Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

Here is a line up decision:

QBs: Fitzpatrick, Luck

RBs: David Johnson, Carlos Hyde, Philip Lindsay, Rex Burkhead, Derrick Henry

WRs: Davante Adams, Chris Hogan, Keelan Cole, Kenny Golladay

TE: Kelce

K: Dan Bailey

D: Ravens

I need to choose 5 out of the RBs and WRs, the bolded above are my choices.

I am tempted to go with Kenny Golladay over Chris Hogan and am nervous about David Johnson. I think the Lions' run D is very bad, so I am tempted to play Burkhead since I feel it might be his coming out party this year. Thoughts???

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Thursday nights favor the home team defense, typically, and I would agree after seeing the Ravens' D lay an egg while the Bengals' D romped over them.

I might have to play him anyways if landry isn't a go. Kupp replaces Landry and powell moves to flex

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

In another league, Goff or Luck??? I am leaning towards Goff vs Chargers at home.

Goff.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Here is a line up decision:

QBs: Fitzpatrick, Luck

RBs: David Johnson, Carlos Hyde, Philip Lindsay, Rex Burkhead, Derrick Henry

WRs: Davante Adams, Chris Hogan, Keelan Cole, Kenny Golladay

TE: Kelce

K: Dan Bailey

D: Ravens

I need to choose 5 out of the RBs and WRs, the bolded above are my choices.

I am tempted to go with Kenny Golladay over Chris Hogan and am nervous about David Johnson. I think the Lions' run D is very bad, so I am tempted to play Burkhead since I feel it might be his coming out party this year. Thoughts???

Id say you're pretty set. I don't think I could pull the trigger on benching Johnson, but that bears D is worrisome. Which do you believe will be more likely to happen? Johnson drops an egg, or burkhead blows up?

I think burkhead has a higher ceiling but lower floor than Johnson.

7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Glad I didn't play him, bit in my other league I had crowell on my bench lol. It seems to be one or the other 

One of my co-workers was telling that Crowell didn't do much in game 2. I told him 2 games is not enough sample space to not play him when he DID produce in game 1. He is glad he kept him in the line up.

Just had a trade offer.

Desean jackson and phillip Lindsay for J. Landry.

Tram as it sits now

QB: luck, big ben

RB: Gordon, Cook, Mixon, Powell, Ekeler

WR: Diggs, Landry, C. Kupp, D. Parker, C. Davis, Q. Enunwa

TE: Rudolph

If I accept, who do I drop? C. Davis, Ekeler, or Powell.

I'm afraid jackson is going drop off soon, especially at the end of the year where his schedule get a lot tougher. Last 4 games, Car, NO, @Bal, @Dal.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:32 PM, Narcosys said:

Just had a trade offer.

Desean jackson and phillip Lindsay for J. Landry.

Tram as it sits now

QB: luck, big ben

RB: Gordon, Cook, Mixon, Powell, Ekeler

WR: Diggs, Landry, C. Kupp, D. Parker, C. Davis, Q. Enunwa

TE: Rudolph

If I accept, who do I drop? C. Davis, Ekeler, or Powell.

I'm afraid jackson is going drop off soon, especially at the end of the year where his schedule get a lot tougher. Last 4 games, Car, NO, @Bal, @Dal.

@Jared Cisneros, @chad72

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Drop Corey Davis. Rishard Matthews will soon be back. Plus, the Titans' OL is in shambles, so not many 5 or 7 step drops which is where Davis thrives. When the OL comes back, the run game will get going and they will go back to their ball control offense even when Mariota comes back, I feel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I agree with Chad on this one. You are losing Cook and Mixon for a short period of time, so Lindsay will give you a better starting RB, and you essentially are trading Landry for DeSean Jackson, who is doing great as a deep threat for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Drop Corey Davis, as he has become useless with both Gabbert and Mariota, and start Gordon and Lindsay next week, and play the matchups after that when Mixon and Cook return.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Drop Corey Davis. Rishard Matthews will soon be back. Plus, the Titans' OL is in shambles, so not many 5 or 7 step drops which is where Davis thrives. When the OL comes back, the run game will get going and they will go back to their ball control offense even when Mariota comes back, I feel. 

41 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree with Chad on this one. You are losing Cook and Mixon for a short period of time, so Lindsay will give you a better starting RB, and you essentially are trading Landry for DeSean Jackson, who is doing great as a deep threat for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Drop Corey Davis, as he has become useless with both Gabbert and Mariota, and start Gordon and Lindsay next week, and play the matchups after that when Mixon and Cook return.

It is a .5 PPR. So my problem is that he only has 9 receptions in 9 targets.   He is a great deep threat and has gotten tons of yards. But what happens when his receptions don't translate into yards. Meanwhile Jarvis has twice as many receptions with the same amount of yards, but no TDs to Jackson's 3.

