Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

15 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Ya, but the vikings do have decent defenders against WR. Right now I have kupp just based on his volume of redzone targets. Plus it'd a home game on Thursday. 

However, both bears and bucs aren't great against the pass. Think I'm going with Godwin.  Speaking of Rams CBs being out, is cousins a better play over big ben who faces the ravens at home. Ben's last 3 home games have averaged over 300 yards and 3 TDs per game. Baltimore will move the ball well against Pittsburg, but can't even AB, JuJu, and Vance McDonald.

Which brings another question lol, George kittle vs LAC (who rank 3rd best against TE right now) or Vance Mcdonald vs Bal (who rank 9th best).

The last time the Ravens played the Bengals on the road, they got negative points with Andy lighting them up, hence I'd play Big Ben without worrying about it. 

Vance McDonald, he will be there for more snaps for run blocking, IMO. 

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

The last time the Ravens played the Bengals on the road, they got negative points with Andy lighting them up, hence I'd play Big Ben without worrying about it. 

Vance McDonald, he will be there for more snaps for run blocking, IMO. 

Its 230 am here. I just woke up and took a look. I feel sick with the 26+ points on my bench right now.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

We should have took each others first advice lol. I saw it and thought I hope he played Goff.

Sometimes, it is best to laugh at your follies than feel miserable about it forever. :) 

At least, I did not blow my 401(K) on ocean front property in Nebraska. :) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Ya, but the vikings do have decent defenders against WR. Right now I have kupp just based on his volume of redzone targets. Plus it'd a home game on Thursday. 

However, both bears and bucs aren't great against the pass. Think I'm going with Godwin.  Speaking of Rams CBs being out, is cousins a better play over big ben who faces the ravens at home. Ben's last 3 home games have averaged over 300 yards and 3 TDs per game. Baltimore will move the ball well against Pittsburg, but can't even AB, JuJu, and Vance McDonald.

Which brings another question lol, George kittle vs LAC (who rank 3rd best against TE right now) or Vance Mcdonald vs Bal (who rank 9th best).

I would go with Vance MacDonald. Garappolo is out, so I don't know how that would affect Kittle. Baltimore has a good defense, but the Ravens-Steelers games always are intense and MacDonald gets a lot of targets. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2018 at 1:20 PM, chad72 said:

Sometimes, it is best to laugh at your follies than feel miserable about it forever. :) 

At least, I did not blow my 401(K) on ocean front property in Nebraska. :) 

Lost both...would have won both if..

6 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Lost both...would have won both if..

Well, it is a long season, we can always say that to ourselves. 

There is just 1 league I have a shot at winning, I am 0-3 and need a win in a bad way.

I have a 16 point lead, standard league with 4 pts for passing TD. I have Kelce and Royce Freeman going, my opponent has Patrick Mahomes and Brandon McManus. Here is to hoping for a RB TD show with few FGs on Monday Night. :) 

15 hours ago, chad72 said:

Well, it is a long season, we can always say that to ourselves. 

There is just 1 league I have a shot at winning, I am 0-3 and need a win in a bad way.

I have a 16 point lead, standard league with 4 pts for passing TD. I have Kelce and Royce Freeman going, my opponent has Patrick Mahomes and Brandon McManus. Here is to hoping for a RB TD show with few FGs on Monday Night. :) 

I won by 6 in the league above, mainly due to Kelce's TD and Freeman's TD each, I am on the board at 1-3. Hallelujah!!!

I promise the FF gods I will never bench Goff again, unless he is inactive or on a bye week :) 

9 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Pick 3

Cooper Kupp @Sea

Stefon Diggs @Phi

John Brown @Cle

Jarvis Landry vs Bal

All pretty decent choices, thinking of sitting Diggs or J. Brown here.

I would sit Landry in standard and Brown in PPR. Landry has a very difficult matchup. He'll hold his own in PPR because of receptions, but in standard leagues, he could easily get a stat line like 7 catches for 50 yards and only get 5 points. Brown is probably better in Standard because he'll get some big catches from Flacco, but usually he gets 5 or less receptions a game, and Denzel Ward is on fire right now. Brown may burn him a few times, but he won't get a lot of receptions.

