals in my 12 team league on Yahoo. Yes I made the Finals. Here is my question - with Melvin Gordon probably back, should I still play Tevin Coleman at my Flex (he gave me 20 points this past game) or insert WR D Thomas as a Flex and bench Coleman. 

Here was my lineup:

QB - Luck

RB - Coleman but if Gordon is healthy that will change

WR - Hopkins

WR - Fitzgerald

TE - Burton

Flex - Coleman

Defense - Rams

Kicker - Gostkowski

Yeah, use Gordon and Coleman. They should be your best options. GL!

• Like 1

After my lowest scoring week of the season I somehow made it to the championship.

Who is the odd man out between Barkley, Elliot, Chubb, and Mixon? Chubb and mixon have the better matchups, and mixon has been getting tons of touches since AJ Green and Andy Dalton went to IR. Boyd just went to IR so they might rely on mixon even more.

also for my WRs I have Thielen, Alshon, DJ Moore, Sutton, and I can pick up Mike Williams. Foles targeted Alshon a ton so should I go with him and Thielen? 

And this might seem crazy but should I start Mayfield over Goff? He’s got the better matchup and last time he played Cinci he put up 25 points.

3 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

After my lowest scoring week of the season I somehow made it to the championship.

Who is the odd man out between Barkley, Elliot, Chubb, and Mixon? Chubb and mixon have the better matchups, and mixon has been getting tons of touches since AJ Green and Andy Dalton went to IR. Boyd just went to IR so they might rely on mixon even more.

also for my WRs I have Thielen, Alshon, DJ Moore, Sutton, and I can pick up Mike Williams. Foles targeted Alshon a ton so should I go with him and Thielen? 

And this might seem crazy but should I start Mayfield over Goff? He’s got the better matchup and last time he played Cinci he put up 25 points.

With both Mayfield and Chubb in the championship game, where I presume you have a tough opponent, you have to ask yourself, which will do better at their position? With the RB's you have, the smarter play is to sit Chubb, as the Bengals are almost equally bad at pass and run defense. Play Barkley, Elliott and Mixon at RB.

At WR I 100% agree. play Theilen and Jeffrey. Theilen is very consistent, and Jeffrey is Foles favorite target. DJ Moore is hit or miss, and Sutton can't be the no1 receiver. He's just not good enough yet. I would start Mayfield over Goff and expose the Bengals through the passing game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

With both Mayfield and Chubb in the championship game, where I presume you have a tough opponent, you have to ask yourself, which will do better at their position? With the RB's you have, the smarter play is to sit Chubb, as the Bengals are almost equally bad at pass and run defense. Play Barkley, Elliott and Mixon at RB.

At WR I 100% agree. play Theilen and Jeffrey. Theilen is very consistent, and Jeffrey is Foles favorite target. DJ Moore is hit or miss, and Sutton can't be the no1 receiver. He's just not good enough yet. I would start Mayfield over Goff and expose the Bengals through the passing game.

Last time the browns played the bengals both Mayfield and Chubb put up 25 points each in a standard league. I think they can both produce again against that defense

2 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Last time the browns played the bengals both Mayfield and Chubb put up 25 points each in a standard league. I think they can both produce again against that defense

Up to you. You aren't sitting Barkley or Elliott, so it's either Chubb or Mixon. Do what you want.

RB conundrum: standard scoring league, 1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 point TDs. I need two starters, we’re an archaic 2RB 3WR no flex league. I’m in the Championship game and I need to choose 2 RBs. 

The candidates:

Melvin Gordon

I am like 75% sure he will be my RB1 this week. But the doubt comes from the fact that the Ravens have been good defensively, and he’s coming back off of injury. If Kennan Allen is going to miss I think he’s an automatic start. But I do have some worry here. 

Saquon Barkley

Barkley has, for the most part, been an asset all season.  Last week's game was certainly an exception, but he faces us on the road this weekend. We hvent allowed a 100 yard rusher yet, and I don’t see that changing this week. Also, Darius Leonard with that chip on his shoulder has me forecasting an even tougher day for Barkley. 

Marlon Mack

Seems like an automatic start right now. Kelley is back and Mack has had a big game every time Kelley anchors. The Giants D is also suspect. The problem here, however: Luck is my QB. Starting them both is going to sacrifice some points, and I’m already the underdog here. 

Gus Edwards

This seems like a very lucrative start, but I think this is the week the lack of a QB in Baltimore (yeah, I said it.) finally catches up to them. I think the Chargers try to get out to a lead and force Jackson to the air keeping Edwards from doing much of anything. 