I'm almost inclined to keep the guaranteed receptions over the riskier high ceiling. Jackson doesn't even have as many targets as Landry has receptions. Am I being to risk adverse here?

48 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Lindsey could be looking at a suspension .  Not sure when the league will announce that

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

It is a .5 PPR. So my problem is that he only has 9 receptions in 9 targets.   He is a great deep threat and has gotten tons of yards. But what happens when his receptions don't translate into yards. Meanwhile Jarvis has twice as many receptions with the same amount of yards, but no TDs to Jackson's 3.

I'm almost inclined to keep the guaranteed receptions over the riskier high ceiling. Jackson doesn't even have as many targets as Landry has receptions. Am I being to risk adverse here?

People probably missed the boat on DJax because they never saw the Fitz magic coming the first game at least. If it is a PPR, I'd keep Landry because his ceiling will get even higher with Baker Mayfield as QB with TDs too. Lindsay will never hit his ceiling as long as Freeman eats into the TDs, a big reason he is being given away too. DJax will only make things easier for Mike Evans and Chris Goodwin but as history has shown, Fitzpatrick goes on these streaks of a few games in his career only to come crashing back down. That is why I am inclined to think you may have a valid point. 

After further review, keep Landry or get an RB/WR with a higher floor. :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Not sure if .5 PPR is enough to keep Landry over Jackson and Lindsay. I honestly think you need Lindsay and Jackson more. Jackson will get his and Lindsay will also get his carries. You should base it on if you think Fitz will keep his job. I think he will. Mayfield is also Antonio Callaway's BFF, so take that for what it's worth with Landry.

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Mayfield is also Antonio Callaway's BFF, so take that for what it's worth with Landry.

Is this true?

In an ESPN 14 team league, this is my team, 0.4 PPR:

QB: Goff, Luck

RB: Kamara, Hyde, Henry, Yeldon

WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Chris Godwin, Geronimo Allison, Antonio Callaway

DEF: Rams, Ravens

K: Sam Ficken

Someone dropped Chris Carson, do I drop Callaway for Chris Carson or do you think I do not need him?

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Is this true?

In an ESPN 14 team league, this is my team, 0.4 PPR:

QB: Goff, Luck

RB: Kamara, Hyde, Henry, Yeldon

WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Chris Godwin, Geronimo Allison, Antonio Callaway

DEF: Rams, Ravens

K: Sam Ficken

Someone dropped Chris Carson, do I drop Callaway for Chris Carson or do you think I do not need him?

I would still drop Callaway for Carson honestly. Carson had a good game yesterday, and Callaway is iffy with the drops right now. You need another RB. Kamara and Hyde are a very good 1/2 combo, but Derrick Henry isn't good right now, and TJ Yeldon may be useless when Fournette returns. Carson can start as a backup, matchup based starter, bye week replacement, or injury replacement, and you'll need that, especially in a 14 team league. Your WR's are strong 1-4 on your team.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

People probably missed the boat on DJax because they never saw the Fitz magic coming the first game at least. If it is a PPR, I'd keep Landry because his ceiling will get even higher with Baker Mayfield as QB with TDs too. Lindsay will never hit his ceiling as long as Freeman eats into the TDs, a big reason he is being given away too. DJax will only make things easier for Mike Evans and Chris Goodwin but as history has shown, Fitzpatrick goes on these streaks of a few games in his career only to come crashing back down. That is why I am inclined to think you may have a valid point. 

After further review, keep Landry or get an RB/WR with a higher floor. :) 

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not sure if .5 PPR is enough to keep Landry over Jackson and Lindsay. I honestly think you need Lindsay and Jackson more. Jackson will get his and Lindsay will also get his carries. You should base it on if you think Fitz will keep his job. I think he will. Mayfield is also Antonio Callaway's BFF, so take that for what it's worth with Landry.

Both Calvin Ridley and Sammy Watkins are on waivers. Can get them while dropping davis and Parker. 

Putting 10 on Ridley and only 2 on Watkins.

2 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Both Calvin Ridley and Sammy Watkins are on waivers. Can get them while dropping davis and Parker. 

Putting 10 on Ridley and only 2 on Watkins.

You must be in a FAAB league if you are bidding on waiver guys. I'd probably go 10 on Ridley, and 5 on Watkins honestly. Watkins is becoming a bigger piece of the offense now than week 1. He's good for 60-80 yards, and sometimes a td in a given week. That's worth a $5 bid. 

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You must be in a FAAB league if you are bidding on waiver guys. I'd probably go 10 on Ridley, and 5 on Watkins honestly. Watkins is becoming a bigger piece of the offense now than week 1. He's good for 60-80 yards, and sometimes a td in a given week. That's worth a $5 bid. 