• Thanks 1

10-team league:

QBs: Dalton vs Miami, Derek Carr at Chargers

RBs: David Johnson vs SF, Carlos Hyde vs Baltimore, Royce Freeman at NYJ, Philip Lindsay at NYJ, James White vs IND

WRs: Davante Adams at Det, Kenny Golladay vs GB, Doug Baldwin vs LAR, Tyler Boyd vs Miami, Calvin Ridley at Pitt

TEs: Travis Kelce at Jax

DEF: Ravens at Cle

K: Mason Crosby at Det

My current choices in bold, rest are only choices. Yeah, I have played the waiver wire heavily the last 3 weeks to land this team but I am 1-3, thanks to going against Rams and Chiefs players plus Kamara in week 1 and David Johnson being a bum.

Thoughts???

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Pick 3

Cooper Kupp @Sea

Stefon Diggs @Phi

John Brown @Cle

Jarvis Landry vs Bal

All pretty decent choices, thinking of sitting Diggs or J. Brown here.

Do not sit Diggs down. Philly is still experimenting with its CBs with Corey Davis and Taywan Taylor getting big gains, including a 4th & 15 being converted on the game winning TD drive. They give up chunk plays, and that is why Philly is 2-2.

Ravens do not get beat deep easily, so Landry is a good play, but then knowing how Callaway is inconsistent, they may choke the middle and force Baker to go deep. It is a toss up between John Brown and Landry to me but given the high number of plays, including run plays that Landry is in, I'd have to say Landry over John Brown.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would sit Landry in standard and Brown in PPR. Landry has a very difficult matchup. He'll hold his own in PPR because of receptions, but in standard leagues, he could easily get a stat line like 7 catches for 50 yards and only get 5 points. Brown is probably better in Standard because he'll get some big catches from Flacco, but usually he gets 5 or less receptions a game, and Denzel Ward is on fire right now. Brown may burn him a few times, but he won't get a lot of receptions.

1 point ppr

Baltimore can have trouble with slot receivers, which fits Landry. Also Corey Davis was targeted 15 times and faces the Bills.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Do not sit Diggs down. Philly is still experimenting with its CBs with Corey Davis and Taywan Taylor getting big gains, including a 4th & 15 being converted on the game winning TD drive. They give up chunk plays, and that is why Philly is 2-2.

Ravens do not get beat deep easily, so Landry is a good play, but then knowing how Callaway is inconsistent, they may choke the middle and force Baker to go deep. It is a toss up between John Brown and Landry to me but given the high number of plays, including run plays that Landry is in, I'd have to say Landry over John Brown.

Landry or C. Davis @Buf?

2 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

1 point ppr

Baltimore can have trouble with slot receivers, which fits Landry. Also Corey Davis was targeted 15 times and faces the Bills.

I would definitely start Landry then. That's a 5-10 point boost just based on PPR with him.  Corey Davis seems like a top target now, but it is Mariota as the QB. My advice on Davis is, if you feel bold, start him over Diggs in the PPR format. Philly is a tough matchup, and Davis could do better than Diggs.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, chad72 said:

10-team league:

RBs: David Johnson vs SF, Carlos Hyde vs Baltimore, Royce Freeman at NYJ, Philip Lindsay at NYJ, James White vs IND

WRs: Davante Adams at Det, Kenny Golladay vs GB, Doug Baldwin vs LAR, Tyler Boyd vs Miami, Calvin Ridley at Pitt

My current choices in bold, rest are only choices. Yeah, I have played the waiver wire heavily the last 3 weeks to land this team but I am 1-3, thanks to going against Rams and Chiefs players plus Kamara in week 1 and David Johnson being a bum.

Thoughts???

Your team looks very solid right now. The Chargers have a terrible pass defense, and I would start Carr over Dalton personally. Johnson and White are my RB choices this week. Love your WR's and I would agree with your choices. Rest looks good.