Jamaal Williams 

I picked up Williams on waivers. He’s the new starter in GB, and it even looked like Rodgers might get shut down there for a minute, but that’s not the case now. I’m not in love with the idea of starting a guy in the championship game based on one week of work. 

I’m really thinking of going with Gordon and Barkley. If I go with Mack I think I would have to make a change at QB, which would put Baker Mayfield starting for me. I think I have to double down on Luck though. He’s top 10 in scoring, and when it gets right down to it what do I trust to land me points? Luck or our run game?

I’m really not honestly considering Edwards or Williams right now, but maybe someone can make a case from a vantage I am not seeing...

So, who should be the two?

On 12/18/2018 at 1:43 AM, Luck 4 president said:

Browns ganged up on Lindsay the previous week and forced Keenum to beat them because they knew that they did not need to respect Keenum and thus won the game vs Broncos. Lindsay got 4.4 in a standard league. The same is going to apply this week - gang up on Mixon and let Driskel beat you with no A.J.Green or Tyler Boyd who is dealing with a knee sprain and likely out.

Sit Mixon, play the rest. Good luck!!!

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2018 at 12:40 AM, John Waylon said:

RB conundrum: standard scoring league, 1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 point TDs. I need two starters, we’re an archaic 2RB 3WR no flex league. I’m in the Championship game and I need to choose 2 RBs. 

The candidates:

Melvin Gordon

I am like 75% sure he will be my RB1 this week. But the doubt comes from the fact that the Ravens have been good defensively, and he’s coming back off of injury. If Kennan Allen is going to miss I think he’s an automatic start. But I do have some worry here. 

Saquon Barkley

Barkley has, for the most part, been an asset all season.  Last week's game was certainly an exception, but he faces us on the road this weekend. We hvent allowed a 100 yard rusher yet, and I don’t see that changing this week. Also, Darius Leonard with that chip on his shoulder has me forecasting an even tougher day for Barkley. 

Marlon Mack

Seems like an automatic start right now. Kelley is back and Mack has had a big game every time Kelley anchors. The Giants D is also suspect. The problem here, however: Luck is my QB. Starting them both is going to sacrifice some points, and I’m already the underdog here. 

Gus Edwards

This seems like a very lucrative start, but I think this is the week the lack of a QB in Baltimore (yeah, I said it.) finally catches up to them. I think the Chargers try to get out to a lead and force Jackson to the air keeping Edwards from doing much of anything. 

Jamaal Williams 

I picked up Williams on waivers. He’s the new starter in GB, and it even looked like Rodgers might get shut down there for a minute, but that’s not the case now. I’m not in love with the idea of starting a guy in the championship game based on one week of work. 

I’m really thinking of going with Gordon and Barkley. If I go with Mack I think I would have to make a change at QB, which would put Baker Mayfield starting for me. I think I have to double down on Luck though. He’s top 10 in scoring, and when it gets right down to it what do I trust to land me points? Luck or our run game?

I’m really not honestly considering Edwards or Williams right now, but maybe someone can make a case from a vantage I am not seeing...

So, who should be the two?

Melvin Gordon because the Ravens are hard to pass on as well, he was almost active for the previous game and Damien Williams did score 2 TDs vs Ravens, so did Peyton Barber for crying out loud, so the Ravens can be run on by the goal line. Mike Evans did get 121 yards vs Ravens, and the Ravens are one of the lowest, believe it or not, bottom 3 or 4 in turnovers generated in the league this year. So, if you stay patient, you get production vs Ravens' D.

Marlon Mack, because of what RBs have done to the Giants ever since they traded Snacks Harrison in the middle to the Lions thus bolstering the Lions' run D actually since the trade.

Gus Edwards will have volume but at some point, the Chargers will score enough and figure things out, they are basically doing a defensive plan like defending the wish bone vs Lamar Jackson, I heard, since it is unlike any other offense they have seen so far this season. I am certain the Chargers' focus will be to get Lamar to several 3rd downs.

So, I'd go with Melvin Gordon and Marlon Mack.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

I’m up by 10 points with Kelce and Lindsay to go with my opponent having Tyreek Hill, fingers crossed for my championship tonight.

I won my work league, yahoo!!! I get to gloat for a year with my co-workers!!! Last won it in 2013, always sweet to win it all!!!

Daily fantasy: I'm through with Ben Roethlisberger. I had him on one of my lineups.  He's playing Cincinnati at home, in what should have been a good match up. They need to win (and hope that Baltimore loses) , but they're behind the Bengals 10-0. Ben isn't doing anything. When I don't have him  in a lineup, he goes off for 400 yards, but when I start him, he's awful. 

It's  a dollar game, so it's not a big deal if I don't win. It's just so frustrating when a player is that inconsistent.