If I get those, should I still commit to the trade, or should I try to target his jordan Howard?

2 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

If I get those, should I still commit to the trade, or should I try to target his jordan Howard?

I would definitely target Howard. That'll give you a solid no2 back. RB's are pretty bad this year, and Howard is one of the more consistent ones. Your WR's would be improved, then you could focus on a starting RB afterward before week 4 starts.

41 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would definitely target Howard. That'll give you a solid no2 back. RB's are pretty bad this year, and Howard is one of the more consistent ones. Your WR's would be improved, then you could focus on a starting RB afterward before week 4 starts.

I'm thinking Landry for Howard straight up if I get ridley

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Goff vs Vikings or Luck vs Texans

or

do I chance picking up Case Keenum vs Chiefs on MNF or Eli vs NO Saints?

All of these are home match ups for the QBs.

Scoring is 3 pts for passing TD, -1 for INT, 6 pts for rushing TD.

Run with Goff.  Can't trust luck output. Only alluring one is eli because of what the falcons did. But do you the giants are as good or better than the falcons?

40 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Run with Goff.  Can't trust luck output. Only alluring one is eli because of what the falcons did. But do you the giants are as good or better than the falcons?

My biggest concern this week is that the Vikings force a lot of FGs and I have Goff's kicker too. So Goff may very well throw just 1 TD pass and maybe 300 yards against a Vikings' D, they are not going to have 2 bad games in a row like the Bills game. Maybe because I have the Rams QB, kicker and D, I am worrying due to the short week game???

Eli will have to keep throwing - Saints' O will not stop scoring and every time I remember Eli playing the Saints, they lose in a shootout. Giants' OL will not be able to run against the Saints, so they will have to throw more, unlike Goff, where Gurley and that OL will be able to control tempo vs the Vikings.

What do you think??? Am I overthinking it? :) 

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

My biggest concern this week is that the Vikings force a lot of FGs and I have Goff's kicker too. So Goff may very well throw just 1 TD pass and maybe 300 yards against a Vikings' D, they are not going to have 2 bad games in a row like the Bills game. Maybe because I have the Rams QB, kicker and D, I am worrying due to the short week game???

Eli will have to keep throwing - Saints' O will not stop scoring and every time I remember Eli playing the Saints, they lose in a shootout. Giants' OL will not be able to run against the Saints, so they will have to throw more, unlike Goff, where Gurley and that OL will be able to control tempo vs the Vikings.

Use your last advice to me, short week home team. 

• Like 1

I am 3-0 this in my Auction league (probably should be 2-1) and I am looking to pull out a win this week. If I can get this win, I should make the playoffs. Yes I know pretty early to say that, but with out the rest of the league is looking, and my future matchups, I should end up 9-4 or 8-5. That kind of record makes the playoff and a Bye in this league.  But I am facing someone who has dropped 130 each week, which is top 4 scoring for this league.  Here's my current line up and I'm in a bind with injuries. What's the optimal lineup here.

QB: Ben Roethlisberger vs Bal

RB: Melvin Gordon vs SF

RB: Bilal Powell @Jax (which I think is good play because they are going to want a dump off RB)

WR: Stefon Diggs @LAR ***Thursday Game***

WR: Jarvis Landry @Oak

TE: Kyle Rudolph @LAR ***Thursday Game***

Flex: John Brow @Pit

Bench:
QB: Luck vs Hou

RB: D. Cook (Q) @LAR; 

J. Mixon (O);  

A. Ekeler vs SF

WR: C. Kupp @LAR ***Thursday***; 

Q. Enunway @Jax;  

D. Parker @NE

A lot of away games, and 2nd week in a row with starting multiple Thursday night players.  If I can win this, I should be pretty good until weeks 9 & 10 where I get hit with all my Byes.  And no, there aint squat on the waivers. Didn't get Ridley or Watkins like I was hoping.

40 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I am 3-0 this in my Auction league (probably should be 2-1) and I am looking to pull out a win this week. If I can get this win, I should make the playoffs. Yes I know pretty early to say that, but with out the rest of the league is looking, and my future matchups, I should end up 9-4 or 8-5. That kind of record makes the playoff and a Bye in this league.  But I am facing someone who has dropped 130 each week, which is top 4 scoring for this league.  Here's my current line up and I'm in a bind with injuries. What's the optimal lineup here.