18 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

1 point ppr

The Bills' pass D, ever since the second half of the Chargers'  game (game 2) when Sean McDermott took over the play calling duties from Leslie Frazier, has been stout. They limited the Chargers and TreDavious White remarkably limited Keenan Allen, and then Diggs, and then Davante Adams had his first game without a TD, you see a pattern here? #1 wide outs vs the Bills are not seeing the end zone lately. Leslie Frazier, since then, has implemented Sean's plans without changing them and the results have been consistent, TreDavious White is playing at a Pro Bowl level. So Corey Davis could face the same fate and get a bunch of underneath catches for a few yards but not chunk plays. It is a week-to-week league and I had a gut feeling that Aaron Rodgers would not have to pass for much vs the Bills, but did not go with my gut. Same thing with the Titans - Mariota will not have to pass much vs the Bills due to their inept offense, and thus the passing offense will not be putting up high numbers, IMO. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chad72 said:

10-team league:

Thoughts???

Might consider Lindsay over white.

Wouldn't sit Tyler Boyd he gets targets, receptions, and yards. Would sit Golladay or Adams. 

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

@Jared Cisneros @chad72

Forgot, my RB's are hurting with D. Cook and J. Mixon basically out. At least I have M. Gordon.

However my choice for my RB2 is either Powell vs Den or Hines @NE

If TY does not play, Hines is a must-start. Pascal, Rogers, Ebron, Hines is what will rotate for pass plays, IMO, unless Doyle plays too.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Might consider Lindsay over white.

Wouldn't sit Tyler Boyd he gets targets, receptions, and yards. Would sit Golladay or Adams. 

Might consider Boyd over Golladay here. Very good point there. 

Lindsay scored his first TD in 4 games on MNF but otherwise, he is a yards guy primarily with TDs poached by Freeman typically. He does get a lot of yards and so does James White but with the additional fact that James White scores TDs too, catching and rushing. Broncos have scored more TDs rushing than passing, thanks to Case Keenum and Jets are 7th in the league in yards per carry allowed. 

Given the history of usage and the ceiling, I probably will go with White here. I just wish the Broncos would just stick with Freeman for goal line situations, might make my decisions easier. :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Might consider Boyd over Golladay here. Very good point there. 

Lindsay scored his first TD in 4 games on MNF but otherwise, he is a yards guy primarily with TDs poached by Freeman typically. He does get a lot of yards and so does James White but with the additional fact that James White scores TDs too, catching and rushing. Broncos have scored more TDs rushing than passing, thanks to Case Keenum and Jets are 7th in the league in yards per carry allowed. 

Given the history of usage and the ceiling, I probably will go with White here. I just wish the Broncos would just stick with Freeman for goal line situations, might make my decisions easier. :) 

Ya, forgot his receiving capabilities. Beware of Edelman though.

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

Absolutely, yes. Turbinator is back for the Colts - so no guarantee how things will shape up for the Colts.

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Definitely go Mixon is he plays. He'll get around 20 carries a game plus a few receptions. 

That is what I figured, but don't know if they plan on putting him on a snap count or not. If he is out (or low snap count) and I don't play Hines, I'm left with Crowell lol. The injury bug always takes out my best RB's

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

That is what I figured, but don't know if they plan on putting him on a snap count or not. If he is out (or low snap count) and I don't play Hines, I'm left with Crowell lol. The injury bug always takes out my best RB's

Talk to me about it, the Leonard Fournette and Devonta Freeman owner from Rounds 1 and 2 of my FF draft. :) I have been enduring that for 4 weeks, the only good thing I did was get T.J.Yeldon in the draft in the later rounds.

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Talk to me about it, the Leonard Fournette and Devonta Freeman owner from Rounds 1 and 2 of my FF draft. :) I have been enduring that for 4 weeks, the only good thing I did was get T.J.Yeldon in the draft in the later rounds.

Every year, for the past 5, I've had at least one go on IR. Its been rough lol.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Pick 2:

A. Cooper @LAC

D. Westrbook @KC

L. Miller vs Dal

I have Amari Cooper on one of my Fanduel lineups this week. I would probably go with Westbrook. Kansas City has allowed a lot of points in previous games.  Dallas is too unpredictable; one never knows what kind of defense will show for the Cowboys. 

• Thanks 1