Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tomasi Laulile - DT (BYU) 2018 UDFA

Scott Pennock

I think this big boy deserves his own thread!

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/4/22/17268928/source-colts-coach-mike-phair-is-working-out-dt-prospects-at-byu

He had 3 sacks as an interior rusher each of his last two seasons played.

Ran a 4.77 and 4.83 40 at 6'3" and 301 lbs.....scouting report says his first two steps are lightening quick.

If he plays up to that speed he will certainly be in our top 63 (which includes our 10 PS Players) players come the start of the season.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

I'm very intrigued by this guy. Besides a good scouting report, I haven't found a highlight tape anywhere. Sounds like he has the tools to be a pass rushing interior lineman but is pretty raw and not a ton of game experience. Looks like two years of high school ball and parts of three seasons of college (three total starts and appeared in 33 games). It sounds like he fits what we are looking for and hopefully they found a gem. 

I think he has a decent shot to make the team, seems like a playmaker, looks he can play insider or outside if we need more run support.  Seems like a nice guy when interviewed, must have got upset about something obviously, to cause him to have a fight.  OK to be nasty and aggresvie, just don't fight or get penalties, that is not being considerate to team mates.

couldnt find him in the video because it was a massive brawl. But it must take a lot to become academically ineligible. Football players at D1 schools always get special treatment and most take a bunch of nonsense classes to fulfill the credit requirements. But just because he’s lazy in school doesn’t mean he’s lazy on the football field.

6 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

couldnt find him in the video because it was a massive brawl. But it must take a lot to become academically ineligible. Football players at D1 schools always get special treatment and most take a bunch of nonsense classes to fulfill the credit requirements. But just because he’s lazy in school doesn’t mean he’s lazy on the football field.

I would agree 100% but at the same time because of how things work, if you want to make football a career you have to go to college for 3 years.  

So when it comes to pro's I'd be worried about arrests.  I would be worried about positive drug tests.  I'm not too worried about bad grades.  If he works hard at football and has football IQ, it doesn't really mean much to us if he can't pass his college classes.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I do want to say, although this series isn't going the way I thought it would down 0-3, this has still been a very fun ride. Making the Final 4 isn't easy no matter how you get there. If the season ends Monday, I will tip my hat to Boston and acknowledge they have the better team. Who knows maybe we will win Monday and at least extend the series.   Once you reach the Final 4, you play the elite teams and Boston has been the best team all season in reality. Losing Game 1 to Boston was a gut punch because we had it won, but really the only gut punch I have felt all playoffs. Pacers had a chance last night as well, was up 18 at one time (only lost by 3) but the experience of the Celtics on how to close games at this stage was glaring.    Great moments during this run have been *Game 3 vs the Bucks: Haliburton makes game winning shot to give the Pacers a 2-1 series lead. That 121-118 win in overtime was the series pretty much. Pacers beat a division rival in Round 1 of the Playoffs 4-2.   *Game 3 vs the Knicks: With season on the line, down 0-2 in the series, Nembhard makes a 32-foot 3 pointer with the game tied at 106-106 to help the Pacers win 111-106.   *Game 4 vs the Knicks: Is now called the Mother's Day Massacre, Pacers blow Knicks out 121-89, series tied 2-2.   *Game 7 at New York: ESPN's Knicks = Stephen A. Smith, Molly Qerim, Monica McNutt, Big Perk, Mike Greenberg, Doris Burke, and celebrities = Ben Stiller, Jon Stewart, Tracy Morgan, Spike Lee, John McEnroe - we ruined your summer! Pacers set an NBA record and shot 67% from the field and 54% from 3 in a Game 7 on the road to take down the mighty Knicks in Madison Square Garden . I hate Boston but hate the Knicks more.   The 2024 season achievements *Won 47 games (47-35) and clinched that vital 6th seed, stayed out of the playin game.   *Beat the Knicks in the Semi-Finals to advance to the Final 4.   *Pacers had the #1 offense in the entire league scoring wise.
    • "I want you for US Army!"   -Uncle Sam-
    • " if you don't think Alec Pierce is a good receiver, there's the door!"
    • I still think the window will be wide open next season too. Haliburton will only get better and we are young and deep. No 1 player is going to emerge to be an all-time great in 1 year. People have to remember, Bennedict Mathurin is out and he was the Pacers 4th best player when he was playing averaging 15 points a game. Denver will still be tough with Joker, Knicks will be healthier, Boston is Boston but nothing unbeatable stands out. I think Dallas can beat Boston.
    • As crazy as it sounds considering they're a young team, this might have been the best chance the Pacers have ever had for a title.  No Jordan.  No Shaq and Kobe.  No Lebron. No Curry.  They should be up 2-1, possibly headed to the finals to play a very beatable Dallas team.  In another year or two, a new dominant player and team might emerge.
  • Members

• lincolndefan

lincolndefan 92

• Smonroe

Smonroe 6,284

• ADnum1

ADnum1 3,157

• cdgacoltsfan

cdgacoltsfan 4,304

• stitches

stitches 19,904

• Behle