QB: Ben Roethlisberger vs Bal

RB: Melvin Gordon vs SF

RB: Bilal Powell @Jax (which I think is good play because they are going to want a dump off RB)

WR: Stefon Diggs @LAR ***Thursday Game***

WR: Jarvis Landry @Oak

TE: Kyle Rudolph @LAR ***Thursday Game***

Flex: John Brow @Pit

Bench:
QB: Luck vs Hou

RB: D. Cook (Q) @LAR; 

J. Mixon (O);  

A. Ekeler vs SF

WR: C. Kupp @LAR ***Thursday***; 

Q. Enunway @Jax;  

D. Parker @NE

A lot of away games, and 2nd week in a row with starting multiple Thursday night players.  If I can win this, I should be pretty good until weeks 9 & 10 where I get hit with all my Byes.  And no, there aint squat on the waivers. Didn't get Ridley or Watkins like I was hoping.

Everything looks good based on what I see. It looks like Cameron Brate is making a comeback on the TE front but it would only be a push at best with Kyle Rudolph, plus there is no other TE to get receptions away from Rudolph, like Brate has O.J. Howard. So, stand pat with your choices.

17 hours ago, chad72 said:

Re-looking at this eli will have volume, but check the saints db situation. Eli's known as an int machine at times. Saquan is going to get his touches and its at home.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Everything looks good based on what I see. It looks like Cameron Brate is making a comeback on the TE front but it would only be a push at best with Kyle Rudolph, plus there is no other TE to get receptions away from Rudolph, like Brate has O.J. Howard. So, stand pat with your choices.

Confused...cameron brate?

10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Confused...cameron brate?

Yes, Cameron Brate instead of Kyle Rudolph could have been an option at TE since the Bears are similar to the Rams in defending TEs but then like Brate has O.J.Howard to poach receptions at the TE spot, Rudolph does not have much competition there. That was the only spot I was wanting to look at upgrades for the roster you trotted out there.

But after further review, your choices are fine, that is what I meant. :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes, Cameron Brate instead of Kyle Rudolph could have been an option at TE since the Bears are similar to the Rams in defending TEs but then like Brate has O.J.Howard to poach receptions at the TE spot, Rudolph does not have much competition there. That was the only spot I was wanting to look at upgrades for the roster you trotted out there.

Ah, ya I don't think brate is even available on our waivers for me to pick up. But thanks.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

On a different note, and league

A. Robinson vs TB

C. Godwin @Chi

C. Kupp vs Min

Can only pick one, and I'm leaning towards Robinson with all his targets and is Trubisky's first look. 

19 hours ago, chad72 said:

It was 49-52, manning had 6 TD and 350 yards. But that was 2015 and no run game.

36 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I think you might be inclined to start eli here actually.

Pick 2:

A. Robinson vs TB

C. Godwin @ Chi

C. Kupp vs Min

L. Miller @ Ind

Godwin seems to have that TD magic going for him. He should have had 3 TDs vs the Steelers, if he had held on to every Fitz look in the end zone, I am glad Fitz went back to him again later. Hard to bench him.

Allen Robinson also will have the looks. So, I will say Allen Robinson and Chris Godwin. Indy has not been gashed by the run since game 1 at home by Mixon. Since then, gap discipline has been good, that is why I feel Robinson and Godwin will have the safe floors but higher ceilings.

Here is one thing that might change Kupp's projection - Aqib Talib is on IR, Marcus Peters is doubtful, and that could give Kirk Cousins a good day which would in turn mean Goff might have to throw more than usual as a ripple effect, just thought about that. Keep an eye on Marcus Peters before the game.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Godwin seems to have that TD magic going for him. He should have had 3 TDs vs the Steelers, if he had held on to every Fitz look in the end zone, I am glad Fitz went back to him again later. Hard to bench him.

Allen Robinson also will have the looks. So, I will say Allen Robinson and Chris Godwin. Indy has not been gashed by the run since game 1 at home by Mixon. Since then, gap discipline has been good, that is why I feel Robinson and Godwin will have the safe floors but higher ceilings.

Here is one thing that might change Kupp's projection - Aqib Talib is on IR, Marcus Peters is doubtful, and that could give Kirk Cousins a good day which would in turn mean Goff might have to throw more than usual as a ripple effect, just thought about that. Keep an eye on Marcus Peters before the game.

Ya, but the vikings do have decent defenders against WR. Right now I have kupp just based on his volume of redzone targets. Plus it'd a home game on Thursday. 

However, both bears and bucs aren't great against the pass. Think I'm going with Godwin.  Speaking of Rams CBs being out, is cousins a better play over big ben who faces the ravens at home. Ben's last 3 home games have averaged over 300 yards and 3 TDs per game. Baltimore will move the ball well against Pittsburg, but can't even AB, JuJu, and Vance McDonald.

Which brings another question lol, George kittle vs LAC (who rank 3rd best against TE right now) or Vance Mcdonald vs Bal (who rank 9th best).